Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumtaz
You know, we have to make sure we get the cookie-dough-eating-monster-blinkers-on-head pre-race good luck angle done on KNS next race
Now that the blinkers have been worn by KNS, I got an "ewww" when I suggested she try them on again before the next KNS race.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I am surprised by this but I understand it. She absolutely had to run a top today and I think she has the potential to get into the 5's TG wise, and 5's win minor stakes races

Were you drinking early today?

Listen to your fearless leader, Mr. Byk, if someone lost their mind, and claimed her for 50, Chuck and Steve should be anointed your own personal saviors.

She ran a winning race today, and with Chuck there's no reason she won't run one next time, so please concentrate on running her where she can win.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Now that the blinkers have been worn by KNS, I got an "ewww" when I suggested she try them on again before the next KNS race.
She's all girl

See her little finger? You're wrapped around it, Daddy
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind

Listen to your fearless leader, Mr. Byk, if someone lost their mind, and claimed her for 50, Chuck and Steve should be anointed your own personal saviors.

She ran a winning race today, and with Chuck there's no reason she won't run one next time, so please concentrate on running her where she can win.
I had forgotten you had such a way with words.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Flemington

Thanks again to all! Today was a blast. Didn't see her in the post parade, was she late? Had so much fun watching the race- it's hard to explain- but definitely my favorite race ever. Happy to be a small part of Dee Tee. Way to go KNS! A lot of horses would have quit with that trip. In fact there was a point in deep stretch that for 1 second I thought she was going to finish off the board, then she exploded and nearly won!

By the way, she looked fantastic today.

Can't Wait for 08!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse
Thanks again to all! Today was a blast. Didn't see her in the post parade, was she late? Had so much fun watching the race- it's hard to explain- but definitely my favorite race ever. Happy to be a small part of Dee Tee. Way to go KNS! A lot of horses would have quit with that trip. In fact there was a point in deep stretch that for 1 second I thought she was going to finish off the board, then she exploded and nearly won!

By the way, she looked fantastic today.

Can't Wait for 08!
don't know how many have seen the head-on view. i think she got a good ride considering all the trouble she had. top of the stretch KNS tried to follow the #7 through a hole but it closed and she kept her nose in there. then was pinched between the #7 on the outside and the #1 on the inside and still didn't back down. our nervous girl showed some real guts today! we can't wait to see her run again. GREAT job team Simon!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Flemington

I wasn't faulting the ride, anytime you can save ground on the turf it's a good thing. Sometimes you just need a little luck and she didn't get it. IMO she was the best in the race today- maybe next time.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

So you don't think with continued improvement she could win one of those garbage 45k stakes races they run at hilarious tracks. I do. Maybe I am wrong, that is why I bother you all the time with hilarious questions
Old 12-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
So you don't think with continued improvement she could win one of those garbage 45k stakes races they run at hilarious tracks. I do. Maybe I am wrong, that is why I bother you all the time with hilarious questions

I think you should be concentrating on taking advantage of her NW2L condition and then take it from there. I wish all of you the best of luck, and hope she improves dramatically, but at this point she's a mid level claimer at best. But, an excellent claim for $20K.

I applaud Chuck for finding the horse. When I looked at her pps earlier today I was impressed. Always good to claim someone you're confident you can improve upon.

I may be wrong, and I don't want to burst your bubble, but I doubt you'll be receiving owners treatment on Bev D day.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I think you should be concentrating on taking advantage of her NW2L condition and then take it from there. I wish all of you the best of luck, and hope she improves dramatically, but at this point she's a mid level claimer at best. But, an excellent claim for $20K.

I applaud Chuck for finding the horse. When I looked at her pps earlier today I was impressed. Always good to claim someone you're confident you can improve upon.

I may be wrong, and I don't want to burst your bubble, but I doubt you'll be receiving owners treatment on Bev D day.
LOL! Bev D day, I love it. I wasn't putting her even in Grade 3 company, YET!!!

