Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Sha Tin

Philadelphia absolutely screwed up the Lee deal. They got less for him than AZ got for Edwin Jackson. Seattle got way better prospects for Lee despite having no leverage. If they keep Lee and let him sign somewhere else they get number 1 draft picks in return. If they trade him for players that will help them this year, maybe they wouldn't have had to slog through Kyle Kendrick and most of the bullpen. The fact that Halladay signed a far below market value deal and what they had to give oswalt makes the 9 million it would have cost them look like peanuts.

They took one of the most valuable assets in baseball, a playoff tested ace, and turned him into basically nothing.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
In the playoffs maybe. Overall, Halladay's easily better.
What is overall? Halladay's best isnt better than Lee's. He has had a better career but the last three years they are pretty even.

http://www.yankeeist.com/2010/10/how...ition-and.html
Old 10-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Havre de Grace

How the hell did they miss that foul call that badly on Berkman's AB?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Hey there are only 6 of them!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Philadelphia absolutely screwed up the Lee deal. They got less for him than AZ got for Edwin Jackson. Seattle got way better prospects for Lee despite having no leverage. If they keep Lee and let him sign somewhere else they get number 1 draft picks in return. If they trade him for players that will help them this year, maybe they wouldn't have had to slog through Kyle Kendrick and most of the bullpen. The fact that Halladay signed a far below market value deal and what they had to give oswalt makes the 9 million it would have cost them look like peanuts.

They took one of the most valuable assets in baseball, a playoff tested ace, and turned him into basically nothing.
I don't pay attention to the minor leagues too much and don't really know what the prospects they got for Lee have done. I was appalled this time last year at what the Indians got for Lee, but a year later the trade is looking a bit better. Isn't it too early to completely judge what the Phils got for Lee?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Did you see the Loser Douche in the front row giving Cruz **** after the homerun? He needs a solid beatdown, what a ****.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Did you see the Loser Douche in the front row giving Cruz **** after the homerun? He needs a solid beatdown, what a ****.
I liked the guy that pushed Cruz's glove down when he jumped up to make the catch. How is that at least not reviewed? I'm not saying it should have been overturned, but you have to at least review it.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
I don't pay attention to the minor leagues too much and don't really know what the prospects they got for Lee have done. I was appalled this time last year at what the Indians got for Lee, but a year later the trade is looking a bit better. Isn't it too early to completely judge what the Phils got for Lee?
No it isn't.
Phillip Aumonte was kicked back to high A after going 1-6 with a 7.43 era in AA. He was slightly less bad in single A going 2-5 with a 4.48 era.

JC Ramirez went 3-4 with a 5.45 era in double A. He also just had hip surgery.

Tyson Gilles missed most of the season with hamstring injuries but did manage to hit .238. He also was arrested on felony cocaine possesion.

Think there are any diamonds in that rough?

The problem was that no one else thought these guys were stud prospects before the trade. Cliff Lee should net you a 5 star or upper level 4 star prospect. In football terms a first or second round pick. They got 5th rounders with issues.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I liked the guy that pushed Cruz's glove down when he jumped up to make the catch. How is that at least not reviewed? I'm not saying it should have been overturned, but you have to at least review it.
I dont think they can review fan interference can they?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I dont think they can review fan interference can they?
I don't know. They should be able to.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
No it isn't.
Phillip Aumonte was kicked back to high A after going 1-6 with a 7.43 era in AA. He was slightly less bad in single A going 2-5 with a 4.48 era.

JC Ramirez went 3-4 with a 5.45 era in double A. He also just had hip surgery.

Tyson Gilles missed most of the season with hamstring injuries but did manage to hit .238. He also was arrested on felony cocaine possesion.

Think there are any diamonds in that rough?

The problem was that no one else thought these guys were stud prospects before the trade. Cliff Lee should net you a 5 star or upper level 4 star prospect. In football terms a first or second round pick. They got 5th rounders with issues.
I guess those names had been posted in a thread here before and I forgot. Oh well, mybe the bionic hip will help Ramirez.

I think there are some underlying issues with Cliff Lee none of us know about. Victor Martinez was one of the most liked and respected Indians ever, and Cliff Lee hated his guts. It reached the point where Lee would not even pitch to him. Martinez never caught him his last year and a half there before the trade. although not as bad as the Phils, I don't think the Indians got for him nearly what they should have either and the Phils had no hesitation getting rid of him after what he did for them gettign the guys you mentioned. It doesn't make much sense.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
I guess those names had been posted in a thread here before and I forgot. Oh well, mybe the bionic hip will help Ramirez.

I think there are some underlying issues with Cliff Lee none of us know about. Victor Martinez was one of the most liked and respected Indians ever, and Cliff Lee hated his guts. It reached the point where Lee would not even pitch to him. Martinez never caught him his last year and a half there before the trade. although not as bad as the Phils, I don't think the Indians got for him nearly what they should have either and the Phils had no hesitation getting rid of him after what he did for them gettign the guys you mentioned. It doesn't make much sense.
Member when Lee was having hat horrific year ..he hit an Hispanic player in the head in one game...and Martinez was furious over the fact Lee showed no concern...I think they had to be sep arated.....pretty sure Lee also spent 2 years in the Louisiana can...this sound right?
Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Flemington

Bengie says "One for the fat people..... Fat can still bat."

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 10-19-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Havre de Grace

Lincecum vs. Lee in Game 1 on October 27 in Arlington?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
He was ugly as sin to boot.

Side note--If Chuckles runs out Blanton tomorrow with this team's present hitting woes, I'd be feeling really really good with a SF/TEX World Series prop bet ticket in my hand.

Reverse mush?!?
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Flemington

LOL, Elvis seems like he's going for the Bobo-the-Clown look.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:34 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER View Post
Bengie says "One for the fat people..... Fat can still bat."
That suckers not healthy, he's HEALTHY....if you know what I'm sayin. I like how they were backtracking some big shots of his in the past, and in the next live shot he parks it.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:40 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
...pretty sure Lee also spent 2 years in the Louisiana can...this sound right?
I think you are referring to Derrick Todd Lee, not Cliff...and I think he might be in for longer than a couple of years?????
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
I think you are referring to Derrick Todd Lee, not Cliff...and I think he might be in for longer than a couple of years?????

Gopher, my very good friend......this last post is for you.

kiss-kiss,hug-hug..Dahling
Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
Lincecum vs. Lee in Game 1 on October 27 in Arlington?
If that were to be the case and god I hope the Orange and Black keep it up it would be Game 1 on October 27th at AT&T Park. Or wherever...Game 1 will either be at Citizens Bank or AT&T by virtue of the All-Star result and it's about time the Senior circuit got one.