Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Oriental Park

Default Bruce Pearl/ Vols

How bad did they look last night? I cant remember seeing a top ranked team play the sloppy defense and ghetto offense these guys ran last night. It looked like they had absolutely no game plan, no set plays, and the defense was terrible.

The Cards arent good, but they are coached well, and that made a 20 point difference last night. Any other coach remaining in the tournament could have taken UT to a final 4 birth, it was really disturbing to watch how poorly the game was managed and coached from the bench.

Disclaimer : I had no stake in the outcome, wagers off
Old 03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Coach Pants

Tennessee was overrated all season. Kentucky gave them fits and the cats were horrendous this season.

U of L's sophomore class is outstanding. I have no idea where you're getting the idea that they're not talented.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Oriental Park

The only thing I like about L'ville is the team defense. They play like a team is supposed to play. I dont think L'ville is nearly as good as UT player for player.

The real shame in the hole thing is Pearls play calling. They had no discipline at all, firing up 3's when they are sneaking back into the game. I thought UT weathered the best L'ville had early and when LV went into the half up only 7 after the poor officiating and terrible offensive sets by UT, surely they would make halftime adjustments. That never happened, they looked even worse. Pitono just coached Pearls pants off.

UT has been overrated all season, but they have a good core of kids. Theyve looked terrible every game in this tournament, just ill prepared to play this kind of basketball
Old 03-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Coach Pants

It was only Pearl's 3rd year at Tennessee and he led them to their best record ever. He had two good seniors and a bunch of dogs in the junior class. Not really much to work with against Louisville, especially when Lofton is injured.

He's a good coach, bid. They just ran into a better team last night.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Oriental Park

Ive never sat a practice maybe my opinion would be different. I think hes a good recruiter, but as far as coaching goes Ill wait till next years NCAA's. I just cant imagine a good coach letting his kids look that bad in the second half. The offensive sets they ran were just horrible and the defense was nonexistant.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
Ive never sat a practice maybe my opinion would be different. I think hes a good recruiter, but as far as coaching goes Ill wait till next years NCAA's. I just cant imagine a good coach letting his kids look that bad in the second half. The offensive sets they ran were just horrible and the defense was nonexistant.
I don't think he'll be there next year. Indiana is gonna go after him.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
It was only Pearl's 3rd year at Tennessee and he led them to their best record ever. He had two good seniors and a bunch of dogs in the junior class. Not really much to work with against Louisville, especially when Lofton is injured.

He's a good coach, bid. They just ran into a better team last night.
This may be true, but the defense that those kids played last night was nothing short of atrocious. Call a timeout and dig in their a$$e$.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel