Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Oaklawn

Default Scuds....Mag Perez Alert

Race#2 Sunday.....my boy Hudson Bank is back on a weeks rest. LOAD UP!!

Seriously, look at that last race - he went off at 104-1 and I hyped him up big time. That was a strong closing kick, you can say what you want about any pig plodding along for 4th, that was a good race from this guy. Not sure he will like the route here, as he prob is just a closing sprinter (not a good one at that). But he is 8-1 tomorrow....use him with the #3 & #4 to cash.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootdog1
Race#2 Sunday.....my boy Hudson Bank is back on a weeks rest. LOAD UP!!

Seriously, look at that last race - he went off at 104-1 and I hyped him up big time. That was a strong closing kick, you can say what you want about any pig plodding along for 4th, that was a good race from this guy. Not sure he will like the route here, as he prob is just a closing sprinter (not a good one at that). But he is 8-1 tomorrow....use him with the #3 & #4 to cash.
Actually,I HAVE MORE TROUBLE WITH THE TRAINER THAN THE HORSE. He probably could win quite a few races if somebody good were to claim him.Both races that he ran well in look very similar. 21'2 1st quarter.2 HORSES way in front battling.It's the sprinting Giacomo.I have no clue why they entered this race.Valid Again got 4th today.So,This horse could probably have gotten 3rd or 4th in that race.My issue with these horses(like this) is they have been eating for 5 or 6 years,and made under 16k.What's the least somebody has lost taking care of him? 100k??
Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Oaklawn

WOW, I was thinking the same thing comparing him to Valid Again.....god, please dont let me start thinking like SCUDS!!!!!!

Valid Again had been running in 4k and 8k claimers up north and he has the style that will get 3rd or 4th checks consistently as these cheap claimers are always loaded with speed that fades, but neither are good enough on top.......but I just cant help myself when I see these horses at big odds on the board.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Flemington

LOL.......Test that horse!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Oaklawn

Stakes placed next time out!!!!