Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-10-2006, 09:45 AM
oracle80

Default I'm gonna get my hopes up here/Invasor

Appears from the article I just read that Kiarin is stating that they will be running Invasor in the BC Classic. I never thought they would meet in the JCGC, but I see a glimmer of hope that Invasor may run. That would make my interest in the race multiply by a factor of 100. A Lava Man, Bernadini hook up on the turn could set it up for someone to close provided they posess the talent to do so. Invasor has that talent.
I'm quite interested to see what happens when Bernadini approaches another horse who may not yield immediately and let him by, I wanna see him work to get the lead and then have to fight in the lane and see what hes made of. That would be a great show and answer many questions regardless of whether he wins or loses.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Appears from the article I just read that Kiarin is stating that they will be running Invasor in the BC Classic. I never thought they would meet in the JCGC, but I see a glimmer of hope that Invasor may run. That would make my interest in the race multiply by a factor of 100. A Lava Man, Bernadini hook up on the turn could set it up for someone to close provided they posess the talent to do so. Invasor has that talent.
I'm quite interested to see what happens when Bernadini approaches another horse who may not yield immediately and let him by, I wanna see him work to get the lead and then have to fight in the lane and see what hes made of. That would be a great show and answer many questions regardless of whether he wins or loses.

I guess I was still expecting Invasor to run in the BCC because it doubles the chances the sheiks get a horse named HOY. If either Bernie or Invasor win, they get the award, so why not run both?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Del Mar

I'll believe it when I see it. Mcglaughlin talked up this matchup 3-4 weeks agao and then suddenly his horse came down with a cold. BS. As of now theres no reason not to expect more BS a week from the BC. Maybe this time Invasor will chip a tooth.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Randwyck

I'd love to see Lava Man and Invasor in the race.
We would have the BIG 3 to look forward to, similar to GhostZapper, Pleasantly Perfect and Roses in May 2 years ago.
Bernie still may win convincingly, but at least the final race of the day will be something really to look foward to.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:43 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoncrush
I'd love to see Lava Man and Invasor in the race.
We would have the BIG 3 to look forward to, similar to GhostZapper, Pleasantly Perfect and Roses in May 2 years ago.
Bernie still may win convincingly, but at least the final race of the day will be something really to look foward to.
I think thats all everyone wants, and its an issue that has polarized some folks.
The Bernadini worshippers would want him to beat every good horse standing so they can proclaim afterwards that he is everything that they say he is and lord it over the "non believers". They don't wanna hear forever that he beat noone, even if its true.
The Bernadini skeptics wanna see him beat the best available before annointing him what thw worshippers claim him to be.
Lets just hope the Classic holds together and we see the best available horses running in it.
Javy will have to eat his wheaties that morning though. In the small fields hes been facing,hes had no traffic problems.
Hes going to have the biggest red bullseye on the back of his silks you ever saw in your life. If they can lock him in a jam, they will eagerly do so. If they can force him to have to duel on the lead, they will. If they can force him widest of all, they will. Hes going to have to contend with obstacles that he hasnt had to contend with in the past, and I doubt he gets the easy trips hes been getting.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Hes going to have the biggest red bullseye on the back of his silks you ever saw in your life. If they can lock him in a jam, they will eagerly do so. If they can force him to have to duel on the lead, they will. If they can force him widest of all, they will. Hes going to have to contend with obstacles that he hasnt had to contend with in the past, and I doubt he gets the easy trips hes been getting.
Yep, it has the feeling of Smarty all over again, except Bailey won't be a part of it....
Old 10-10-2006, 10:47 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Yep, it has the feeling of Smarty all over again, except Bailey won't be a part of it....
No he won't, but I can tell you Nakatani has never been averse to eyeballing someone and having a pissing match with another rider in a race, and hes on Lava Man.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
No he won't, but I can tell you Nakatani has never been averse to eyeballing someone and having a pissing match with another rider in a race, and hes on Lava Man.
While I think Nak is a top five rider, the best in Cali, he is a hothead and gets c0cky, I could see he trying to throw down right away, they carry 124 or 126 in the Classic?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Let me throw a monkey wrench in here. If Invasor wins. Think back who beat Invasor? Does this bring Discrete Cat back into the picture?