Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2015, 09:15 AM
Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Matty, you need to invest in a remote control with a mute button. They are fairly cheap these days. I could care less who is talking between races, the sound is only on when they go in the gate at my house, for both channels.

Despite all the consternation over who will be on the air, the best news associated with this deal is that the bigger tracks will be shown on the channel with the better picture. There is no comparison in the video quality on my cable system when they are both showing the same race, so if Gulfstream is showing up on TVG already, that is nothing but a good thing. I applaud their effort to try to push horse racing into the HD world and I thank the tracks that have already made the investment in their in house video equipment to facilitate this move out of the SD world.
I understand TVG has invested in HD equipment. However, are there any cable or satellite providers actually giving TVG HD space? What's the point in all the HD talk if the channel is only offered in SD on cable? By getting TVG on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, they could get the HD picture out to any subscriber that has an HD TV and a broadband connection. You can get a Roku device for $50 or less. Why they aren't doing this is beyond me. They can also make the channels available to those potential viewers that can't currently get one or both networks.