Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahadur
See below link for 3 great pictures taken Saturday of The Tin Man posted on another forum.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/alexb...ages?msg=16560
Great pictures of him. I hope he continues to be patient and heal. Thanks for posting this
Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Honu -

Thank you so very much for the emotional yet eloquent updates. If there was anybody who was indifferent to Tin when this first broke, I'm positive that you've got 'em all praying for the old guy now. Good luck to you, Tin and the rest of the connections, and please continue to keep us updated.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Suffolk Downs

Thanks for the updates. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.....
Old 11-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Saratoga

Mandella to be on ATR in the last half hour I think, should be a good conversation
Old 11-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Steve Byk

Mandella at 6:30...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Mandella at 6:30...
See, I should be stage manager or something
Old 11-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Arlington Park

Maybe Allday will call in to talk about the fine he got from last year's Arlington Million.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:08 PM
empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honu
Hi folks, just stopping by to give an update , Tinny is still being a very good boy , not moving around too much and he is not favoring that leg and is standing on all fours which is a good thing. Dr Blea and Dr. Morgan stopped by and had a look at him and took the stitches out of his ankle , they suggested we mud all four of his feet once a day with white cooling mud and put him on some foot medicicine called Trentol , which is perscribed to humans with heart issues to keep the blood flowing good to his feet.
He still looks bright in the eyes and his coat is good alltho he is putting on his winter hair which he started to about a month ago , he doesnt care if its 80 degrees in the afternoon by god its time to grow a coat.
This morning as I was leaving I stopped to give him a pat and pushed the halter back from behind his ears because he is wearing it 24/7 now , I started to scratch him right up behind his ears and the bugger put his head in the crook of my arm , at that point I had to go because I was going to lose it in the shedrow.
You all have know idea how much all your support means to everyone in the barn , we understand your questions of why and and we also understand your pain because we feel the same way. Tinny for sure feels the love because he is accepting this with so much grace and heart , please keep the good vibes flowing and thanks again for all your love.
Group prayer has unbelievable power, let's get some going for the Tin Man!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Randwyck

Hi folks ,
Here's an update on Tinny , the swelling in his right front leg is coming down and his spirits are still good. We have had to give a little bit of tranquilizer here and there because he has been squeeling and moving around too much.
He is so smart you cant even open a mint in the office without him looking in to see if its for him or not , lol , he is so funny he rests his head on his hay rack as he is looking in, so pitiful the look he gives. He is still not favoring his hurt leg and is standing on all fours , his temp has been normal and his feet are not carrying a pulse or heat.
We have had to put a small mud bucket by his his stall to keep the hotwalkers from walking by too close , its still his herd and he likes to pin his ears at the other horses when they walk by just so they know he is still the boss.
To answer the question about someone being with him all the time ( it was asked on another forum) , we are all there from 5am until past 11am , then the daywatch person ( who we have always anyway) is there until everyone comes back in the afternoon. When we finish up at 4 pm Jim-bo our night watchman is there until about 4 30 in the morning or until the first person comes in .
Richard doesnt like us to spoil the horses in the front of the stall because it makes them beg ( we do it anyway when he is not looking ,lol) but I catch him more than once a morning scratching behind Tinnys ears and petting him and Tinny returns the favor my hugging him with his head and licking Richards neck.
We are still overwhelmed by the outpouring of love , gifts and cards for Tinny , its such a comforting feeling knowing so many care this horse.
I will give updates about every week or so , thanks again for all your prayers and well wishes , it really means alot to all of us.

Horses are like strawberries....they can go bad overnight. Charlie Whittingham
Old 11-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Hollywood Park

This is great to hear Honu - thanks for the update. And keep on spoiling him, he deserves it!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Woodbine

best news I've got all week! Honu, thanks for the updates...
Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Keeneland

Great update, Honu, thanks so much, and good news that things are going well - what a lucky horse Tin Man is, to have people that obviously care so much about him.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 11-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Suffolk Downs

Thanks so much for the updates. Be a good boy Tin Man. Yes, he definately deserves to be spoiled....
Old 11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Randwyck

What a great update you give so much info Thanks. glad to hear Tinny is feeling better.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Arlington Park

Still being a model patient I hope?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Randwyck

Hey everyone,
Sorry its been a little longer than usual, my computer crashed so Ive been dealing with that .
Tinny is doing good , the swelling in his hurt leg is looking alot better and he now gets to have the bandages off for about 15 to 20 mins a day to let his leg air out . We are still icing him 3 times a day and he is getting trentol for his feet twice a day and they seem to be holding sway , some mornings there is just a bit of heat but nothing to be alarmed about at this point.
Someone sent him a card the other day with a check enclosed for 20$ for carrots and mints which is just the cutest damn thing I have ever seen. We are all still amazed and feeling blessed for the outpouring of love for him.
Yesterday I pulled his halter back and was scratching behind his ears and his eyes went to half mast , he was so calm and relaxed , I kissed him bellow his eye about three times , as I couldnt help myself he was just so calm . I really think above anything he enjoys the scratches the most , we dont give him many treats because we dont want him to get too excited , and as always Richard touches and pets him more than once a morning , the old horse just seems to know how sorry he is that this all happend because he always hugs him with his head . Thanks again folks for everything , we so much appriciate your cards and well wishes , if you want to send him anything just send it to the Santa Anita stable office c/o Richard Mandella and they will bring it to the barn .
Thanks again and Im sorry I was late with the update .

Horses are like strawberries....they can go bad overnight. Charlie Whittingham
Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Randwyck

Thanks for the Update Honu. I am glad he is doing good. Sounds like you all are giving him the love he needs
Old 11-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Hialeah Park

Honu,
Thanks for the updates.
Tinny is also in my thoughts prayers. Fight!!! Tin Guy!

Like you said, if one of these puts their head in the crook of your arm...
I know that feeling. Shucks, one of the fillies would have climbed into my lap like a little kitten if she'd of fit.

Give Tinny a mint and a scratch behind the ears for me.
DTS
Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 AM
The Curragh

Thanks for the report, Honu.

Dunbar
Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Suffolk Downs

Good to see he is still the model patient.....Thanks...