Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-02-2006, 11:38 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat
opps he won at aqueduct, sorry you complete asshole

Highlight this buddy boy. Next time you wanan take the time to copy and paste a piece, complete with highlighting, remember that the time you spend would be much better invested figuring out what the hell you are talking about. Its tiresome.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Les Bois

With this field not being close to an all star field why not take a shot with a horse that obviously likes the track and has run similar figures to others in the race. I think he has just as much of a shot as Glitters, Blue Grass or anyone else. Probably will be included on my tickets.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:41 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.fager
He could still go to DE, that race isn't until mid to late July I believe.
I know when it is Fager, I'm saying I would have pointed him to that one instead with maybe another condition prep first or trained him up to it. The track there is speed favoring as a general rule and the distance a little bit less of a stress than going as far as he would be. I realize that syndicates need to promote themselves and participate in big races as often as possible.
I think hes a nice horse and a sharp horse.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I know when it is Fager, I'm saying I would have pointed him to that one instead with maybe another condition prep first or trained him up to it. The track there is speed favoring as a general rule and the distance a little bit less of a stress than going as far as he would be. I realize that syndicates need to promote themselves and participate in big races as often as possible.
I think hes a nice horse and a sharp horse.
I knew you did Oracle, just in case you didn't see my first post I was hbgbswanson back in the old digs.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
LOL!!! Tough luck dude. This is a nice one. Took him a while to come around, I know he was highly regarded and burned a lot of money at Gulf, of course one day he ran into Showing Up. Seems to be coming into his own. I can see taking a shot here, although I think I would have gone Leonard Richards with him at Delaware.
Did you have a piece of that freight train who won by 15 lengths up here last summer. I'm telling you, he would have been a NY bred champion, maybe an open graded stakes winner. His death was very very sad. His only race was incredible.
Showing Up and Bernardini. I didn't own any of the horse that I think you are talking about. My brother and I are buying into another with Dollase.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Secretariat

Quote:
Highlight this buddy boy. Next time you wanan take the time to copy and paste a piece, complete with highlighting, remember that the time you spend would be much better invested figuring out what the hell you are talking about. Its tiresome.
the only thing tiresome here is this completely erroneous believe that you have that you seem to think you have more intelligence than everyone whom come into contact with.

a more appropriate response from you, or anyone with even a hint if intellect and class would have been.

I think you might be mistaken, LOL, Bobandjohn has never run at belmont.

truely people with understanding of life do not throw out insults without a conscious feeling of disonance,
you seem to lack any understanding at all of how to interact with others.
i made a simple mistake , it could have easily been corrected with a laugh, you however don't seem capable of interacting socially with people in a consistent manner.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:53 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat
the only thing tiresome here is this completely erroneous believe that you have that you seem to think you have more intelligence than everyone whom come into contact with.

a more appropriate response from you, or anyone with even a hint if intellect and class would have been.

I think you might be mistaken, LOL, Bobandjohn has never run at belmont.

truely people with understanding of life do not throw out insults without a conscious feeling of disonance,
you seem to lack any understanding at all of how to interact with others.
i made a simple mistake , it could have easily been corrected with a laugh, you however don't seem capable of interacting socially with people in a consistent manner.

Block, you answer someone in a manner and disposition that is a result of how they spoke to you.
A more appropiate response to my original post from you would have been: Oracle why don't you like Bob and john if he has already won over the track?
You didn't say that. What you said was that I had bipolar vision.
I am quiet capable of proper and cheerful social interaction with somone as long as they provide me the same courtesy.
Best wishes
Old 06-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceller
Impossible to throw Sunriver out. He is the likely winner but will be overbet.
That is a BOLD statement considering his stablemate - Bluegrass Cat - has ALWAYS been a faster horse and everybody knows it...I guarantee Johnny V had his choice of mount and you can see who he chose...I'm not discounting SUNRIVER all-in-all because he is improving, but I think 5-2 is far more atrractive on Bluegrass Cat, who has been faster since day one, than 7-2 on Sunriver - only a point higher in the odds...just my opinion bro..
Old 06-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
That is a BOLD statement considering his stablemate - Bluegrass Cat - has ALWAYS been a faster horse and everybody knows it...I guarantee Johnny V had his choice of mount and you can see who he chose...I'm not discounting SUNRIVER all-in-all because he is improving, but I think 5-2 is far more atrractive on Bluegrass Cat, who has been faster since day one, than 7-2 on Sunriver - only a point higher in the odds...just my opinion bro..

Actually most people over the last two months thought Sunriver was the better of the two Pletcher colts. He has a win over the track and he needed his last race after his layoff. I still like High Finance.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaNative
Bob and John should get the lead and hold it most of the way.
High Finance could steal the race late.
I guarantee you that High Finance will be the pacesetter..he led his last two starts around one turn and will definately carve out the fractions stretching out around two-turns at 1 1/2-miles....no doubt about it here...Bob and John will be a stalker most likely along side Bluegrass Cat and maybe Depty Glitters..
Old 06-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
I guarantee you that High Finance will be the pacesetter..he led his last two starts around one turn and will definately carve out the fractions stretching out around two-turns at 1 1/2-miles....no doubt about it here...Bob and John will be a stalker most likely along side Bluegrass Cat and maybe Depty Glitters..
You are probably right. I just root for all of the WP horses.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Yeah I know, its pretty funny. You run into 15 people on a given day during Saratoga who tell you that "their" horse is running tomorrow, and when you ask who, they tell you the same horse all the others said, lol.
I don't think that they are taking an unreasonable shot here. Its tuly a wide open race and the Derby also rans who are running didn't earn very good sheet numbers that day. I guess I'm not seeing in Bluegrass Cat, Stepp, and Bob and John, and Deputy Glitters what the rest of you are seeing. I only see horses. Sunrivers last was very unimpressive, very slow race and life and death to beat a horse who isnt a whole lot.
I see no reason why an allowance horse couldnt get lucky with a good trip or good ride, especially one who is already stabled at Belmont and will be running on his home track. Belmont is a quirky track to race on, so having a win over it already is a big edge.

