Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Jerome Park

Default The Dance

This is really an amazing story and video...

In a Chinese modern dance competition on TV one very unique couple won one of the top prizes. The lady, in her 30's, was a dancer who had trained since she was a little girl. Later in life, she lost her entire left arm in an accident and fell into a state of depression for a few years.

Someone then asked her to coach a Children's dancing group. From that point on, she realized that she could not forget dancing. She still loved to dance and wanted to dance again. So, she started to do some of her old
routines, but, having lost her arm, she had also lost her balance. It took a
while before she could even make simple turns and spins without falling. Then she heard of a man in his 20s who had lost a leg in an accident. He had also
fallen into the usual denial, depression and anger type of emotional roller coaster. But, she was determined to find him and persuade him to dance with her..

He had never danced, and to dance with one leg....are said are you joking with me?? "No way!" But, she didn't give up, and he reluctantly agreed,
thinking, "I have nothing else to do anyway." She started to teach him dancing. The two broke up a few times because he had no concept of how to use his muscles, how to control his body, and knew none of the basics of
dancing.. When she became frustrated and lost patience with him, he would walk out.

Eventually, they came back together and started training seriously.
They hired a choreographer to design routines for them. She would fly high (held by him)with both arms (a sleeve for an arm) flying in the air... He
could bend horizontally supported by one leg, with her leaning on him, etc.

In the competition, as you will see, they dance beautifully and they legitimately won.

Really quite amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLVRQCjh8c
Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Coach Pants

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtrYU6vWdiE
Old 11-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Saratoga

The Dance

That was beautiful.

Really.

A triumphant poyem birthing more poyems.

It deserves the highest award NT has to offer..and has yet to offer.

~ &,&...& ~

The "and,and...and " award.With squiggly highlights.

The one that never stops awarding.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Saratoga

It's like a blind person marrying a deaf person.

No?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Jerome Park

I suppose it is..yes...

Many blind and deaf people on here I know that!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Saratoga

ii

! knwo ! a m n ot 1 of htme ' tahnk goondses
Old 11-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Churchill Downs

I finally had a chance to watch this... It's amazing what the human spirit can do when your heart is in to it.

I worked the Paralympics in Atlanta and learned disabilities don't matter to the person competing, they just love what they're doing. Lazy, egotistical, spoiled athletes and celebrities can learn from people with this kind of heart.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyCat View Post
I finally had a chance to watch this... It's amazing what the human spirit can do when your heart is in to it.

I worked the Paralympics in Atlanta and learned disabilities don't matter to the person competing, they just love what they're doing. Lazy, egotistical, spoiled athletes and celebrities can learn from people with this kind of heart.

Thanks for sharing!
Agree... Glad you could appreciate it and saw it for what it is. Few appreciate just how fortunate they really are ya know?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post
Agree... Glad you could appreciate it and saw it for what it is. Few appreciate just how fortunate they really are ya know?
I had a friend in junior high who was in a wheelchair, he had fallen off the roof when he was playing around with his older brother. You'd think it would have depressed the heck out him but he told me, "at least I'm alive, I missed cracking my head on the wood pile by six inches... And my brother feels so bad about he's done ALL my chores now for two years - how lucky am I?!"

You've got to see the positive in everything, even if someone else wouldn't see anything good in it at all