Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2008, 02:21 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god
nike and pepsi endorsements?

where's the federal bailout on those bad investments?
Very true. Generally speaking, are endorsements guaranteed like baseball contracts? Any difference between just sucking verses rape charges (Kobe, even though he was not guilty) or prison time (Vick)? Interesting, although completely off-topic...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan
Until he can prove that he can win in the playoffs I say no

1-Brady
2-Manning
3-McNabb
4-Brees
5-Big Ben
Romo has only been a starter in the league for two years. Yes he's 0-2 and still has something to prove, but on talent.. along with the talent surrounding him... he's a top 5 QB easy.

Besides, it's not like McNabb has led the Eagles to the promised land yet.. they've made it to the NCF conference championship multiple times and the Super Bowl once.. but never over the hump.
and as for Brees, he has lead his teams to exactly one playoff win in his career.. against Philly.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyneedsawin
Romo has only been a starter in the league for two years. Yes he's 0-2 and still has something to prove, but on talent.. along with the talent surrounding him... he's a top 5 QB easy.

Besides, it's not like McNabb has led the Eagles to the promised land yet.. they've made it to the NCF conference championship multiple times and the Super Bowl once.. but never over the hump.
and as for Brees, he has lead his teams to exactly one playoff win in his career.. against Philly.

Ummm???
You act as if those NCF Championships were easy to get to with the cast of characters ensembled. Give McNabb a TRUE #1 RECIEVER, one that demands a double team that opens up the field for others, and it's documented what he can do. (2004)

Then, you knock Brees on the same thing that could be said about Romo? The fact is, Romo had 2 opportunities to win playoff games, and let one of them slip through his hands, literally. I don't care if he only had 2 GAMES as a starter, with his surrounding talent, he should have at least 1 NCF Championship under his belt thus far.

Come on Zip, your using flawed logic to knock some and praise others.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Flemington

You have to give McNabb credit (even thought I despise everyone else in the NFC east) he had a top reciever in Philly for what 1-2 seasons and they made it to the super bowl. He has no where near the type of weapons that Dallas, Giants and even Redskins to a certain extent have and they are always there. It seems that McNabb is hated in Philly, but I think the guy is a warrior and always gives his best.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
You have to give McNabb credit (even thought I despise everyone else in the NFC east) he had a top reciever in Philly for what 1-2 seasons and they made it to the super bowl. He has no where near the type of weapons that Dallas, Giants and even Redskins to a certain extent have and they are always there. It seems that McNabb is hated in Philly, but I think the guy is a warrior and always gives his best.

Me too.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Thistley Downs

You know what I thought was a really good pick by the Mooboys was that running back from Arkansas who played behind McFadden.

Gosh I hope I'm right on who I think he is.

Barber was,too.

Gosh I hope Barber is the guy I mean.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Thistley Downs

I give McNabb a whole lot of credit until he says something stupid.

The idiot Browns were stuck between Couch and the guy Cincinnati took because we didn't.

Ya couldn't go right between those two.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
I give McNabb a whole lot of credit until he says something stupid.

The idiot Browns were stuck between Couch and the guy Cincinnati took because we didn't.

Ya couldn't go right between those two.
Ah that Akili Smith who thought he was dissed for not being taken by the Browns.

Hey give Couch credit. He did marry Heather Kozar.