I am too much of an optimist sometimes.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Belmont Park

Had nothing but trouble, had to be checked twice and still closed like a bandit...

http://www.tampabaydowns.com/DailyReplays.aspx
Old 12-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
LOL! Bev D day, I love it. I wasn't putting her even in Grade 3 company, YET!!!

it sure doesn't hurt to dream. this time last year most of us never thought we'd own even a piece of a race horse, let alone 4!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
it sure doesn't hurt to dream. this time last year most of us never thought we'd own even a piece of a race horse, let alone 4!
Being a dreamer only get you so far, it is acting on those dreams.

if I was there today I would have gotten her up, a quick wink at Rosemary and she would have wanted to get back to the barn real quick
Old 12-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

if I was there today I would have gotten her up, a quick wink at Rosemary and she would have wanted to get back to the barn real quick
She wouldn't have needed to get to the barn.....they usually have a stall reserved for vomiting in the jock's room.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
She wouldn't have needed to get to the barn.....they usually have a stall reserved for vomiting in the jock's room.
EASY!!! I know I left myself open there but COME ON!!! LOW BLOW, for me and the jockeys!!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:

Nah - still just kind of green....

You remind me a lot of a partner I used to have. Nice guy, a fun time to be with at the track, and a legendary handicapper in his own mind.

He used to second-guess every horse I claimed for us, and then after we'd get one that would win first or second time out, he'd start perusing the condition books for stakes races - all over the country. Since we typically claimed in the $5k to $15k levels in Maryland, and never had a lot of capital, it wasn't logical to find stakes at Hoosier for our newest $7.5k claimer/winner. But it never stopped him.

He eventually wore me down as a manager and we parted company after 4 years of sharing a lot of win photos. It was a good day when he told me he was leaving the partnership. He's out on his own and has done ok managing his own deal.

While I hope he learned a little from me during our time as partners, one thing for sure he never learned to do as an owner - to relax. The horses always told us where they wanted to go and usually ran their poorest when we'd get a stupid attack and run them over their heads.

Relax.....
Old 12-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by phystech
Nah - still just kind of green....

You remind me a lot of a partner I used to have. Nice guy, a fun time to be with at the track, and a legendary handicapper in his own mind.

He used to second-guess every horse I claimed for us, and then after we'd get one that would win first or second time out, he'd start perusing the condition books for stakes races - all over the country. Since we typically claimed in the $5k to $15k levels in Maryland, and never had a lot of capital, it wasn't logical to find stakes at Hoosier for our newest $7.5k claimer/winner. But it never stopped him.

He eventually wore me down as a manager and we parted company after 4 years of sharing a lot of win photos. It was a good day when he told me he was leaving the partnership. He's out on his own and has done ok managing his own deal.

While I hope he learned a little from me during our time as partners, one thing for sure he never learned to do as an owner - to relax. The horses always told us where they wanted to go and usually ran their poorest when we'd get a stupid attack and run them over their heads.

Relax.....
Very true, green is perfect. I'll straighten out. I just want good things to happen to the good people involved.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
EASY!!! I know I left myself open there but COME ON!!! LOW BLOW, for me and the jockeys!!

It's late, I'm tired, and I couldn't resist. You tossed me the perfect alley oop.....and at my size you have to slam them down when you can.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Newmarket

Great race! watched with Ralph & Fatty the bartender (Howie had a colonoscopy appointment). Even Joe the owner was impressed. Didn't think the odds would be that low, but covered all the bases and cashed tickets in all the exotics. Next time out in this class....4/5 or less! We've been really blessed with both runners, 7 starts with 4 runner-up spots.....can't ask for anymore than that! Great job Chuck, TC & the girls.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 12-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis
Had nothing but trouble, had to be checked twice and still closed like a bandit...

http://www.tampabaydowns.com/DailyReplays.aspx
Super replay. Tx much. KNS was the best and ran a brave race. As a fan of KNS I'd say have patience. Chuck will guide her to the right spots at the right time.