Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Cannon Shell's Avatar
Cannon Shell Cannon Shell is offline
Sha Tin
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 20,855
Default Why the Reds wont win soon

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...80439/1062/SPT

brilliant moves
Speed and defense team? They play in a bandbox and they want to manufacture runs? Great idea. While the other guys are hitting 3 run HR's you can scratch out a few.

Tavares as a leadoff hitter? He had a .308 OBP last year. At least they didnt pay him Juan Pierre money.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-02-2009, 03:56 AM
docicu3 docicu3 is offline
The Curragh
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...80439/1062/SPT

brilliant moves
Speed and defense team? They play in a bandbox and they want to manufacture runs? Great idea. While the other guys are hitting 3 run HR's you can scratch out a few.

Tavares as a leadoff hitter? He had a .308 OBP last year. At least they didnt pay him Juan Pierre money.
I feel your pain buddy. Maybe they'll sign Manadoo and he'll get to 600 next year!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-02-2009, 10:00 AM
otisotisotis's Avatar
otisotisotis otisotisotis is offline
Aqueduct
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pangea
Posts: 631
Default

agreed. All they have been saying is they want to get a RH power hitter....I don't this this qualifies.
__________________
"Yeah I'll just bump your post every year as a reminder. The racists won't win a title under Calamari. Tubby got you to the Elite 8 multiple times with FAR less talent.

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 AM
SCUDSBROTHER's Avatar
SCUDSBROTHER SCUDSBROTHER is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A.
Posts: 11,326
Default

What do you expect from a city that puts up with Delta(evidently still has a monopoly there) charging $227(taxes n' fees included ) to fly from Cincy to Cleveland? (one way.) That's like 3 weeks ahead of time(casually searching a cheap fare site.)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 PM
otisotisotis's Avatar
otisotisotis otisotisotis is offline
Aqueduct
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pangea
Posts: 631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
What do you expect from a city that puts up with Delta(evidently still has a monopoly there) charging $227(taxes n' fees included ) to fly from Cincy to Cleveland? (one way.) That's like 3 weeks ahead of time(casually searching a cheap fare site.)
Scuds, nobody from Cincy/NKY flies out of Cincy/NKY unless you have to. We usually drive to Louisville, Columbus, Indy..
__________________
"Yeah I'll just bump your post every year as a reminder. The racists won't win a title under Calamari. Tubby got you to the Elite 8 multiple times with FAR less talent.

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-02-2009, 01:54 PM
SCUDSBROTHER's Avatar
SCUDSBROTHER SCUDSBROTHER is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A.
Posts: 11,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisotisotis
Scuds, nobody from Cincy/NKY flies out of Cincy/NKY unless you have to. We usually drive to Louisville, Columbus, Indy..
Sounds convenient. Why bother having an airport? That's what I don't understand(how can a whole city put up with that....f'n amazing.)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.