Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Gulfstream Park

Default Belmont Sunday Sept. 21

EDIT: Didn't think it would rain as much as it did. Handicapped for much drier but tried to adjust as best as I could given time constraints this morning...

Race 5:
OFF TURF

Race 6:
#1 Aesthetique: May work out the best trip of the logical horses.
#9 All Mine Tonight: The added distance will help but might not get a lot of pace help.
#6 Lakeview Lady: Don’t like playing Worrie on the turf but with the bug and lack of pace in here he may just gun it.
#8 Nonnie Connie: Has been competitive but needs to improve.
I would genuinely be surprised if #2 won. Huge underlay.

Race 7:
#4 Jacaranda: Well-bred and shows a long consistent streak of works. Ready to roll on debut.
#6 Back Stop: Chad FTS shows some quick morning moves.
#2 Chickaletta: Was willing to give her a shot on a fast track but that didn't happen.

Race 8:
#3 Hurry Up Alan: Had a rough go of things in the stretch (although the head-on wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be) in his debut for the barn and all things considered it was a good performance last time. Jacobson usually works them every breakfast but this one hadn’t been seen since his race a month prior. He sat wide from a tough post and still finished evenly. Back in eight days and ready to turn things around.
#1 Sanctify: Mott had a poor blinkers on stat and that’s why I left him out last time. Still ran a very good second and will improve with that experience.
#6 Street Game: The one to beat on paper, although he hasn’t been as good recently, but I don’t see any value and that’s why he’s picked third.
#5 Lawyer Jim: Regressed a tad second off the layoff on a good track (wet again today...). Two solid works since and with Rosario aboard should run much better third up.
#4 is interesting but hasn’t won in some time…#8 might get an easy lead…

Race 9:
#7 Missy Bay: Judging by last year’s form she’s one that takes a few starts to get going. Forgiving her for her last as she was back in 20 days with no works and was further back than normal. Back in a similar timeframe and has since been seen twice in the mornings. Much improved effort looming.
#1 Rumble Doll: Has quite the turn of foot and just got going too late last time. The added 1.5f should help but she might just get too far back.
#5 Jet Majesty is SCR...
#8 Given Fire: $40 winner in maiden breaker and based on that will be no value whatsoever here. Also extremely prone to bounce. However, with the SCR is now the lone speed.

Race 10:
#6 Bigger Picture: Solid run considering the start and although that field wasn’t the greatest, this one isn’t either. Up in class off the claim but switches to the turf and should improve on the surface.
#3 The Spotted Wonder: As much as I don’t want to use Leo O’Brien, this one looks the quickest early and that may be enough. Last wasn’t really bad either.
#7 Prophet’s Cat is SCR...
#1 Permanent Campaign: Not a fan of the spread-out works but had a similar pattern before his smashing maiden win.
#8 Wolf King: They’ve been trying to get this one on the surface where his sole winning sib won. Tough to take based off his last but can use in multis.
#4 will be a great bet when he finally gets a jock who can ride on the turf (and be in a reasonable class).

Race 6 $1 Pick Three:
1, 6, 8, 9/4, 6/1, 3, 5, 6 $32

$0.60 Late Pick Four
Race 7: 4, 6
Race 8: 1, 3, 5, 6
Race 9: 1, 7, 8
Race 10: 1, 3, 6, 8
$57.60

Good luck!

Last edited by Kitan : 09-21-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Gulfstream Park

Great ride in the 8th takes out two of my horses and kills my multis. Sigh...
Old 09-22-2014, 12:07 AM
Randwyck

Great job posting Jacaranda ($12) and Bigger Picture($16) on top. Tough luck on your P4. Would have been a nice payout.