Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Equine Health, Retirement & Aftercare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I think everyone here just got the answer.
Yes. I'll happily let my posted opinions "give the answer" as to my knowledge of the subject at hand.

Lets sum this sad thread up:

Someone asked about Uncle Mo's cholangiohepatitis.

Many opinions were given. Most think that everyone involved is lying, the horse is through and will never race again, etc. (and, of course, the undercurrent unstated assessments of the trainer and what he does with horses in his barn, that everyone - even the local vets in Lexington - are aware of)

My opinion disagreed with the majority and the regulars. A group attack ensued, with Mawhip and blackthroatedwind ending by trying to go after my professional bonafides publicly in order to discredit me and my opinion.

Yeah, that pretty well sums it up.

And most importantly, Uncle Mo dares to get back to training.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by NTamm1215 : 06-07-2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Do not use full names
Old 06-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
I think everyone here just got the answer.
Really? What answer is that? That Riot is intelligent enough not to play into such an obvious ploy?
Old 06-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Yes. I'll happily let my posted opinions "give the answer" as to my knowledge of the subject at hand.
We all know you have a wonderful grasp of the subject matter. We would just like to know where you sharpen your craft. Someone with your enormous skill set and knowledge must have a very impressive resume.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawhip View Post
We all know you have a wonderful grasp of the subject matter. We would just like to know where you sharpen your craft. Someone with your enormous skill set and knowledge must have a very impressive resume.
My skill set and knowledge are average to veterinarians. It is not the same as the skill set of other posters here.

And boy, they sure don't like that

Tell us again how you know Dr. Byars is risking his professional reputation and lying about Uncle Mo not being on antibiotics now? Was he also lying in the last interview where he said the horse was on antibiotics? Or is he just lying now? Why do you think he is lying about the horse?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
My skill set and knowledge are average to veterinarians. It is not the same as the skill set of other posters here.

And boy, they sure don't like that

Tell us again how you know Dr. Byars is risking his professional reputation and lying about Uncle Mo not being on antibiotics now? Was he also lying in the last interview where he said the horse was on antibiotics?
Read the article. He said the horse was on no medications whatsoever. Maybe Mo is not on antibiotics but that is not what they claimed.

And why would he lie? Why does anyone lie? Why did Anthony Wiener lie about his wiener. I don't know.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Read the article. He said the horse was on no medications whatsoever. Maybe Mo is not on antibiotics but that is not what they claimed.

And why would he lie? Why does anyone lie? Why did Anthony Wiener lie about his wiener. I don't know.
He said the horse was on antibiotics in the last public interview some time ago. Now he says the horse isn't on antibiotics anymore. You said he was lying about that. As a doctor of veterinary medicine, that makes perfect sense to me, regarding a horse recovering from cholangiohepatitis. You say Dr. Byars is lying about it.

I don't care to see people slam the professional reputation of Dr. Doug Byars on a public internet list. So what are your bonafides to say so, and call this well-respected DVM a liar?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
My opinion disagreed with the majority and the regulars. A group attack ensued, with Mawhip and blackthroatedwind ending by trying to go after my professional bonafides publicly in order to discredit me and my opinion.

Yeah, that pretty well sums it up.
A group attack? No, you offered opinions, and as happens on message boards, some disagreed. This is not a " group attack. " In fact, the attacking was done by you, accusing people of a plethora of things, and using full names ( I can use yours as well but don't believe it's appropriate ). You are the aggressive one here.

You claimed to make these kinds of diagnoses every day. Nobody said you did this other than you. Why is it then wrong to ask where you are employed? You are the one that said it was your job. You say people are trying to discredit you...but actually the opposite is true. You seem happy to throw around my professional credentials here....why do the same rules not apply to you.

It's a discussion. That means people will disagree. If you don't like that, then why did you throw yourself into the middle of it?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
A group attack? No, you offered opinions, and as happens on message boards, some disagreed.
LOL - what nonsense. You are not talking about cholangiohepatitis. You are instead demanding my credentials and attempting to discredit me.

My publicly stated opinion is right there. You don't like it, give your own, and say why mine is wrong.

