Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Steve Byk

Default 3/10 (OP): Razorback H., Honeybee S. (G3's)

7th (4:03) Honeybee S. (G3)

1 1/16 Miles | Fillies | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $125,000

1 Inca Miss Wade L 117 L
2 Amie's Dini Court J K 122 L
3 Forgotten People Vazquez R A 117 L
4 Colonial Empress Thompson T J 115 Blk-On L
5 Rocket Twentyone Compton P 119 L
6 Our Domain Ocampo I 119 Blk-On L
7 Silver Hustler Nakatani C S 115 Blk-On L
8 On Fire Baby Johnson J M 119 FTL

9th (5:02) Razorback H. (G3)

1 1/16 Miles | Open | 4 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $125,000

1 It Happened Again Wade L 115 L
2 Alternation Quinonez L S 120 L
3 Color Me Blue Ocampo I 116 L
4 Win Willy Berry M C 120 L
5 Shraded Edge Thompson T J 114 L
6 Tapizar Nakatani C S 118 L
Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Oriental Park

Beautiful move by Asmussen with Tapizar. This horse is like a flat bicycle tire that you just keep re-inflating every other day rather than owning up and replacing it.

Should he crush here, he should get it done in the Oaklawn, as well. Then, we can all savor the juicy bet-against in either the Met Mile or the Stephen Foster.

If he can't pull off the double, then he'll probably just be an also-ran in the Alysheba on Derby Day.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Beautiful move by Asmussen with Tapizar. This horse is like a flat bicycle tire that you just keep re-inflating every other day rather than owning up and replacing it.

Should he crush here, he should get it done in the Oaklawn, as well. Then, we can all savor the juicy bet-against in either the Met Mile or the Stephen Foster.

If he can't pull off the double, then he'll probably just be an also-ran in the Alysheba on Derby Day.
Being unable to rate doesn't help that horse. Plus, he feels like he falls apart after like one or two starts.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Being unable to rate doesn't help that horse. Plus, he feels like he falls apart after like one or two starts.
I agree on both counts. My thinking is that Oaklawn historically favors speed and I'm also presuming that both the Razorback and Oaklawn Handicap will be light of talent (I don't think much of Alternation). So Tapizar potentially could uncork some blowout wins in Arkansas and have a freshly bloated reputation in more important stakes down the road.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
I agree on both counts. My thinking is that Oaklawn historically favors speed and I'm also presuming that both the Razorback and Oaklawn Handicap will be light of talent (I don't think much of Alternation). So Tapizar potentially could uncork some blowout wins in Arkansas and have a freshly bloated reputation in more important stakes down the road.
He should be well clear early in this race.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I have this sneaky suspicion that Alternation could end up in the conversations for championship honors at the end of the year. I wasn't a fan last year but his comeback this year made me take notice. Win Willy often runs well at Oaklawn and of course, Tapizar could rebound so I'm looking forward to this race.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 03-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I have this sneaky suspicion that Alternation could end up in the conversations for championship honors at the end of the year. I wasn't a fan last year but his comeback this year made me take notice. Win Willy often runs well at Oaklawn and of course, Tapizar could rebound so I'm looking forward to this race.
What was it about his comeback that captured you? The fact that he rated comfortably off a very hot pace and won?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
My suspicion isn't sneaky.....in fact it's not even a suspicion. I know this is just another dreadful opinion.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
My suspicion isn't sneaky.....in fact it's not even a suspicion. I know this is just another dreadful opinion.
Which part is dreadful?
Old 03-09-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Which part is dreadful?
Are you new? All of it. I respect him though. We'll see how it goes.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Are you new? All of it. I respect him though. We'll see how it goes.
I don't think he meant all of it. For instance, how could he dispute whether or not you are really looking forward to that race?
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Jerome Park

Sorry, I should have edited the post. The idea that Alternation is going to win an Eclipse award. That's just silly.

I like Alternation. He's a decent horse.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I should have edited the post. The idea that Alternation is going to win an Eclipse award. That's just silly.

I like Alternation. He's a decent horse.
I didn't say he's going to win it. I don't think I did. I said that I thought he had a chance to make his name part of the conversation.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Jerome Park

No he doesn't.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
No he doesn't.
As always, your opinion is duly noted and respected.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:19 PM

It's a long year.