Roger and his human growth hormones?
LOL!
OK, here it is...
HTH League:
Yahoo Free Leagues
pswd: secretariat
ROTO:
pswd: kincsem

I set it for 14 teams each so signup asap! (can increase up to 20 teams if necessary)
Just signed up, thanks for starting the league!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem10011
Just signed up, thanks for starting the league!
OK guys...9 in HTH but only 2 in ROTO, we need more players...come on, I promise to play with one hand behind my back (or while watching Marilyn Chambers vids)!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:40 PM

Glad to hear Papa is back, looks like he's playing HTH...finally, someone worth beating, ya just can't pull the wool over his eyes...unless of course he's muffdiving...!
We have 12 teams in HTH, set for 14 so if you want to play sign up now! Only 3 in ROTO, may open to general public if necessary!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
Glad to hear Papa is back, looks like he's playing HTH...finally, someone worth beating, ya just can't pull the wool over his eyes...unless of course he's muffdiving...!
We have 12 teams in HTH, set for 14 so if you want to play sign up now! Only 3 in ROTO, may open to general public if necessary!

Still one opening in HTH, only 3 teams in ROTO....I will open both to public tomorrow night so join now if you want a spot!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Still one opening in HTH, only 3 teams in ROTO....I will open both to public tomorrow night so join now if you want a spot!

Took last spot in the Yahoo League
Old 03-03-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucon17
Took last spot in the Yahoo League

OK, HTH is filled with board members, ROTO still with only 3 so I'll open to public tonight, it will fill by draft time.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
OK, HTH is filled with board members, ROTO still with only 3 so I'll open to public tonight, it will fill by draft time.

hey somer, 7:00 live draft central time ,right? never played with yahoo fantasy baseball before. are we on the clock for picking ? if so how much time to pick each round? do they have a list that cancels out each player as they are taken or do we have to keep track ourselves? i am looking forward to kicking everyones ass this year
Old 03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I'm in

CHUCK I'M GOING TO OWN YOUR ASS BEFORE THIS SEASONS DONE. COUNT ON IT!!!!!!!!

just like pedro YOUR GOING TO BE CALLING ME DADDY!!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
hey somer, 7:00 live draft central time ,right? never played with yahoo fantasy baseball before. are we on the clock for picking ? if so how much time to pick each round? do they have a list that cancels out each player as they are taken or do we have to keep track ourselves? i am looking forward to kicking everyones ass this year
When you go to the draft page, all players are listed in order of Yahoo rankings (which for baseball are damn good). You can also bring up your pre-rankings (if you make them) or an alphabetical list. Also, you can bring up rankings by position. Once a player is selected, his name is lightened and the team selecting him is listed. Across the top are a series of flags...each flag denotes a team, as selections are made, the flag of the person "on the clock" is highlighted. You have 90 seconds per pick (hopefully most folks will be at the draft and select faster). You can click on any flag and see a list of that teams selections. As your selections are made, your lineup is filled in position by position. There is also a queue section where you can place players you want to draft. All in all, a very easy page to navigate with good info available!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:20 PM

