Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Tywin Lannister reads from Fifty Shades of Grey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3POYx6IeeI

A friend of mine has been crushing on Charles Dance since the 1980s. I had to sit through a lot of bad movies with her (a TV version of The Phantom of the Opera, starring him and Teri Polo, particularly stands out in my mind). But he's a terrific actor and it's nice to see him getting such a great role as Tywin Lannister in Game of Thrones. However, this clip shows that if the whole period drama thing doesn't work out, he'd be a good fit for other, ahem, genres.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3POYx6IeeI

A friend of mine has been crushing on Charles Dance since the 1980s. I had to sit through a lot of bad movies with her (a TV version of The Phantom of the Opera, starring him and Teri Polo, particularly stands out in my mind). But he's a terrific actor and it's nice to see him getting such a great role as Tywin Lannister in Game of Thrones. However, this clip shows that if the whole period drama thing doesn't work out, he'd be a good fit for other, ahem, genres.
Did you watch "Red Wedding" ?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
Did you watch "Red Wedding" ?
Heh- the episode is technically titled "The Rains of Castamere" but recappers said you can tell the people who read the books because we'll all call it "The Red Wedding" anyway. I did see it. What did you think?

Have you seen the video of people's live reactions to it? Pretty funny.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Gulfstream Park

I just watched last night. People at work told me if i didn't watch it they were gonna spoiler it for me. Haven't read the books and was freaked. My mom has read them so she knew what was coming and she said my jaw dropped open. Should have know with this show and history of episode 9 suprises. Still the best show going right now.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Heh- the episode is technically titled "The Rains of Castamere" but recappers said you can tell the people who read the books because we'll all call it "The Red Wedding" anyway. I did see it. What did you think?

Have you seen the video of people's live reactions to it? Pretty funny.
I am right there with rpncaine - didn't read and was shocked. I yelled out WTF, thought it was someones dream. Can wait for Finale.

Great show. Love the MoD scenes.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
I am right there with rpncaine - didn't read and was shocked. I yelled out WTF, thought it was someones dream. Can wait for Finale.

Great show. Love the MoD scenes.
I really wish I could have watched with someone who didn't know what was coming. My husband and I were gripping each other's hands the entire episode- as soon as we found out the title was "The Rains of Castamere" we knew it would be the Red Wedding episode. Because we are big geeks.

I hadn't read the books when I saw Season One, so I remember being all, "What? But Ned's the main character! They aren't going to - Oh. Ma. Gawd."

FWIW, Rob's wife is a totally different character in the books and is not at the wedding (her parents were in on the plot- long story, blah blah blah), so the thing with Charlie Chaplin's daughter was absolutely shocking to us, too. So far, they haven't made any changes from the books that I've disliked.

This season was the first half of book 3. Lots of good stuff coming up in the second half. How can I wait another yeeeeaaaar?????
Old 06-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I really wish I could have watched with someone who didn't know what was coming. My husband and I were gripping each other's hands the entire episode- as soon as we found out the title was "The Rains of Castamere" we knew it would be the Red Wedding episode. Because we are big geeks.

I hadn't read the books when I saw Season One, so I remember being all, "What? But Ned's the main character! They aren't going to - Oh. Ma. Gawd."

FWIW, Rob's wife is a totally different character in the books and is not at the wedding (her parents were in on the plot- long story, blah blah blah), so the thing with Charlie Chaplin's daughter was absolutely shocking to us, too. So far, they haven't made any changes from the books that I've disliked.

This season was the first half of book 3. Lots of good stuff coming up in the second half. How can I wait another yeeeeaaaar?????
My friend says if Tyrion Lannister and MoD hook up - ratings go through the roof. I agree, but an awful sight
Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 PM

The Red Wedding via The Princess Bride