Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by senator L View Post
We'll soon see
You were right, but it took absolute garbage riding on the two Brown horses. How was Minorette's speed not used there, even if to set up Xcellence? What a laugher that Lezcano takes back and lets the 5 sit off the 1 off a slow pace like that. Garbage ride by Bravo trying to take the 4 up the rail. Incredible incompetence.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
I knew that race was f****** trouble, I could not get a grip on it. I should have tossed the 6 and thrown the 4 on there. The more I looked at the Jacobson with the Anchor aboard, I knew I wanted to toss, changed my mind from my original ticket and tossed. I didn't love the 7, the 5 was really the only horse that I wanted. That really stings.
Late to reading some of the posts today, but when I read "Jacobson with the Arnchor aboard", I laughed out loud and knew who had to have been in the irons.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Arlington Park

Send Russell Ba...err Bravo back to Monmouth.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:19 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
You were right, but it took absolute garbage riding on the two Brown horses. How was Minorette's speed not used there, even if to set up Xcellence? What a laugher that Lezcano takes back and lets the 5 sit off the 1 off a slow pace like that. Garbage ride by Bravo trying to take the 4 up the rail. Incredible incompetence.
You realize Abel Lezcano has more wins at Toga this meet then Jose (2-1). ****ing Pathetic.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Saratoga

MTH 4

$1 Trifecta - 10/4,5,8/2,4,5,6,7,8
$15
Old 08-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
The same on-going scenario in these four ad five horse fields. The pace is slow, the lead is given to a gross longshot on paper, and the race turns into a quarterhorse sprint. When you think about if, Duff One (#1, J.Ortiz) came within 3/4s of a length on that tremendous upset.

More interesting is that the pace and layout of that race put to the two Belmont Oaks players off the exacta.

Minorette did not seem to have the same pop so no fault to Lezcano there, but Chad Brown's other charge, Xcellence, is a head scratcher - a room full of top jockeys available, Bravo gets the chance, and gets pocketed and blocked in a four horse field. Exactly how does that happen? You can be sure that Jersey Joe does not see the back of this horse next time out.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Arlington Park

...aaaand I lose at Ellis because that idiot Castanon can't get the god damn class of the race out of the gate and takes him 10 wide around the turn.

This sport just ****ing blows. It's devolved so much in the last 5 years that we are lunatics for funding it.

The product is unacceptable nationwide.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Arlington 3
$.50 PK4 1,3,4,7,8,11/5,7,9,10,11,12/2,4,5,10/10
$72
Old 08-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Arlington Park

Good luck guys.

I'm not wasting the rest of my day depending on what a ****ing midget is or isn't going to do.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
The same on-going scenario in these four ad five horse fields. The pace is slow, the lead is given to a gross longshot on paper, and the race turns into a quarterhorse sprint. When you think about if, Duff One (#1, J.Ortiz) came within 3/4s of a length on that tremendous upset.

More interesting is that the pace and layout of that race put to the two Belmont Oaks players off the exacta.

Minorette did not seem to have the same pop so no fault to Lezcano there, but Chad Brown's other charge, Xcellence, is a head scratcher - a room full of top jockeys available, Bravo gets the chance, and gets pocketed and blocked in a four horse field. Exactly how does that happen? You can be sure that Jersey Joe does not see the back of this horse next time out.
As Maggie Wolfendale tweeted, how in hell can you get the kind of trip the 4 got in a 4 horse field? I can't imagine that Brown wanted both of his horses taken back there, it is like saying we are going to concede the race to the 5. The ride by Bravo there was awful and I agree there is zero chance he is getting back on that horse who is who I want out of this race.

I am just dumbfounded as to the strategy that went into the riding of that race in what is supposed to be the top colony in the country. Doug Salvatore was spot on when he said he would rather see Lezcano on the 4 than the 6, would have been a different result there.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Arlington Park

It looks shady as ****. I don't know any other way to put it.

What's going on with a lot of these races is unexplainable.

It's either blatant stupidity. To the point that they shouldn't have a riding license or they're fixing races.

And don't act like that **** doesn't happen. Especially in this economy.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
You realize Abel Lezcano has more wins at Toga this meet then Jose (2-1). ****ing Pathetic.
Stunning incompetence, but Bravo gets the bonehead award in that race. Lezcano is overrated, this is the second year in a row he has gotten a ton of live mounts and gotten nothing out of them, at least Abel has done a decent job with much lessor mounts.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

I always get into trouble when I bet what I think the
jockeys will do. They never do what I would do...
win
Old 08-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Longchamps

Toga 4

20 dd
3/2,5
Old 08-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
As Maggie Wolfendale tweeted, how in hell can you get the kind of trip the 4 got in a 4 horse field? I can't imagine that Brown wanted both of his horses taken back there, it is like saying we are going to concede the race to the 5. The ride by Bravo there was awful and I agree there is zero chance he is getting back on that horse who is who I want out of this race.

I am just dumbfounded as to the strategy that went into the riding of that race in what is supposed to be the top colony in the country. Doug Salvatore was spot on when he said he would rather see Lezcano on the 4 than the 6, would have been a different result there.
I think Duff One is the horse you want out of this race. Xcellence didn't have a great trip, but she was lousy IMO.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I think Duff One is the horse you want out of this race. Xcellence didn't have a great trip, but she was lousy IMO.
You could be right, but with those fractions she should have held on, think she is a step below these. Xcellence could have been better, but she wanted no part of going up the tight rail there.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Arlington Park

It's the Chode Brown mush. He has no idea what his horses prefer because it seems the majority of his stock are euros new to the barn.

He might as well move to Europe and train.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

AP R3
wp on#8
ex 8,11
tri 8,11 all
good luck
Old 08-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Longchamps

Ap 3

$20 win 7
Old 08-16-2014, 01:42 PM