Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-06-2015, 11:44 PM
Flemington

I feel bad for the people who were affected by the announcement today. I really enjoyed their programming.

Oddly, there is no mention of any changes on HRTV's website. It looks the same that it has for years.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Havre de Grace

ode to the breakup, by frank s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1fVQGESUTo

Blaise Pascal
Old 03-07-2015, 07:59 AM
Oriental Park

Not sure what this means yet but I will miss the variety of horse sports HRTV offers assuming it changes but the one thing I will not stand for is more Todd Schrupp . . . he makes me ill. Too bad since all change is not positive . . . but lets wait and see.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Dancer View Post
I love Westrock Coffee..........the Tanzania Peaberry is awesome......
You must not drink coffee that much . . . Westrock as coffee sucks.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Sunshine Park

Hoover by far the most talented and useful guy on HRTV. What a joke.

I look at the programming today on HRTV and the website says no AQU, GP, or SA. Frontier does not carry TVG. Uverse got rid of that channel a while ago. Looks like I am paying extra dough for the "B" tracks. Not for long.

Real happy with that. Will never open a wagering acct with TVG no matter what. Hope the Internet and Twinspires are running smooth today.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJake View Post
Hoover by far the most talented and useful guy on HRTV. What a joke.

I look at the programming today on HRTV and the website says no AQU, GP, or SA. Frontier does not carry TVG. Uverse got rid of that channel a while ago. Looks like I am paying extra dough for the "B" tracks. Not for long.

Real happy with that. Will never open a wagering acct with TVG no matter what. Hope the Internet and Twinspires are running smooth today.
Your blaming TVG because HRTV was not making enough money and decided to put themselves on the market?
Old 03-07-2015, 11:49 AM
helicopter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
Your blaming TVG because HRTV was not making enough money and decided to put themselves on the market?
I dont think he was blaming TVG for HRTV downfall. TVG fails to recognize on-air handicappers that they could have easily incorporated into their lineup.

Replacing someone like Matt Carothers and Joaquin Jaime for Kurt Hoover was well within reach. I think most people would welcome that.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Sunshine Park

Not sure how you could come to that conclusion based on my post. I blame TVG for trying to strong arm their way onto cable networks. I blame TVG for changing the schedule of tracks where they put the main tracks on either TVG or HRTV but not on both. Somehow this will lead to more people on their ADW. I blame TVG for removing knowledgeable on air analysts and settling for morons.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJake View Post
Not sure how you could come to that conclusion based on my post. I blame TVG for trying to strong arm their way onto cable networks. I blame TVG for changing the schedule of tracks where they put the main tracks on either TVG or HRTV but not on both. Somehow this will lead to more people on their ADW. I blame TVG for removing knowledgeable on air analysts and settling for morons.
Personal insults rarely make your point more valid. While I respect the people at HRTV they are not the be all end all and certainly the people at TVG are not morons.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Aqueduct

Christina Blacker and Scott Hazelton showed up on TVG this afternoon. I also noticed they moved Gino and Joaquin over to HRTV today too. A couple of nice additions.

If anyone is interested, HRTV has a 2 month free access to their website that ends tomorrow the 8th. You will need to use promo code TRYFREE2.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Steve Byk

From SA today.. Hazleton, Blacker and Ball are now with TVG.. And there may be more hires yet with some negotiations going on.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2061mn View Post
Christina Blacker and Scott Hazelton showed up on TVG this afternoon. I also noticed they moved Gino and Joaquin over to HRTV today too. A couple of nice additions.

If anyone is interested, HRTV has a 2 month free access to their website that ends tomorrow the 8th. You will need to use promo code TRYFREE2.
thanks for that,

Blaise Pascal
Old 03-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Pimlico

Default HRTV

What a surprise & total letdown when the Gino and some other bozo showed up on the HRTV broadcast this afternoon. No morning Horizon show this morning with Zoe & Brad Free, no Day Makers from Jeff or Aaron. Guess I have to watch both channels on MUTE now!!! What a shame.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:45 AM
Suffolk Downs

TVG has apparently killed the Horizon show. Great move dumping a show dedicated to three-year-olds just when the Triple Crown season starts heating up!

I talked briefly with Zoe Cadman today.....she's out of a job!

Kurt Hoover is apparently out as well. I don't know Kurt at all, but I really suspect that he walked on his own. I don't think he wants to work for TVG.

It looks like "Race Day America" with Millie Ball and Peter Lurie is gone. It's hard to imagine either one of them being axed, but TVG knows best. Millie Ball has worked horses for trainers that have written history, starting with Charlie Whittingham. If TVG dumps her, with her experience, they're more clueless than I ever thought they were.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGuido View Post
Not sure what this means yet but I will miss the variety of horse sports HRTV offers assuming it changes but the one thing I will not stand for is more Todd Schrupp . . . he makes me ill. Too bad since all change is not positive . . . but lets wait and see.
We agree on Schrupp but apparently not on coffee............
Old 03-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Arlington Park

Peter Laurie was on TVG yesterday after the Big Cap. Rumor is the clone hasn't washed his hand since.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:06 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach Luv View Post
Why can't Tampa, Fairgrounds, and Oaklawn all be shown live on the HRTV channel and let TVG air the three tracks you mentioned. TVG can show stakes races like they did yesterday for the Southwest.

I'm happy but I pay for both channels. Made no sense to have them both showing the same tracks after the merger.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:11 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
From SA today.. Hazleton, Blacker and Ball are now with TVG.. And there may be more hires yet with some negotiations going on.
i bet siegle and varracuze sp are holding out..no day makers at tvg
Old 03-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Pimlico

Default HRTV

It's Sunday & not only no Horizon, there's no Player with Aaron & Jeff. This is really going to be a tough decision for me in the next few months. Do they really think Crothers is better then Siegal??? Or Paul DeLuca knows more about Santa Anita then Kurt Hoover???
Old 03-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Les Bois

What has happened to Pursuit of the Crown? The loss of the old programming at HRTV is terrible. I really looked forward to them, learned so much and enjoyed the game so much more. It is really important the TVG keep the programming that really gave insight to the races th t really give excitement to those of us who love the sport but can't get daily to the track.