So in otherwords, you aren't holding Sunriver's ding-ding in this race?

IMO-SR is going to bounce which is why I am not going to play him. B&J reminds me of Birdstone. He just keeps running and running. Whether he is fast enough, we shall see. If SR doesn't bounce, I will be the first to say "WHOOPSIE!"
Old 06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceller
Actually most people over the last two months thought Sunriver was the better of the two Pletcher colts. He has a win over the track and he needed his last race after his layoff. I still like High Finance.
Dont think he neede his last race as much as others believe..I watched him work at CD several times and know for a fact that Pletcher had him fne tuned for the Derby had there been another defection, so he was plenty fit heading into the Peter Pan....if you believe he has A LOT of room to imprive off of that race then I think you are looking at him the wrong way..

...the bottomline is that if Pletcher really wanted him in he should have had Keyed Entry come down with a "Cold", "fever" or "foot bruise" the day of entries and put in Sunriver in stead...I believe he could've been sitting on a decent race in the Derby, but he would not have finished better than Bluegrass Cat IMO...Bluegrass Cat has been the BEST Pletcher 3-year-old going long from day one...don't confuse that.

Good luck with High Finance..his price will certainly be good...I just think you'll get a thrill for a little over a half-mile before he is enhaled by Bob and John/Bluegrass Cat/Deputy Glitters...we'll see!
Old 06-02-2006, 12:37 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
So in otherwords, you aren't holding Sunriver's ding-ding in this race?

IMO-SR is going to bounce which is why I am not going to play him. B&J reminds me of Birdstone. He just keeps running and running. Whether he is fast enough, we shall see. If SR doesn't bounce, I will be the first to say "WHOOPSIE!"
Buffy people who analyze races and horses objectively don't have horses that they just bet everytime. Last time out I thought he was a cinch. He won, but not in the manner I would have liked. Therefore, I'm not sure if I will use him in the top slot in the Belmont or not. I don't hold horses "ding dings".
I just loved Western Revenges chances in the 1st at belmont, he won. But if he comes back next time against a field I don't think he can beat, I won't like him. Thats just how I am, I try and analyze things objectively.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Santa Anita

[quote=oracle80]Buffy people who analyze races and horses objectively don't have horses that they just bet everytime. Last time out I thought he was a cinch. He won, but not in the manner I would have liked. Therefore, I'm not sure if I will use him in the top slot in the Belmont or not. I don't hold horses "ding dings".

Just ribbing you a little. No harshness meant. I agree with you about him. I like the horse, but I think he is going to bounce.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Pimlico

Quote:
I was using and old Dos software for my first look at the Belmont. It has B&J on the lead about two lengths ahead of BGC at the first call, High Finance is about 7 lengths behind.
Granted it is an old program but it is still fairly accurate.
However if what you say is true and High Finance attempts to take the lead from B&J then they are both toast. Out with H F and in with Steppenwolfer.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaNative
I was using and old Dos software for my first look at the Belmont. It has B&J on the lead about two lengths ahead of BGC at the first call, High Finance is about 7 lengths behind.
Granted it is an old program but it is still fairly accurate.
However if what you say is true and High Finance attempts to take the lead from B&J then they are both toast. Out with H F and in with Steppenwolfer.
I am almost CERTAIN High Finance will be your pacesetter...he has sprinter's speed and has run his best races dictating the pace....plus, I believe his connections feel like the only way they'll be effective is to attempt to put him on a clear early lead and hope he can slow it down and kick on (or steal it to be frank).....he'll be on the early lead...book it....If he lays 7-lengths off of it he has ZERO chance to win or even hit the board IMO..I still don't think he can handle this bunch yet and will ONLY set the pace and fade to the rear.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Pimlico

Quote:
I am almost CERTAIN High Finance will be your pacesetter...he has sprinter's speed and has run his best races dictating the pace....plus, I believe his connections feel like the only way they'll be effective is to attempt to put him on a clear early lead and hope he can slow it down and kick on (or steal it to be frank).....he'll be on the early lead...book it....If he lays 7-lengths off of it he has ZERO chance to win or even hit the board IMO..I still don't think he can handle this bunch yet and will ONLY set the pace and fade to the rear.
I agree if that is the plan he will fade and take B$J with him.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Ellis Park

They didn't enter High Finance to have a horse in the Belmont. They think he can win and there really isn't anything impressive in there. If the track favors speed that day he could go wire to wire.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Secretariat

where do you people get the idea that Bobandjohn will set the pace in this race, he has a closing turn of foot, he has NEVER been on the lead until the third call ever.