Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2006, 10:48 PM
taoaracing

Great Thread and topic.

I dont wager much anymore but when I do I usually play Daily Doubles or pick 3,s and occasional Pick 4.

When Im betting a daily double I usually look for a wagering opportunity where I love a median priced horse in one leg say 4-1 up and then also a requirment is that one half of the double be some pathetic non winners or maiden claimers full of 0-20 horses then I make the key My horse with All and wait for the Bomb to explode in the garbage race.

An example of this was a quarter horse night at evangeline downs while I was at the otb I just loved a horse in the first leg of the double he was 5-1 2nd choice in a 12 horse field . The second leg of the double was for maiden claimers going 350 yards and they all where absolutley horrible another 12 horse field . I loaded up $10.00 double my 5/1 shot with/ ALL in the second half . My choice in the first leg won easily , I told my friend 2 minutes before post for the second leg that I was sitting huge cause all the doubles where over $40.00 being the smallest but a 12 horse maiden quarter horse claiming , Ugh well needless to say the BOMBS went off in the second leg 35-1 wins like a champ and the double comes back $753.00 for a $2.00 wager . These are the types of things I look for at the track a big score then dont wager again for 4-6 months , I used to go everyday to wager and the grind got to me , Plus when I started announcing it was better than wagering to me , but good luck at learning its the best sport in the world.