Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Default vick told NO camp

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7052768?FSO2&ATT=MA

goodell tells MV to stay home. just the beginning of a probable suspension.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Havre de Grace

Kinda have mixed feelings about this one! Due Process is incomplete.....but a Federal indictment was handed down. The high profile of this case demands action....but he'll probably still get his paycheck!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I have to say, this Goodell is really starting to grow on me.
I think he made a mistake on Tank....already been suspended and fined....then Goodell adds more!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I have to say, this Goodell is really starting to grow on me.
yeah, i liked how he handled pacman, and now this. it's what the league needs--it's what (ahem) the MLB needs.

after all, if the ref from the nba resigns while being investigated--no indictments as yet mind you, now vick gets benched (should have been years ago, but that's just me) and yet bonds, who is being investigated, and supposedly indictments are forthcoming, merrily makes his way from stadium to stadium, while selig seemingly ignores it all. he's like an ostrich in the sand.

it's a shame tho that atlanta didn't do so first--is this so the commish is the bad guy? or did he have to be so, since atlanta wouldn't fall on its sword?
daunte sign with anyone yet??
Old 07-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
Kinda have mixed feelings about this one! Due Process is incomplete.....but a Federal indictment was handed down. The high profile of this case demands action....but he'll probably still get his paycheck!
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7033242

note in there tim, where it says about vick putting himself in the position to be indicted. gruesome stuff.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7033242

note in there tim, where it says about vick putting himself in the position to be indicted. gruesome stuff.
Oh, I definately think the indictment is warranted,no question(in addition to a sound thrashing) Any time you break (or bend) a law you are asking for trouble!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Oh, I definately think the indictment is warranted,no question(in addition to a sound thrashing) Any time you break (or bend) a law you are asking for trouble!
i was pointing to that as to why the nfl felt the need to have him sit. most likely for the season, or longer if this isn't resolved.
altho, he may be looking at more serious stuff than being benched.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
he probably did, although Tank's no saint. He did just do a term in prison. Would you get your job back if you just got out of prison? I know I wouldn't. That's what bothers me about some athletes. They have the opportunity to play a game as a job. And make an obnoxious amount of money doing it. Far too few guys apprciate it for what it is.
DH: that's what I mean...Tank spent time in jail for the guns and stuff and the Bears had suspended him some games, and then Goodell piles on! It's not like PacMan who just disregarded every rule in the book.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
i was pointing to that as to why the nfl felt the need to have him sit. most likely for the season, or longer if this isn't resolved.
altho, he may be looking at more serious stuff than being benched.
Agreed....but an indictment still must run it's course, and this punk will draw his check, unlike Tank Johnson, who after paying fines and prison time(paying his debt,so to speak) has no job and is suspended for half the season. That doesn't seem right to me!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
DH: that's what I mean...Tank spent time in jail for the guns and stuff and the Bears had suspended him some games, and then Goodell piles on! It's not like PacMan who just disregarded every rule in the book.
but he isn't just a chicago player, but an nfl player. i'd imagine it's all in writing about code of conduct etc. and of course he was a repeat offender...whether it was overkill, i don't know. but i don't really feel bad for the guy. violated probation, so he obviously didn't learn his lesson the first time, and continued to make some pretty bad choices.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...n_N.htm?csp=34

it says in that article that the bears suspended him one game for being at the club where the shooting occurred--surely there was more from chicago than that?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Agreed....but an indictment still must run it's course, and this punk will draw his check, unlike Tank Johnson, who after paying fines and prison time(paying his debt,so to speak) has no job and is suspended for half the season. That doesn't seem right to me!
yeah, i saw that they will give him his preseason pay, but johnson was convicted, vick has yet to be tried. maybe that has something to do with it, altho of course it's still early on in the nfl movements on this, so who's to say if he ends up with anything as far as pay?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Havre de Grace

I don't think Tank played in post season. And since his debt was paid in prison, there's a latin phrase...ex post facto...after the fact.....that's the part that Goodell is ignoring!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I don't think Tank played in post season. And since his debt was paid in prison, there's a latin phrase...ex post facto...after the fact.....that's the part that Goodell is ignoring!
depends on what's in their contract. all that fine print about code of conduct, etc.
kind of like the military--there are laws saying you can't suffer double jeopardy, try telling the JAG that!

from the initial article: violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy," Goodell said in a letter to the quarterback
Old 07-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
depends on what's in their contract. all that fine print about code of conduct, etc.
kind of like the military--there are laws saying you can't suffer double jeopardy, try telling the JAG that!

from the initial article: violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy," Goodell said in a letter to the quarterback
Well...there's THAT!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Ray

Quote:

indictment does not need to run its course for the NFL to take action they are a private Company and have that right on top of that all this stuff is in the contracts all these guys sign they have strong ground to stand on and I say good **** Mike Vick he is a Ghetto over paid Bum who has never and will never win anything. I hope he gets time.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

be out of football for good.. by just being involved in this.
that would get the rest of the nfl players attention. to go my the book.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Flemington

Just from listening to the reports about what he's accused of doing.....that's some really disgusting stuff.

If true, that is one seriously messed up person.

He makes Pacman Jones look like a wonderful person. Going to strip clubs with rowdy, thug, friends who get you in trouble doesn't make you a bad person. Vick, on the other hand, is more than deserving of everything he gets. Assuming these four witnesses the feds have are even slightly credible.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Detroit Race Course

Goodall made the right call.

NFL has reserves the right to suspend and more without the legal due process. Someone mentioned the "obscene amount of money"...so keeping your conduct squeaky clean should be enough of an enticement to behave.

Personally, I'd send Vick straight to Guantanomo and forget about him and his legal rights.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i saw yesterday where atlanta had intended to give him a four game suspension.

wooooooow. tough love that.

thank god for goodall, since many owners haven't got the intestinal fortitude (read cajones) to stand up and say NO to their star players.

altho, vick is so incredibly overrated-i don't see star stats under his name. not even top 20 last year in qb's, with a 52% pass completion. well on his way to the hall of fame! or hall of shame. more pr and hype than substance. so why put up with so much, pay so much for an average player??

what am i thinking?! he sells tickets.

money talks.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Havre de Grace

coach-killa!