Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Woodbine

Default The Stan James Christmas Festival - Kempton Park

Anyone ever been? I will be in London and Wales from X-mas to New Years and was thinking of going to this day of Jump Racing.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:05 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARyan
Anyone ever been? I will be in London and Wales from X-mas to New Years and was thinking of going to this day of Jump Racing.
I've never been, but if you're talking about the meeting on Boxing day, then you really should go. You will see some of the best national hunt horses around. Last year's King George was won by this year's Cheltenham Gold Cup hero, Kauto Star, and it is likely that he will be there again this year in December.

You can be assured of watching some of the best national hunt horses that both the UK and Ireland have to offer.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
I've never been, but if you're talking about the meeting on Boxing day, then you really should go. You will see some of the best national hunt horses around. Last year's King George was won by this year's Cheltenham Gold Cup hero, Kauto Star, and it is likely that he will be there again this year in December.

You can be assured of watching some of the best national hunt horses that both the UK and Ireland have to offer.
That is the Boxing Day meet. I saw that he won last year. Looks like we are going. I am very excited about it.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARyan
That is the Boxing Day meet. I saw that he won last year. Looks like we are going. I am very excited about it.
You can be assured of good, competitve racing that day, which will be good. As i say, i've never been this particular meeting before, but i've been to Kempton many times and i like it there.

It's usually a great atmosphere on Boxing Day, with everyone in good spirits (or hungover) having a fun day at the races.

and now we murderers because we kill time