Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
boldruler

Default Late Double at Belmont= Free Money

It looks like a chalkfest in the last two but the late 4-4 double is about as big of a gimme in the sport. Hopefully it pays $10.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Jerome Park

There are 4 or 5 horses making their first turf starts in the last that have well above average breeding for turf....especially for a NY Bred maiden race. I hardly think a proven bad horse like the 4 is anywhere close to a " gimme " in the finale.

I'll take my chances with the 3, 5, 9 and 10.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
It looks like a chalkfest in the last two but the late 4-4 double is about as big of a gimme in the sport. Hopefully it pays $10.

Holy Cow!! You are good!!! Scary good...

$2 Daily Double 4-4 10.00
Old 07-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Hollywood Park

Bold

Make sure u are on like this TOMMORROW

Nice hit
Old 07-07-2006, 08:06 PM
boldruler

I didn't make that pick my friend's brother gave it to me with the exact words "free money". I had $200 on it, a pretty big bet for me, so no complaints about picking up $1000. He was the guy who told me Showing Up was the easiest money a man could find in his last race.

They love a hennig horse in a maiden at belmont tomorrow too but I am passing on the race because I have to go to a wedding.

Good luck tomorrow.

The pick didn't surprise me so much as how he told me exactly what it would pay. Pretty odd if you ask me.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:13 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
There are 4 or 5 horses making their first turf starts in the last that have well above average breeding for turf....especially for a NY Bred maiden race. I hardly think a proven bad horse like the 4 is anywhere close to a " gimme " in the finale.

I'll take my chances with the 3, 5, 9 and 10.
5 came close but no cigar. The ride by Gomez was a little too comfortable for me, but a win is a win.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Hollywood Park

So what horse in what race tommorrow???

Might have to put down a little somethin
Old 07-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
5 came close but no cigar. The ride by Gomez was a little too comfortable for me, but a win is a win.

The five was obviously best. The winner got a dream trip.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:28 PM
boldruler

Quote:
The five was obviously best. The winner got a dream trip.
That isn't what the money in my pocket says. The better horse won. The 5 had ever chance to get by him. Doesn't matter anyway, a winner is a winner.

I can't bet tomorrow because I have to go to a wedding but he said to bet it all back on the 4-4 late double again at Belmont. He isn't a numbers player but the #4 was good to me today so I though about it but don't like betting if I can't watch it. He also loves a Hennig horse tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:31 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycharles01
So what horse in what race tommorrow???

Might have to put down a little somethin

It is Hennig horse that Gomez is riding at Belmont in a maiden race. #6 in the 5th race.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Jerome Park

It's an idiotic conversation.

The five had a decent trip, and he certainly had his chance to win, but he also ran a better race than the winner.

Cashing is not all that matters. What matters is analyzing races accurately so as a horseplayer you give yourself the best opportunity to win in the future.

Unless of course you are just waiting for friends to call with short priced horses. I'm not.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
It is Hennig horse that Gomez is riding at Belmont in a maiden race. #6 in the 5th race.
That horse is 0-8, with FIVE seconds and two thirds. That means of the eight races, well over half of them were races she could have won, and she has failed every test. She has lost races at 5-2, 3-1, 5-1, 4-1, 3-1 and 4-1. Tomorrow she faces seven first time starters all of whom come from at least reasonably good outfits. She is also very likely to be the favorite.

Any horseplayer not salivating at the opportunity to bet against this horse at a short price has zero chance of ever being successful betting this game.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Westside Willy

Glad you cashed Bold Ruler.

I, too cashed the late double so i was happy Gomez got up.

That said, i thought the best horse was the firster Westside Willy who was repeatedly blocked in the stretch and most likely was an easy winner if he hadn't had the trouble. Glad he did, so we could both cash.

PSH
Old 07-07-2006, 09:20 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

blackthr.....dont be too botherd by those that are happy in the short run...we all know the big picture and a fool and his money are soon parted...its nice to call a winner and you have had many..ahem ..im sure..you are right about the 5 and im licking my chops to play that 8 back ..but thats another day...hooves..
Old 07-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Jerome Park

Not bothered at all....just trying to help any of the misguided who may unwittingly be suckered into betting that horrendous Hennig favorite tomorrow. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do, at least, my part to give an official warning against poor risk-reward horses.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

i hear ya..
Old 07-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Hollywood Park

Damn Bold

Ask you friend's bro what he got for next week

Nice hit at Belmont in the 5th
Old 07-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Not bothered at all....just trying to help any of the misguided who may unwittingly be suckered into betting that horrendous Hennig favorite tomorrow. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do, at least, my part to give an official warning against poor risk-reward horses.

Call me a sucker. I hope you can still live with yourself.

Last edited by Nostradamus : 07-08-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycharles01
Damn Bold

Ask you friend's bro what he got for next week

Nice hit at Belmont in the 5th

I might have another later this week. Do not play doubles with my picks. Straight win bets only. I hope you played Wildcat Betty B straight not just in the double.

Last edited by Nostradamus : 07-08-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
blackthr.....dont be too botherd by those that are happy in the short run...we all know the big picture and a fool and his money are soon parted...its nice to call a winner and you have had many..ahem ..im sure..you are right about the 5 and im licking my chops to play that 8 back ..but thats another day...hooves..
Short run. That is funny. You guys keep betting because I love taking your money.

It amazes me how you are licking your chops to play the 8 back when you don't even know where he will be and against what type of field. Piece of advice for you, you and your money will soon be parted unless you learn how to gamble. A few win bets a week is how to bet, if the bets are available, not waiting for certain horses to run back. That is the dumbest thing I ever heard. How can you like a horse without even knowing the likely pace scenario, which is 99% of gambling.