Ak-Sar-Ben

Default Invasor ?

Will he run in the Classic ???
Old 10-18-2006, 11:45 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaf
Well he is being pointed to the Classic and he was supplemented so I would assume he is going to attempt to make thje classic.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Coach Pants

Probably not.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaf
Now that they have supplemented him I think he will run.

I also think GW running in the Classic increased the likelihood of Invasor running. Not only do the Sheikhs want insurance in case Bernardini runs poorly but they'd also love to do everything they can to assure the Coolmore horse is off the board.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:02 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Now that they have supplemented him I think he will run.

I also think GW running in the Classic increased the likelihood of Invasor running. Not only do the Sheikhs want insurance in case Bernardini runs poorly but they'd also love to do everything they can to assure the Coolmore horse is off the board.
Sniper, you are usually pretty accurate with what you post, but you earlier indicated that after missing the first deadline (that Lava Man met), it would have cost Invasor $750K to enter the BC Classic. That led several posters (including me) to seriously doubt the connections' intentions to run in the Classic. However, an option to get in for $250K is very different than having to fork over $750K.

http://derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5432

At any rate, I'm glad to see that he's on target for the Classic. Your comment on the GW effect is interesting, and may well be right.

--Dunbar
Old 10-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar
Sniper, you are usually pretty accurate with what you post, but you earlier indicated that after missing the first deadline (that Lava Man met), it would have cost Invasor $750K to enter the BC Classic. That led several posters (including me) to seriously doubt the connections' intentions to run in the Classic. However, an option to get in for $250K is very different than having to fork over $750K.

http://derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5432

At any rate, I'm glad to see that he's on target for the Classic. Your comment on the GW effect is interesting, and may well be right.

--Dunbar
Yeah, there are some bizzaro issues with the new rule they passed this year. It would have costed $750,000 to supplement him to the race but only $150,000 or $250,000 to nominate him as a horse of racing age under the new rule which makes me wonder why anyone would ever supplement. I guess maybe if you supplement it gets added to the purse for the race while a nomination of a horse of racing age just goes right to the Breeders' Cup funds. Sorry for the confusion, the articles were confusing me with the talk of $750,000 too.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

It would be great to see Bernardini, Lava Man, & Invasor all meet up together in the classic.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaf
It would be great to see Bernardini, Lava Man, & Invasor all meet up together in the classic.
looks like it's going to happen...invasor supplemented, lava man settling in nicely at keeneland, bernardini doing as well as ever.
i don't generally wish my life away in big chunks, but i sure with tomorrow was nov 4!!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Lincoln Fields

It's too bad Invasor didn't make the JCGC. One - if he had won that race is would have been a very special accomplishment to win 4 of the more historic Grade I's not only on the East Coast but in the country ( Pim Special, Suburban, The Whitney, and JCGC). Two - Now he is going into the race with a three month lay off last running in the Whitney. I just don't know if he will have it that day. I hope so, he is the forgotton superstar this year and has accomplished just as much as the other two has but without the fanfare. If he can pull it off then Kiran McGlaughlin deserves a tremednous amoutn of credit.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd
It's too bad Invasor didn't make the JCGC. One - if he had won that race is would have been a very special accomplishment to win 4 of the more historic Grade I's not only on the East Coast but in the country ( Pim Special, Suburban, The Whitney, and JCGC). Two - Now he is going into the race with a three month lay off last running in the Whitney. I just don't know if he will have it that day. I hope so, he is the forgotton superstar this year and has accomplished just as much as the other two has but without the fanfare. If he can pull it off then Kiran McGlaughlin deserves a tremednous amoutn of credit.
He ran just fine in the Pimlico Special off a two month layoff that included shipping from Dubai so I don't know how big of a problem the layoff will be for him. Keep in mind that he ran the Pimlico Special slightly faster than Bernardini ran the Preakness the following day despite getting a 108 Beyer as opposed to 113 for Bernardini and those figures certainly factored into the subsequent figures given to Invasor and Bernardini. The difference in Beyers between them may not be very significant at all.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
He ran just fine in the Pimlico Special off a two month layoff that included shipping from Dubai so I don't know how big of a problem the layoff will be for him. Keep in mind that he ran the Pimlico Special slightly faster than Bernardini ran the Preakness the following day despite getting a 108 Beyer as opposed to 113 for Bernardini and those figures certainly factored into the subsequent figures given to Invasor and Bernardini. The difference in Beyers between them may not be very significant at all.
I think that the Beyer different that day certainly was very odd. But as for the performance, I can't say I feel the same way as u do. It's hard to say if the layoff was no issue for him that day because he didn't really have to run at all in order to win the race. He only carried 116 pounds and only had to be the great Wanderin Boy and West Virginia. He beat WB by 1 1/4 and WV by five. For whatever it's worth, when he faced those two again in the Whitney, he beat them both by larger margins than in the Special.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 10-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
I think that the Beyer different that day certainly was very odd. But as for the performance, I can't say I feel the same way as u do. It's hard to say if the layoff was no issue for him that day because he didn't really have to run at all in order to win the race. He only carried 116 pounds and only had to be the great Wanderin Boy and West Virginia. He beat WB by 1 1/4 and WV by five. For whatever it's worth, when he faced those two again in the Whitney, he beat them both by larger margins than in the Special.
I'm not saying he hasn't improved since. What I am saying is if he was given a 113 instead of a 108 in that first race it is quite possible his subsequent figures would have been approximately 5 points higher (I'm going on the assumption that the Suburban and Whitney were single race variants). That would make him 113/116/118 coming in which would put him right on par with Bernardini.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
I'm not saying he hasn't improved since. What I am saying is if he was given a 113 instead of a 108 in that first race it is quite possible his subsequent figures would have been approximately 5 points higher (I'm going on the assumption that the Suburban and Whitney were single race variants). That would make him 113/116/118 coming in which would put him right on par with Bernardini.
It would put him on par numbers wise. I think anyone with two working eyes though could see how those numbers have been earned and see that performance wise, they are on two different planets.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 10-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
It would put him on par numbers wise. I think anyone with two working eyes though could see how those numbers have been earned and see that performance wise, they are on two different planets.
Yeah, the only real question is whether Bernardini goes faster when challenged or slower or just runs the same speed. Chances are strong that he goes faster but we won't be sure until November 4th.