Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
I will likely go down in flames in the round of 32, but I just can't get past Ohio St. and Oregon.
Awww... there's my Ohio State lover boy. MUAH!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by POINTGIVEN1985
good luck with that, i think they are in some trouble though possibly in the second round arizona is very dangerous in my opinion, but i will say if they get past round 2 they have a very easy road to the final four, i think there bracket is by far the weakest
I don't bet basketball but thanks for your analysis, Billy Packer.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Awww... there's my Ohio State lover boy. MUAH!
It's funny cuz I was just telling my old manager about that today. She runs a little pool for Comcast people (who are all managers and VPs and higher-ups....and then there's me!). I told her about how I loved OSU in football and they got thrashed but how I still can't get past them in the tourney even though I'm a tainted fan of their sports teams. I just can't find a team who can beat them yet.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
i did not call texas a sleeper, i called texas a&m a sleeper, texas is gone in the sweet 16 when they meet unc
texas A&M is a 3 seed and has been ranked in the top 10 for 6 months. How can they be considered a sleeper?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
texas A&M is a 3 seed and has been ranked in the top 10 for 6 months. How can they be considered a sleeper?
In fictitious worlds anything goes.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Delaware Park

Wink

Winthrop has a very legitimate shot to win. They only lost to four teams this year all on the road. All big major teams. In fact they took wisconsin to overtime in wisconsin. Watch out for teams that play defense. You have to like texas a&m, georgetown and ucla. If you take all four number one seeds to make it you'll crash and burn. Hasn't happened in a long time. Look at last years number one seed. With all that I'm leaning toward ohio state. Sure both nc and florida already beat them, but that was when oden wasn't 100% healthy. Now hes playing great and Conley might be the best point guard in the nation. Also texas will beat nc. No one has been able to stop durant and its just not him. With abrams and augustine this team is very dangerous. North carolina didn't deserve a number one seed. They were ranked 8th going into last week and who did they play in the acc tournament. Florida state, a tired bc team and nc state. Boy was that impressive and then the committee rewards them a #1 seed! Sorry tarheel fans you will not be dancing in atlanta!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan
The way people are talking Winthrop up, you would think they are the favorite. I think the bet should be with no points giving, but if your not confident that Winthrop can beat my Irish, I guess I could give you 4 points. You name the wager, and I will agree and we will see what happens. (eventhough I already know)

I will take the 4 points, I am no fool.

Make a suggestion of a wager. I am up for anything, something friendly.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrady
Winthrop has a very legitimate shot to win. They only lost to four teams this year all on the road. All big major teams. In fact they took wisconsin to overtime in wisconsin. Watch out for teams that play defense. You have to like texas a&m, georgetown and ucla. If you take all four number one seeds to make it you'll crash and burn. Hasn't happened in a long time. Look at last years number one seed. With all that I'm leaning toward ohio state. Sure both nc and florida already beat them, but that was when oden wasn't 100% healthy. Now hes playing great and Conley might be the best point guard in the nation. Also texas will beat nc. No one has been able to stop him and its just not him. With abrams and augustine this team is very dangerous. North carolina didn't deserve a number one seed. They were ranked 8th going into last week and who did they play in the acc tournament. Florida state, a tired bc team and nc state. Boy was that impressive and then the committee rewards them a #1 seed! Sorry tarheel fans you will not be dancing in atlanta!
I may be dead last in the bracket when it's all said and done, but I don't even have them dancing in the Sweet Sixteen
Old 03-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Delaware Park

Cool

Im with aryan I'll take that bet too. Let me know what you want to bet irish. Also in case you haven't heard yet, Marquette best player Mcneal is out for the tournament. So take michigan state to beat them. They aren't the same team without him. Also watch out for nevada. This team was ranked in the top 25 the whole year and is gonna be a very dangerous team. I was schocked when the committee gave them a 7th seed.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Im with aryan I'll take that bet too. Let me know what you want to bet irish. Also in case you haven't heard yet, Marquette best player Mcneal is out for the tournament. So take michigan state to beat them. They aren't the same team without him. Also watch out for nevada. This team was ranked in the top 25 the whole year and is gonna be a very dangerous team. I was schocked when the committee gave them a 7th seed.
I heard last night that McNeal was only out for the first round game? Did this change today? Got a link?

Not that it would change my braket too much as I had them out in the second anyway.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Delaware Park

Saw on espn yesterday that he was out for the tournament.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
The Curragh

I don't know what you guys are up for, so just tell me what you guys want to bet and I will most likely do it, seeing as how I'm not going to lose!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Steve Byk

Below is a link to the Tourney Preview Joey and I offered last night.. Joe's analysis of the spreads and O/U's for all 32 opening round games is great, and anyone betting these Thurs?fri will enjoy the listen (2nd half of show)...

In the 1st half, he and Dick Packer fill out their brackets, and I doubt you'll hear better insight on the Tourney anywhere...

http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/stream/31307d.mp3
Old 03-14-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
carolina wins it... texas am is a HUGE sleeper and can go very far
wisconsin goes out early....
u albany will beat virginia in round 1 that is the perfect matchup for them
I hope you are right
Old 03-14-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Winthrop has a very legitimate shot to win. They only lost to four teams this year all on the road. All big major teams. In fact they took wisconsin to overtime in wisconsin. Watch out for teams that play defense. You have to like texas a&m, georgetown and ucla. If you take all four number one seeds to make it you'll crash and burn. Hasn't happened in a long time. Look at last years number one seed. With all that I'm leaning toward ohio state. Sure both nc and florida already beat them, but that was when oden wasn't 100% healthy. Now hes playing great and Conley might be the best point guard in the nation. Also texas will beat nc. No one has been able to stop durant and its just not him. With abrams and augustine this team is very dangerous. North carolina didn't deserve a number one seed. They were ranked 8th going into last week and who did they play in the acc tournament. Florida state, a tired bc team and nc state. Boy was that impressive and then the committee rewards them a #1 seed! Sorry tarheel fans you will not be dancing in atlanta!
I liked everything you said but the North Carolina not being a #1. I have no clue and read this too late. I picked them to win it all over the choke masters Kansas
Old 03-15-2007, 10:46 AM
The Curragh

It is about to begin, but the real team plays tomorrow at 2:35, that's right, my IRISH!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Arlington Park

GOOD- BYE irish !!!!!