Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Flemington

Default Saratoga Restaurants?

I've haven't been to the Spa in 6 years. Looks like I'm making the pilgrimage next week. Anyone have a recommendation on any restaurants or bars (not named PJ's or Hatties) in what I guess is in the downtown area? I plan on staying at the Hilton and would preferably leave the car in the parking lot.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 08-17-2015, 11:37 AM
Goodwood

Is Mrs MaTH out of the country?
Old 08-17-2015, 11:37 AM
Hialeah Park

Jacob & Anthony's right near the Hampton Inn...Durkin always ate there. I even was there when Sam the Bugler came in, did a shot, played a song and left.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Is Mrs MaTH out of the country?
Negative ghostrider, she's accompanying me on the trip. Most importantly, the boys will not. They will be watching my mother-in-law .
Old 08-17-2015, 10:32 PM
Hollywood Park

As a once a year visitor - Love Sperry's - wasabi shrimp is awesome....

Favorite Bar is Harvey's;
Gaffney's is good one too
and don't forget the Parting Glass Pub
Old 08-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Oaklawn

Curious what the Hilton's rates are...I'm considering an impromptu trip in the next couple of weeks.

Also mildly considering a trip to see Travers Day....not sure I can afford to stay in town though. A few years ago I stayed at a rather old motel about 10-15 minutes from the track for about 100 a night...
Old 08-19-2015, 07:36 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetoone View Post
Curious what the Hilton's rates are...I'm considering an impromptu trip in the next couple of weeks.

Also mildly considering a trip to see Travers Day....not sure I can afford to stay in town though. A few years ago I stayed at a rather old motel about 10-15 minutes from the track for about 100 a night...
I want to say the rates were in the low to mid 200's. But there seemed to be plenty of lodging options that were fairly priced.

Id eventually like to get up there for a Travers too, but I dont see that happening for a while.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I've haven't been to the Spa in 6 years. Looks like I'm making the pilgrimage next week. Anyone have a recommendation on any restaurants or bars (not named PJ's or Hatties) in what I guess is in the downtown area? I plan on staying at the Hilton and would preferably leave the car in the parking lot.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks
https://www.google.com/search?q=ihop...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Old 08-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Old 08-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Oaklawn

OK, now I'm seriously contemplating driving up very early Friday morning & staying next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night & catching Travers weekend. I see general admission tickets are going for about a hundo each on Craigslist, which seems rather high. Any advice from DT peeps appreciated on lodging, tickets, etc!!!!
Old 08-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Oaklawn

get your travers GA right outside the gate. Day of Travers. Also, call Mary, owner of Brentwood inn. Right across the street from the Horseshoe Inn. Do NOT bring wife or girlfriend there! But is fine for the guys! 2 minute walk to track. Owners name is Mary. Call now> She might have something left. 518-542-6688
Old 08-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogadew View Post
get your travers GA right outside the gate. Day of Travers. Also, call Mary, owner of Brentwood inn. Right across the street from the Horseshoe Inn. Do NOT bring wife or girlfriend there! But is fine for the guys! 2 minute walk to track. Owners name is Mary. Call now> She might have something left. 518-542-6688
Thanks!