I changed the trade approval today from "league votes" to "commissioner" in the ROTO league (HTH remains "league votes"). I did this because since I opened the league to the public, it is possible some kid will join and make two (or more) teams then proceed to "trade" all good players to one team (this can quickly ruin a league and often goes undetected especially early before the season starts as many players don't check the site regularly this early). I will veto any unfair trades...instantly approve fair ones...and allow the league to weigh in on any I feel are "on the fence". Also, as Commish, I will NOT propose any trades to other teams (I will consider trade offers made to me), any trade involving me I will leave up for 3 days and if 5 teams disagree (as is default Yahoo standard), I will veto same. This is more work for me (hense the "league votes" on the HTH League composed entirely of board members) but necessary to avoid someone ruining the ROTO league.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
When you go to the draft page, all players are listed in order of Yahoo rankings (which for baseball are damn good). You can also bring up your pre-rankings (if you make them) or an alphabetical list. Also, you can bring up rankings by position. Once a player is selected, his name is lightened and the team selecting him is listed. Across the top are a series of flags...each flag denotes a team, as selections are made, the flag of the person "on the clock" is highlighted. You have 90 seconds per pick (hopefully most folks will be at the draft and select faster). You can click on any flag and see a list of that teams selections. As your selections are made, your lineup is filled in position by position. There is also a queue section where you can place players you want to draft. All in all, a very easy page to navigate with good info available!
ok sounds good, hope it runs smooth for me its been awhile since ive played and when i did we had conference call so we picked over the phone. after they are lightend and picked do they drop off the list then? and what happens if for some unknown reason-like a power outage LOL- you don't get a pick in in 90 sec? does it pick for you, or do you have some control to stop it if need be?
Old 03-05-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
ok sounds good, hope it runs smooth for me its been awhile since ive played and when i did we had conference call so we picked over the phone. after they are lightend and picked do they drop off the list then? and what happens if for some unknown reason-like a power outage LOL- you don't get a pick in in 90 sec? does it pick for you, or do you have some control to stop it if need be?
No, they remain only lightened. If you get kicked off for any reason, Yahoo will select for you...so it's good to list your picks in your queue as it will select from there first, then from your pre-rankings (if done) finally from Yahoo rankings.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I changed the trade approval today from "league votes" to "commissioner" in the ROTO league (HTH remains "league votes"). I did this because since I opened the league to the public, it is possible some kid will join and make two (or more) teams then proceed to "trade" all good players to one team (this can quickly ruin a league and often goes undetected especially early before the season starts as many players don't check the site regularly this early). I will veto any unfair trades...instantly approve fair ones...and allow the league to weigh in on any I feel are "on the fence". Also, as Commish, I will NOT propose any trades to other teams (I will consider trade offers made to me), any trade involving me I will leave up for 3 days and if 5 teams disagree (as is default Yahoo standard), I will veto same. This is more work for me (hense the "league votes" on the HTH League composed entirely of board members) but necessary to avoid someone ruining the ROTO league.
Somer, first thing is thank you for taking the time to run these leagues. I personally think that it is a bit foolish that you won't initiate any trades to make your team better. This is a free league for braggin rights only. Too think that you will take advantage of your commish powers is ridiculous.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
CHUCK I'M GOING TO OWN YOUR ASS BEFORE THIS SEASONS DONE. COUNT ON IT!!!!!!!!

just like pedro YOUR GOING TO BE CALLING ME DADDY!!!!
Brushback already
Old 03-05-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Somer, first thing is thank you for taking the time to run these leagues. I personally think that it is a bit foolish that you won't initiate any trades to make your team better. This is a free league for braggin rights only. Too think that you will take advantage of your commish powers is ridiculous.
True...but I've been accused of same in the past. I simply don't want anyone to think I would. I try and draft well and use the free agent market to improve my team, to me...if a trade is fair to both parties then the chance of really improving either team is slight...true, you can fill a need at a particular position but I find it more fun to pick up someone in the FA market who may have been overlooked...
Old 03-05-2008, 08:42 PM

Wow...one hour and forty minute ROTO draft for 14 teams x 25 positions, excellent job! Hope tomorrow's draft goes as well! Good luck to all playing!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Flemington

Maybe we should start a ridiculous trade offer thread. This person (I think kid by the way he types) is offered me Andre Ethier, Pudge, Jauqes Jones and Reggie Willits for Matt Holiday, Michael Young and Josh Fields. Now I know why you wanted to keep this league closed to the public Somer.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Maybe we should start a ridiculous trade offer thread. This person (I think kid by the way he types) is offered me Andre Ethier, Pudge, Jauqes Jones and Reggie Willits for Matt Holiday, Michael Young and Josh Fields. Now I know why you wanted to keep this league closed to the public Somer.
A very similar trade was offered to me for Eric Byrnes and Manny Corpas. I'd give up the naming rights to my first born before I give up Byrnes. Not really, but it sounded good. I had to reject him and tell him Byrnes was off limits.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-06-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
A very similar trade was offered to me for Eric Byrnes and Manny Corpas. I'd give up the naming rights to my first born before I give up Byrnes. Not really, but it sounded good. I had to reject him and tell him Byrnes was off limits.
To me the offer was Lugo, Ethier, Pudge and J Jones for Fielder, Figgins, Jeter and Matsui but to be fair, he included a note saying he knew the trade was a ripoff he just wanted to know if I'd trade any of those mentioned.This is a perfect example of what can happen if someone isn't there to veto such crap.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Flemington

Quote:
To me the offer was Lugo, Ethier, Pudge and J Jones for Fielder, Figgins, Jeter and Matsui but to be fair, he included a note saying he knew the trade was a ripoff he just wanted to know if I'd trade any of those mentioned.This is a perfect example of what can happen if someone isn't there to veto such crap.
I am pretty sure that there was no note on the FIRST offer, but then again I was laughing pretty hard and might not have seen it.