Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Longchamps

Default Happy St Patrick's Day

Slainte all
Old 03-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Havre de Grace

Default top

top of the mornin' to you. Happy St. Patricks Day to all. don't forget to wear green to day.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Happy st. patricks day. i guess today everyone is irish! im actually half, my mother is full irish.
just left la porte tx. when to see the battleship texas~BB 35, and the san jacinto memorial...killing time til heading to delta downs.
have a great day everyone.

"if you're lucky enough to be irish, then you're lucky enough"
Old 03-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Saratoga

Happy St. Patricks Day, guys.

Please... if you're going to be out drinking tonight don't kill yourselves or the rest of us by driving. Have a ride home.

For any recovering alcoholics who I've probably pissed off (on another thread)... we are proud of you. Well I am anyway and am sure others here are as well. Remember, it's just another day.

Be happy and safe cause this place wouldn't be the same without all of you.

Even Freddy.

(Kidding).
Old 03-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

As the descendant of a man born in England to Irish parents, I am particularly fond of "Danny Boy," with its lyrics written by an Englishman and set to a traditional Irish tune. My two favorite versions:

Harry Belafonte

The Muppets
Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Del Mar

Happy St. Patrick's Day lads and lasses!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Del Mar

Default A few Irish jokes..

Joe says to Paddy: "Close your curtains the next time you're shagging your wife. The whole street was watching and laughing at you yesterday." Paddy says: "Well the joke's on them stupid bastards because I wasn't even at home yesterday."

Paddy says to Mick - I'm ready for a holiday, only this year I'm going to do it a bit different. 3 years ago I went to Spain and Mary got pregnant. 2 years ago I went to Italy and Mary got pregnant. Last year I went to Majorca and Mary got pregnant. Mick asks - So what are you going to do this year? Paddy replies, "I'll take her with me!"

Paddy says to Mick, "Christmas is on a Friday this year." Mick says "Let's hope it's not the 13th."
Paddy & Mick find three grenades, so they take them to a police station. Mick: "What if one explodes before we get there?" Paddy: "We'll lie and say we only found two."

Paddy's in the bathroom and Murphy shouts to him. "Did you find the shampoo?" Paddy says, "Yes but it's for dry hair and I've just wet mine."

Paddy goes to the vet with his goldfish. "I think it's got epilepsy" he tells the vet.
Vet takes a look and says, "It seems calm enough to me." Paddy says, "I haven't taken it out of the bowl yet."

Paddy spies a letter lying on his doormat. It says on the envelope "DO NOT BEND." Paddy spends the next 2 hours trying to figure out how to pick the bloody thing up.

Paddy shouts frantically into the phone "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" asks the Doctor. "No," shouts Paddy, "this is her husband!"

Paddy was driving home, drunk as a skunk, suddenly he has to swerve to avoid a tree, then another, then another. A cop car pulls him over as he veers about all over the road. Paddy tells the cop about all the trees in the road. Cop says. "For gods sake Paddy, that's your air freshener swinging about!"

An old Irish farmer's dog goes missing and he's inconsolable. His wife says "Why don't you put an advert in the paper?" He does, but two weeks later the dog is still missing. "What did you put in the paper?" his wife asks. "Here boy" he replies.

Paddy's in jail. Guard looks in his cell and sees him hanging by his feet. "What the hell you doing?" he asks. "Hanging myself," Paddy replies.
"It should be around your neck" says the Guard. "I know" says Paddy, "but I couldn't breathe".

An answer I can understand. An American tourist asks an Irishman: "Why do SCUBA divers always fall backwards off their boats?"
To which the Irishman replies, "If they fell forwards, they'd still be in the bloody boat."

'It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument'..William Gibbs McAdoo, American
government official (1863-1941

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)