Your disingenuous attempt to "blame me" for defending my opinion from other posters is absurd and laughable. You are amusing

And I am done. Genuine Risk, I hope you are happy Uncle Mo is returning to training. Let's hope he continues back without problem.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
He said the horse was on antibiotics in the last public interview some time ago. Now he says the horse isn't on antibiotics anymore. You said he was lying about that. As a doctor of veterinary medicine, that makes perfect sense to me, regarding a horse recovering from cholangiohepatitis. You say Dr. Byars is lying about it.

I don't care to see people slam the professional reputation of Dr. Doug Byars on a public internet list. So what are your bonafides to say so, and call this well-respected DVM a liar?

From today's release on the Bloodhorse website

Elliot Walden:
"He just started getting dapples this week. He's starting to feel good. When he first got here, he wouldn't run much at all. His appetite has been great. He's on no medications at all and has gained 10% of his body weight back."

Dr. Doug Byars:
"He's being treated with nothing and is responding very well."

Where was the word antibiotics used by either gentleman.

Also, your refusal to address Andy's question properly is both comical and sad at the same time.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Keeneland

"Be impeccable with your word. Speak with integrity."
Old 06-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Coach Pants

Be censurable with your word. Speak with pomposity.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
From today's release on the Bloodhorse website
Try reading previous articles on Uncle Mo, where Dr. Byars said he was on antibiotics.

Quote:
Also, your refusal to address Andy's question properly is both comical and sad at the same time.
Also, not as comical and sad as you publicly calling Dr. Byars a liar, because your vast medical knowledge of cholangiohepatitis is from an invoice, where you mistakenly think Trental was an antibiotic.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Try reading previous articles on Uncle Mo, where Dr. Byars said he was on antibiotics.

Also, not as comical and sad as you publicly calling Dr. Byars a liar, because your vast medical knowledge of cholangiohepatitis is from an invoice, where you mistakenly think Trental was an antibiotic.
Glad to have you back. Maybe you will finally answer Andy's question. I really wouldn't care where or if you work but you come across as an arrogant know-it-all and I think it would be relevant to know what your credentials are if we are all going to listen to your disertation on cholangiohepatitis and how it may or may not affect the racing career of Uncle Mo.

I have already admitted that all I know about the subject is what I learned when one of my horses had the condition. I suspect it may be a heck of alot more than you may know since I sincerely doubt you have any experience with animals larger than a hamster.

And yes, if Byars really meant the horse is not on ANY medication, then he is lying.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Glad to have you back. Maybe you will finally answer Andy's question. I really wouldn't care where or if you work but you come accross as an arrogant know-it-all
That's funny. I thought arrogant know-it-all is precisely descriptive of you, too. Did you bother to read the previous articles on Uncle Mo, where it was said he was on antibiotics? Or are you sticking with arrogant ignorance?
Old 06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
That's funny. I thought arrogant know-it-all is precisely descriptive of you for calling Dr. Byars a liar on this internet list, and could certainly apply to some of the people on here sharing your opinion, and saying the horse is finished and will never race again.

Guess it depends upon one's view.
You are really hung up on me calling Dr. Byars a liar. Just for the record, I'm also claiming Elliot Walden has not told the truth either. I know it sounds crazy but people in this business do tell fibs from time to time, shocking as it may seem. Just ask Barry Irwin.

Still waiting for an answer to Andy's question.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You are really hung up on me calling Dr. Byars a liar. Just for the record, I'm also claiming Elliot Walden has not told the truth either.
Arrogant ignorance it is, then

Yes, I take offense at cowardly people using the anomonity of the internet to call real, well-respected, accomplished people in my profession liars.

Quote:
I know it sounds crazy but people in this business do tell fibs from time to time, shocking as it may seem. Just ask Barry Irwin.
You're not up on the latest. It's that the pictures and video on BloodHorse are not of Uncle Mo, it's of a fake horse pretending to be Uncle Mo!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Arrogant ignorance it is, then

Yes, I take offense at cowardly people using the anomonity of the internet to call real, well-respected, accomplished people in my profession liars.

You're not up on the latest. It's that the pictures and video on BloodHorse are not of Uncle Mo, it's of a fake horse pretending to be Uncle Mo!

I'm not sure I understand what the **** you are talking about. Is this the same defense used by Congressman Wiener. You seriously need help.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Coach Pants

Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Idlewild Airport

Riot, I hate to tell you but most of the people on here are anything but anonymous.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Riot, I hate to tell you but most of the people on here are anything but anonymous.
Gee, you think?