Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2011, 05:41 AM
Steve Byk

Default Dee Tee 2yo's progressing well; City Zip leading the way

Received a progress report Friday from Woody Payne on the progress of the 4 Dee Tee NY-bred 2yo's at Ingleside Training Center in Virginia, and all is going well0.

The City Zip colt ("My Pal of Pals'), bred by Paul Giacopelli and owned by the Stable in partnership with him, has progressed rapidly in the past 60 days to lead the group. Woody described him as being forwardly mature and literally ready to run 'next week'. The unnamed Thunder Gulch, the biggest of the set and something of a gentle giant, has been doing everything naturally and is maturing on a steady basis according to Payne. These two appear to the juveniles that will be most ready to go early in the summer.

The Johannesberg, who tentatively is to be named "Panic Room", has surprisingly been the slowest to mature, and will be ready later in the summer or in the fall. The most intriguing report came regarding the Rockport Harbor, who was described as a 'diamond in the rough'. A very late May foal, the grey started out small physically, but appears to be filling out very steadily. More importantly, Woody described him as bright, eager and agile, and thinks if we're patient with him, we'll have a nice horse. Payne has a 3yo Rockport Harbor in training currently at Laurel that has been posting sharp works, and he believes our David Cassidy-bred colt is a similar horse.

None have had any setbacks other than the predictable runny nose upon the change in weather. Woody invites anyone to visit the beautiful and historic2,400 acre facility which is part of James Madison's Montpelier, a legendary tobacco plantation which was later owned by the DuPont family until made into a National Trust for Historic Preservation landmark.

Anyone interested in visiting the Training Center (Montpelier Station or Orange, VA on maps) should let me know. And of course those interested in joining the group on the colts, should write me at tpkasept@yahoo.com. We have sold about 40% of the available shares so far! New pictures of the 4 are coming soon as well...
Old 01-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
None have had any setbacks other than the predictable runny nose upon the change in weather. Woody invites anyone to visit the beautiful and historic2,400 acre facility which is part of James Madison's Montpelier, a legendary tobacco plantation which was later owned by the DuPont family until made into a National Trust for Historic Preservation landmark.

Anyone interested in visiting the Training Center (Montpelier Station or Orange, VA on maps) should let me know. And of course those interested in joining the group on the colts, should write me at tpkasept@yahoo.com. We have sold about 40% of the available shares so far! New pictures of the 4 are coming soon as well...
This area is beyond beautiful.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Sunshine Park

Thumbs up

Glad to hear they're all progressing well and that you'll have more photos soon.

I had a good feeling about that "Rocky" colt.