Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Santa Anita

Default HOY sense

Albertrani shoots his mouth off. He tells us its this and that, blah blah blah...where was he in the Fla Derby, the KY Derby, the Belmont ? HE WASN'T THERE and neither was Bernardini...

Barbaro is easily the HOY, not a pretender like Bernardini and Albertrani.

Last edited by paisjpq : 10-08-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Fairgrounds

It's a "wait and see thing right now". If Bernardini wins the BC Classic, he's HOY hand down. Much repsect to Barbaro, but I'm not sure if he woulda beaten Bernardini or Preakness day. But if Bernardini doesn't win the Classic, I agree with you 100%. THE CLASSIC MEANS EVERYTHING...
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...
Old 10-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Hawthorne

barbaro is not in the picture. bernardini, lava man, or invasor. the winner of the classic wins hoy. one of those three will win. nobody else has a shot. somebody else might finish ahead of lava man or invasor, but only lava man or invasor could finish ahead of bernardini.

bernardini is going to be hoy. he is 5-6 lenghts better than anything out there.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Aqueduct

The only thing that is becoming very clear to me is and this comes from reading several of your posts.

Sumitas=Absolutely Clueless I am putting it nicely.

Tommy Albertrani is one of the Good guys in racing today and I say that because I know him pretty well.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:33 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
Albertrani shoots his mouth off. He tells us its this and that, blah blah blah...where was he in the Fla Derby, the KY Derby, the Belmont ? HE WASN'T THERE and neither was Bernardini...

Barbaro is easily the HOY, not a pretender like Bernardini and Albertrani. He can shove his .
where was he?
he was preparing his horse and not rushing him to meet your stupid expectations of what a HOY campaign is...
whether he beats out Barbaro for HOY or not (and I say he does) your comments about Tom Albertrani are way off base...the times that I have spoken to him he has been nothing if not classy. The man is proud of his horse and how exactly can he controll the cowards who won't run against him?
Old 10-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Randwyck

Quote:

The only thing that makes me happier than Bernardini winning is seeing whiners marinate in their own misery. Right - Tom was supposed to rush a maiden breaker into the Florida Derby just in case the horse turned out to be a monster so that, as a pre-emptive strike, he could defend himself later against any haters out there.

Enjoy your bitterness
Old 10-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:

bernardini and albertrani are pretenders? this is the best 3yr old in 30 years and the guy training him deserves a ton of the credit. you can ruin a great horse pushing him too quickly.

in my opinion this is the best horse since spectacular bid. too bad they are going to retire him. his action is perfection. glides over the track.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Sheepshead Bay

The HOY is between Bernardini and Lava Man, Invaisor might have a shot at it if those two falter, but not likely. It's a shame what happened to Barbaro, but Bernardini is a better dirt horse than him, that's no knock on Barbaro. I guess all that we can hope for is that LM and Bernardini get an honest race and may the best horse win, which will probably be Bernardini, but at least we'll get to really see how great he is. I think the whole shipping and Lava Man thing is getting blown out of proportion, he wasn't right, both of those times. On the big race days Churchill scrapes that track and it very much resembles a California track and the California runners do just fine. I thought LM ran a very good race yesterday and with all of his G1's this year, if he wins the Classic, he's HOY, but he'll have to earn it just like Bernardini will have to and then there will be no debate as to how great Bernardini is or how good LM is....
Old 10-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
The HOY is between Bernardini and Lava Man, Invaisor might have a shot at it if those two falter, but not likely. It's a shame what happened to Barbaro, but Bernardini is a better dirt horse than him, that's no knock on Barbaro. I guess all that we can hope for is that LM and Bernardini get an honest race and may the best horse win, which will probably be Bernardini, but at least we'll get to really see how great he is. I think the whole shipping and Lava Man thing is getting blown out of proportion, he wasn't right, both of those times. On the big race days Churchill scrapes that track and it very much resembles a California track and the California runners do just fine. I thought LM ran a very good race yesterday and with all of his G1's this year, if he wins the Classic, he's HOY, but he'll have to earn it just like Bernardini will have to and then there will be no debate as to how great Bernardini is or how good LM is....
there is no way of knowing if bernardini is better than barbaro would have been. bernardini deserves hoy over him though because he has accomplished more. injuries are part of racing.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution
there is no way of knowing if bernardini is better than barbaro would have been. bernardini deserves hoy over him though because he has accomplished more. injuries are part of racing.

There's no way of knowing, that's true, but I bet on Bernardini in the Preaknes, heck even my wife who might watch a couple races a year, looked at the pp's and told me to put $20 to win on Bernardini. I think Bernardini still wins the Preakness, even if Barbaro didn't break down, because Barbaro was coming off of a huge top and running back on short rest, I think Bernardini would have won anyway, because those other horses were all over the top anyway...
Old 10-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
There's no way of knowing, that's true, but I bet on Bernardini in the Preaknes, heck even my wife who might watch a couple races a year, looked at the pp's and told me to put $20 to win on Bernardini. I think Bernardini still wins the Preakness, even if Barbaro didn't break down, because Barbaro was coming off of a huge top and running back on short rest, I think Bernardini would have won anyway, because those other horses were all over the top anyway...
there is no way of knowing. it is a pointless discussion. barbaro might have won by 5 or lost by 5. his derby was just too good to say he might not have won the preakness.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Coach Pants

If you were basing HOY only on Saturday then the nod would go to Lava Man. Really impressive giving 9lbs in the Goodwood.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Oaklawn

Classic winner, or whomever finishes ahead of whom, between Invasor, Bernardini and Lava Man is HOY.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Washington Park

No way Barbaro gets HOY. If 'Dini doesnt get it, Lava Man should. To me, each have already done more in their careers than the Derby winner...

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Old 10-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Churchill Downs

The award will go to either Lava Man or Bernardini depending on who finishes ahead of who in the Classic.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Oriental Park

If Lava Man wins the Classic hes horse of the year. That being said I dont think he stands a chance, hes still had a hell of a year out on the West Coast. I do think hes a cut below Bernardini, however I think hes on par with Invasor.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Narragansett Park

We all love Barbaro, but it's probably Bernardini, Lava Man or maybe Invasor for HOY .... BCC will sort things out.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Dee Tee Stables

here's a question....
what if the three all finish up the track? what if david junior wins for instance??? lol
or sun king? hey, it's horse racing! anything can happen!
Old 10-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Santa Anita

i agree that the classic will play a huge part. all 3 could finish up the track and that puts Barbaro back on top.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
i agree that the classic will play a huge part. all 3 could finish up the track and that puts Barbaro back on top.
Do you honestly see a scenario where all 3 are out of the money?

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian