Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
What would you say your biggest accomplishment within the racing game has been Joel?
Being the youngest level 2 manager at Churchill Downs Inc. the last 20+ years at 26....overhauling a Kentucky Derby website that broke all traffic records in 2006, etc......inovating the kentucky oaks website, etc....But who is bragging? I know my worth and that is all I care about...I'm stll very young...Hell, I was in college a few years ago..

How many BAD horses have you bought before you finally stumbled on WLAL?...Probably well over half of your horses have NOT panned out, but I don;t hear you talking about that....When bloodstock agents brag about their purchases I just sit back and laugh because people that understnd the industry know what you are all about.....You don;t ahe to put up any of your own money and you only have to be right every so often....you pick out 60 busts before you buy her and then give her to the only trainer that can mysteriously make horses run out of there skin and the aclaim your self as a great bloodstock agent....hey, taht is your perogative....the people that understnd your part of the industry sit back and laugh everytime they hear one of you guys brag....its laughable.....it is called law of numbers and anybody will evenbtually stumble on a good horse over years and years of doing what you do....but I notice you guys never mention the ones that don't pan out - kind of like the 2-year-old filly you bought from CD earlier this year from Eddie Kenneally that now looks like a bust after throwing up at the Spa last month....
Old 08-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
why does being a son of Langfuhr hurt his value at stud ? i know Langfuhr stands for $20k.

and LR is a little light on reines de course. has 5 in his first 5 gens wchich limits some inbreeding possibilities. he's o/o a Lord Avie mare which opens up a possible Secretariat/SIr Gaylord cross.
langfuhr is #11 right now on the top sires list. he's doing just fine.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
Yeah I know what he is. I've got a new title for him...

Cunningham Racing - Gay for Godolphin
I have also copied this post and it will be emailed to mr. byk
Old 08-27-2006, 11:11 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
Being the youngest level 2 manager at Churchill Downs Inc. the last 20+ years at 26....overhauling a Kentucky Derby website that broke all traffic records in 2006, etc......inovating the kentucky oaks website, etc....But who is bragging? I know my worth and that is all I care about...I'm stll very young...Hell, I was in college a few years ago..

How many BAD horses have you bought before you finally stumbled on WLAL?...Probably well over half of your horses have NOT panned out, but I don;t hear you talking about that....When bloodstock agents brag about their purchases I just sit back and laugh because people that understnd the industry know what you are all about.....You don;t ahe to put up any of your own money and you only have to be right every so often....you pick out 60 busts before you buy her and then give her to the only trainer that can mysteriously make horses run out of there skin and the aclaim your self as a great bloodstock agent....hey, taht is your perogative....the people that understnd your part of the industry sit back and laugh everytime they hear one of you guys brag....its laughable.....it is called law of numbers and anybody will evenbtually stumble on a good horse over years and years of doing what you do....but I notice you guys never mention the ones that don't pan out - kind of like the 2-year-old filly you bought from CD earlier this year from Eddie Kenneally that now looks like a bust after throwing up at the Spa last month....

Ok so you are also the youngest one fired, which should have taught you some humility, apparently it did not.
Its one thing to write about and criticize folks doing soemthing, its another to do it.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Hey ... I thought this was a Lawyer Ron thread.

Doesn't anybody want to comment on last night's race?
Old 08-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
I wouldn't expect anything less from you, sissy.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
that is your opinion and you're entitled to it...success is measured in the eye of the beholder....I think War Chant, Belong to Me and Boundary were all disappointing at stud relative to the mare books they recieved and how well they performed on the racetrack......just my opinion...look at War Chant....beuatifully bred and was a serious runner that had every chance to get a few stellar first crops with the book of mares he got, yet he relatively has had nothing special in my eyes...Also, look at the beautifully bred Dayjur, who was a freak of a racehorse and couldn't sire a $30K claimer.....you see where I'm going with this...it is just my opinion, man....

belong to me and langfuhr are both on the top 100 list for this year, langfuhr at #11...danzig is on there as well, not too bad for an old man. they're all on the turf list as well, altho not as high as his son danehill...and lookie there, so is war chant, lost soldier and foxhound.

and kris s...arch is moving up in the world. i've kept my eye on him the last few years, gratifying to see.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:14 AM
six perfections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite

Do you know if there's a replay anywhere?
Old 08-27-2006, 11:15 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Mail this to Mr Byk Joel.
While I understand the error somewhat, you misinterpreted a post I made targeted at a specific board member and turned it into a situation where you mistakenly claimed i was speaking about Sheikh Mo and anyone who liked his horses.
Tell you what tough guy, you go back and read through every post I ever made, I havent erased any and wont now. You won't find one that alludes to what you have accused me of. You apologize to me after reviewing my posts or i will make DAMN sure that your lies and inaccurate statements about me are addressed.
If you have any honor whatsoever, you will go back and see where you made your error in interpretation, apologize, and we won't mention it again.
But you will address this lie that you have perpetuated or I will.
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Ok so you are also the youngest one fired, which should have taught you some humility, apparently it did not.
Its one thing to write about and criticize folks doing soemthing, its another to do it.
didn't criticize anybody...that was YOU who started the persoanl atytacks tough guy...Oh, and no retraction anywhere..i know what you meant...i've been reading your posts consistently for a while to understand you stance..."America vs. Arabs"...
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite

i will. tough to do so since it seems to be as easy to watch that re-play as that south park episode with tom cruise.....

is the super derby still slated as his next start?? bright one is supposed to be headed there as well.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Cunningham Racing

Can Anyone See How Counterproductive And Wastful Of Time This Gets When Things Get Personal? :d
Old 08-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
belong to me and langfuhr are both on the top 100 list for this year, langfuhr at #11...danzig is on there as well, not too bad for an old man. they're all on the turf list as well, altho not as high as his son danehill...and lookie there, so is war chant, lost soldier and foxhound.

and kris s...arch is moving up in the world. i've kept my eye on him the last few years, gratifying to see.
I own an Arch filly...i hope your right there
Old 08-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Can Anyone See How Counterproductive And Wastful Of Time This Gets When Things Get Personal? :d
Yeah you get all bent out of shape and act like a child with threats of telling mom what others said about you. It's fun to watch.

Oh and maybe you'll notice the CAPS filter. Just use a space or two if you want to type in all caps.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:18 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Well isnt this the lying pot calling the lying kettle black?
Once again, in front of us all, please show us the posts where I said the things about Sheikh Mo or anyone who likes his horses that you claim I said.
When I got back home last night i was STUNNED at what you had done to that thread and where you had taken it. It was complete cowardly bull****. I never said any such things about Sheikh Mo, either here nor elsewhere. You have a lot of nerve making things up about other people and then talking about getting personal Joel. You goofed on this one, tell you what, you find me the post where i called Sheikh Mo anything of the sort, and I will leave this board for good, gone goodbye.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
I havent erased any and wont now...... You apologize to me after reviewing my posts or i will make DAMN sure that your lies and inaccurate statements about me are addressed.
Yeah, right...you have already cleaned it up......go ahead and address what everf you want...
Old 08-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Well isnt this the lying pot calling the lying kettle black?
Once again, in front of us all, please show us the posts where I said the things about Sheikh Mo or anyone who likes his horses that you claim I said.
When I got back home last night i was STUNNED at what you had done to that thread and where you had taken it. It was complete cowardly bull****. I never said any such things about Sheikh Mo, either here nor elsewhere. You have a lot of nerve making things up about other people and then talking about getting personal Joel. You goofed on this one, tell you what, you find me the post where i called Sheikh Mo anything of the sort, and I will leave this board for good, gone goodbye.
you've deleted them.....
Old 08-27-2006, 11:21 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Yeah, right...you have already cleaned it up......go ahead and address what everf you want...
I have not cleaned up a thing, havent edited or touhced one word of any post I've made.
Notice that noone will jump to your defense on this one, despite the fact that plenty are ready to always jump on me or take me on. The reason noone has come to your aid is because they already read the thread through and realize that you goofed, that i never spoke that way about Sheikh Mo. But in your fervent obsessive haste to defend your Royal family against anyonme who might criticize them, you jumped at shadows that werent there and started a smear campaign against me.
Smarten up Joel. Go back and read things through, I already explained where you made the error in interpretation, but it was indeed an error.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:22 AM
oracle80

Quote:
you've deleted them.....
Little lying pansy is what you are. There is a record of deleted posts Joel, the post shows as deleted. I never deleted a damn post I made. Don't you get it yet? You just plain goofed.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
I have not cleaned up a thing, havent edited or touhced one word of any post I've made.
Notice that noone will jump to your defense on this one, despite the fact that plenty are ready to always jump on me or take me on. The reason noone has come to your aid is because they already read the thread through and realize that you goofed, that i never spoke that way about Sheikh Mo. But in your fervent obsessive haste to defend your Royal family against anyonme who might criticize them, you jumped at shadows that werent there and started a smear campaign against me.
Smarten up Joel. Go back and read things through, I already explained where you made the error in interpretation, but it was indeed an error.
I have gotten 4 PMs in the last 15 minutes, Oracle....you are wrong AGIAN...