Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM
The Curragh

Default Peyton Manning

Not sure where I will be this Sunday for the first game, but the news gets a little worse with time. And I knew it was only a matter of time. Back around 2005 he took a hit during a Redskins game and according to Tony Dungy has had lingering effects since. See what happens. I love how all the pundits are on the Texans bandwagon again
Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Gulfstream Park

Can't believe they kept Painter over Orlosfsky. He has out played him badly in the preseason IMO.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Saratoga

Per Chris Mortenson
Official: Sources say Manning had surgery this am - cervical fusion with 2-3 month minimum recovery. No word on whether he will be put on IR.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

If the Texans don't win that division this year, they might as well fold the franchise.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Per Chris Mortenson
Official: Sources say Manning had surgery this am - cervical fusion with 2-3 month minimum recovery. No word on whether he will be put on IR.
I would think that they are going to wait a couple of weeks and see how the season is shaping up. Obviously if they are out of it early, he will end up on IR sooner than later. But if they play well,(which I think they will) I bet there is a good chance that you will see him down the stretch.

Now by no means am I comparing Kerry Collins to Peyton Manning, but Collins is a very good pocket passer and if the line gives hime the time that they give Manning, there is no reason to think that they can't have some sort of success. I like them plus the wood this week.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I would think that they are going to wait a couple of weeks and see how the season is shaping up. Obviously if they are out of it early, he will end up on IR sooner than later. But if they play well,(which I think they will) I bet there is a good chance that you will see him down the stretch.

Now by no means am I comparing Kerry Collins to Peyton Manning, but Collins is a very good pocket passer and if the line gives hime the time that they give Manning, there is no reason to think that they can't have some sort of success. I like them plus the wood this week.
Neck injury is scary stuff. If I had the loot he does I would seriously think about calling it a career.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Gulfstream Park

Good thing we just signed him to a long term contract with bunches of up front money! Thinking I need to go out and get me a Matt Painter jersey.

We're f*cked!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Saratoga

[quote=rpncaine;805767]Good thing we just signed him to a long term contract with bunches of up front money! Thinking I need to go out and get me a Matt Painter jersey.

We're f*cked![/QUOTE]

f*cked was 10 exits back...
Old 09-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post
Good thing we just signed him to a long term contract with bunches of up front money! Thinking I need to go out and get me a Matt Painter jersey.

We're f*cked!
What's the head coach of Purdue's jersey number?