Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb View Post
Any word on how this will impact Dave Johnson and Bill Finley and their Down the Stretch Show? Used to listen on weekends, especially on my way to the track.
Down the Stretch and the HRRN Saturday morning show were both on Sirius 92 this last weekend, don't know if that will continue going forward or not.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Santa Anita

Upgraded to Premium this morning. Took literally 5 minutes via phone. Good to hear Steve's voice back on my radio.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger5830 View Post
Down the Stretch and the HRRN Saturday morning show were both on Sirius 92 this last weekend, don't know if that will continue going forward or not.
Quote:
Any word on how this will impact Dave Johnson and Bill Finley and their Down the Stretch Show? Used to listen on weekends, especially on my way to the track.
Yes.. Saturday programming is tied on at Sirius 92 & XM 92.

The one wrinkle this week has been our availability on Online 964 (instead of 962).
Old 09-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Upgraded to Premium this morning. Took literally 5 minutes via phone. Good to hear Steve's voice back on my radio.
Very kind Joey.. Thank you.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Sam Houston

Default Sirius 220 vs. XM 206

Does anyone know if the horse racing coverage on both channels is identical?
Old 09-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScreen View Post
Does anyone know if the horse racing coverage on both channels is identical?
Yes. Other than ATR (9a-12p live; 6-9a replay), HRRN is available 6-7p Wed-Thur-Fri.

Equine Forum & Down the Stretch are on Sirius 92 & XM 92 Saturdays.

All the programming -- including the fill-in HRTV audio -- is available at Online 964.

Last edited by Kasept : 09-22-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Sam Houston

Steve, thanks!

My Sirius radio is unable to exceed channel 184 and I've heard no HRTV audio fill-in programming on XM 206; just "programming will return later".
Old 09-23-2014, 04:20 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScreen View Post
Steve, thanks!

My Sirius radio is unable to exceed channel 184 and I've heard no HRTV audio fill-in programming on XM 206; just "programming will return later".
Sirius 220 is part of All Access/Premier package which is $4/mo above the basic subscription. For now, HRTV audio appears to be available only on SXM Online (962/964).
Old 09-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Flemington

Happy to have the morning replays back, but not sure why they had to dump 2 hours of HRRN for "programming returns later" loop. I liked listening to a race or 2 on my way home.
SXM, a great idea run by idiots.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:02 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Happy to have the morning replays back, but not sure why they had to dump 2 hours of HRRN for "programming returns later" loop. I liked listening to a race or 2 on my way home.
SXM, a great idea run by idiots.
Tom.. 220/206 should be running The Glenn Ordway Show 3-6p. HRRN 6-7p on W-TH-F...
Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Tom.. 220/206 should be running The Glenn Ordway Show 3-6p. HRRN 6-7p on W-TH-F...
yes, but they used to have HRRN from 3:30-7, not sure who would listen to Glenn Ordway outside of Boston.