Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Oriental Park

Default Results of the Wagers on the Players Contest - REVISED

Cal828 was the definitive winners of the Gallivan contest at a very generous price of $18.46 for each $2 wagered. 2 of our astute players wagered on Cal to win. The results, pending any inquiry, are as follows:

Place - Roamin42 - $230.80

Win - JolyB - $369.20

Thanks to all who played in this fun contest and to Don Guido for keeping this tradition going

Last edited by JolyB : 11-06-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Oriental Park

Hold all tickets - the Stewards are reviewing the results based on the scoring revision. Corrected payouts and announcement of winners will occur shortly.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:25 PM
Oriental Park

REVISED and FINAL Results.

I thought that it would take me a while to recalculate the winner of our Wager on the Players Contest. Turns out that it was a piece of cake due to a series of coincidences.

(1) The total amounts wagered on Cal, the initially announced winner, and Don Guido, the ultimate winner, were exactly the same. Therefore the odds were identical.

(2) The wagers that were placed on each of them were identical, namely one wager for $40 and the other for $25. Therefore the amounts of the payouts were exactly the same.

(3) The player who placed the winning $40 wager on Cal also placed the winning $40 wager on Don Guido. Therefore the winner was the same. It is evident from that our winner is much more talented at handicapping the talent of people than he is at picking horses.

So, having spent about 45 seconds calculating this revision (most of which was spent getting the Curta out of storage), here are the amended and restated results:

Don Guido was the definitive winners of the Gallivan contest at a very generous price of $18.46 for each $2 wagered. 2 of our astute players wagered on Don to win. The results, pending any inquiry, are as follows:

Place - Plenilune - $230.80

Win - JolyB - $369.20

Thanks to all who played in this fun contest and to Don Guido for keeping this tradition going
Old 11-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Oriental Park

I didn't even get in on this . . . but not sure I would have be on myself anyway. Thanks JB.