Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
I am not disagreeing. I think the guy is immensely talented. But...there is a huge price you pay when he is on your team. He kills chemistry if not in the locker room then certainly on the floor. But this has already been discussed ad naseum.

I have never been in an NBA locker room so i dont really pay too much attention to the off the court stuff because i really dont understand it. To me, its what you do on the court that counts. Thats why I would take a guy like Ron Artest any day of the week. Or Stephen Jackson. Zbo gets points and boards but invariably he will lose you games by doing something stupid or kill the clock and any type of ball movement by holding it too long in the post. Yeah, he will get you stats but your team will still lose. That track record is proven as well isnt it?
I'll never argue on his behalf as one of the smartest guys or best teammates. I also will never hold his team's records against him. He's played for some pretty horrible teams and I don't think anyone could have won with them. The Knicks, Clippers, and now Memphis? Jordan couldn't win with those teams.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 11-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
I'll never argue on his behalf as one of the smartest guys or best teammates. I also will never hold his team's records against him. He's played for some pretty horrible teams and I don't think anyone could have won with them. The Knicks, Clippers, and now Memphis? Jordan couldn't win with those teams.
Dont you think there is a reason why good teams have no interest in him?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Dont you think there is a reason why good teams have no interest in him?
Or that bad teams want to get rid of him...quickly! This is a 20/10 guy that can move a little and is still relatively young. Why do these teams just want to dump him?
Old 11-01-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Or that bad teams want to get rid of him...quickly! This is a 20/10 guy that can move a little and is still relatively young. Why do these teams just want to dump him?
We stay stuck on the same point. You guys want to keep harping on what kind of person and teammate he is. I've not disagreed with you. You want to keep harping in how he might effect team chemistry. I don't disagree with you. I do think that team chemistry is a very overrated thing. Shaq and Kobe didn't get along and it didn't hurt the Lakers. Notice how successful teams take chances on guys that supposedly hurt chemistry. The Bulls and Spurs both picked up Rodman. The Celtics sign Rasheed Wallace. The Lakers get Artest. The Patriots get Randy Moss. Instead of worrying about chemistry, the Yankees sign A-Rod and he plays the same position as the resident god Jeter.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 11-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
We stay stuck on the same point. You guys want to keep harping on what kind of person and teammate he is. I've not disagreed with you. You want to keep harping in how he might effect team chemistry. I don't disagree with you. I do think that team chemistry is a very overrated thing. Shaq and Kobe didn't get along and it didn't hurt the Lakers. Notice how successful teams take chances on guys that supposedly hurt chemistry. The Bulls and Spurs both picked up Rodman. The Celtics sign Rasheed Wallace. The Lakers get Artest. The Patriots get Randy Moss. Instead of worrying about chemistry, the Yankees sign A-Rod and he plays the same position as the resident god Jeter.
But the difference is that those guys are all basically team players first, with the possible exception of ARod. If it is possible, his 20-10 is an empty number. Not to mention that he is completely useless as a defender because he puts zero effort into it. Sometimes we forget that basketball players spend an equal amount of time defending or in his case not defending. At the trade dealine there will be tons of interest in 2 Memphis players. Gasol and Gay. I'd be willing to bet that no contender will have the slightest interest in you know who.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
But the difference is that those guys are all basically team players first, with the possible exception of ARod. If it is possible, his 20-10 is an empty number. Not to mention that he is completely useless as a defender because he puts zero effort into it. Sometimes we forget that basketball players spend an equal amount of time defending or in his case not defending. At the trade dealine there will be tons of interest in 2 Memphis players. Gasol and Gay. I'd be willing to bet that no contender will have the slightest interest in you know who.
It is entirely possible to put up a hollow 20-10. I've always thought that Garnett specialized in it and against the Lakers and Shaq, so did Chris Webber. I think that Randolph does it too. He doesn't have an impactful 20-10. I understand about the defensive end too but there's two ways to look at it. Because of his level of offensive production, you rarely will have him being outproduced on the other end. Where Randolph fails bad is as a help defender and a weak-side defender. Where he fails on the offensive end is with the ill-timed three or not hitting an open cutter for an easier shot. I don't think we are too far off in our opinion of him. There are other guys that will give you less production numbers wise that I'd take over him in a heartbeat. Lamar Odom comes to mind. But I also really appreciate his production and his consistency and would always take a guy like that on my team. Sometimes it's good to be able to know you can plug in a guy and count on 20-10 every night. Hollow or otherwise, there just aren't that many guys in the world that you can count on that from and to have done it for this long under this many different conditions, I totally respect that ability.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
The Curragh

JJ Redick will have a breakout year if given the chance.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
JJ Redick will have a breakout year if he gets to play in the WNBA.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
JJ Redick will have a breakout year if given the chance.
Depends on what you would define as a breakout year. So far though, it's looking like he will be a solid contributor to that team.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Sha Tin

D Wade was tonight
Old 11-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

want to talk about hollow 20-10 guys?......I give you my personal favourite.....

CHRIS BOSH

It's always been my belief that somebody has to score...give a guy enough touches, run the ball through a guy enough times, focus the offense on the perceived star and voila....20-10.

He will not stay in Toronto after this year..(Thankfully)...and whomever pays max dollars for him in 2010-11, will discover he's...slow, cannot play defense and clogs up the lane.The true test to me has always been they way he has been defended. NBA coaches have never felt they needed to double team him. That to me speaks volumes.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
First Game:

DeJaun Blair - 14 points, 11 rebounds
Ty Lawson - 17 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds

What is wrong with NBA GMs? These were the two non lottery guys in our draft discussions that virtually everyone agreed were going to be effective pros. Yet Lawson went 18th and Blair went 37th and teams allowed contenders to snatch them up. When are NBA GMs going to realize how valuable the sure thing is and stop reaching on these guys with tremendous upside potential? There is a reason the gap keeps widening between the have and have nots.
Brandon Jennings, one of those "potential" guys who went 8 spots before Lawson and 27 spots before Blair, is averaging 22 ppg 5 assists and 4 rebounds while shooting 48% from the field and 50% from 3.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel Kant
want to talk about hollow 20-10 guys?......I give you my personal favourite.....

CHRIS BOSH

It's always been my belief that somebody has to score...give a guy enough touches, run the ball through a guy enough times, focus the offense on the perceived star and voila....20-10.

He will not stay in Toronto after this year..(Thankfully)...and whomever pays max dollars for him in 2010-11, will discover he's...slow, cannot play defense and clogs up the lane.The true test to me has always been they way he has been defended. NBA coaches have never felt they needed to double team him. That to me speaks volumes.
and 99 out of 100 people would still take him over Randolph