Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-17-2006, 06:50 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
plus if Mike watchmaker knows anything (which I happen to think he does) this is what he had to say...And last week, Tagg removed Showing Up from consideration for both the Breeders' Cup Turf and Breeders' Cup Mile,

I doubt showing up goes in the BC, it's just not Tagg's style.

Well when Barclay did that, GW was considered as going in the mile.
With GW going in the classic instead, and with that powerhouse performance this past weekend, they may reconsider.
Barclay isn't the type of guy(when left to his own devices by owners who don't try to pretend that they know more about the game than he does) to take a three year old who has a bright future and run him at Belmont, ship and run 3 weeks later, ship back to Belmont and then ship out to Hollywood to run 3 weeks later again.
They have to make a decision on way or the other.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Revolution, you know nothing, and I doubt the friends or brother know much more.
Tagg will not race this horse 3 times in 9 weeks, he will NOT do that.
Is it theoretically possible? yes, just about everything is.
But a responsible trainer like Tagg will not risk putting his horse through the grind of that schedule and all that shipping on a horse with a very bright future.
Its either gonna be BC or Hollywood, but not both.

First, it would be 3 races in 6 weeks, not 9 weeks. And you are telling me I know nothing. That is funny.

Second, Pride and Hurricane Run are going to have 3 races in 5 weeks at longer distances with a trip from Europe if they come. This is grass racing, not dirt racing. Learn something you fool.

Third, George Washington, the poster, knows a hell of a lot more about this horse than you, and he e-mailed me that Showing Up is probably going to the Breeders Cup for the mile, and then the Hollywood Derby if he comes out of the race ok. He then is going to be off until the end of January when he will be looking at the Sunshine Millions Turf at Gulfstream (and I am going with Nostradamus).

Considering George Washington, the poster, told you George Washington was going to the Classic, and you and eurobounce said he knew nothing, I think he knows quite a bit more about these horses than you.

Last I checked he was the one introducing me to Mr. Jackson on Saturday, not you.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:06 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution
First, it would be 3 races in 6 weeks, not 9 weeks. And you are telling me I know nothing. That is funny.

Second, Pride and Hurricane Run are going to have 3 races in 5 weeks at longer distances with a trip from Europe if they come. This is grass racing, not dirt racing. Learn something you fool.

Third, George Washington, the poster, knows a hell of a lot more about this horse than you, and he e-mailed me that Showing Up is probably going to the Breeders Cup for the mile, and then the Hollywood Derby if he comes out of the race ok. He then is going to be off until the end of January when he will be looking at the Sunshine Millions Turf at Gulfstream (and I am going with Nostradamus).

Considering George Washington, the poster, told you George Washington was going to the Classic, and you and eurobounce said he knew nothing, I think he knows quite a bit more about these horses than you.

Last I checked he was the one introducing me to Mr. Jackson on Saturday, not you.

He also told us he was definitely going to the mile(GW on GW the horse).
Thats a pretty neat trick, basically you just cover all the bases and then take credit for being right.

I really like this horse(Showing Up) and think he will be the US based division leader next year.
I always admire talent.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
He also told us he was definitely going to the mile(GW on GW the horse).
Thats a pretty neat trick, basically you just cover all the bases and then take credit for being right.

I really like this horse(Showing Up) and think he will be the US based division leader next year.
I always admire talent.

There is no need to lie Oracle. Please show me the tread where Chris said GW was going to the mile.

I see here where he said he was going to the Classic.
http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5634

I also see another thread where he said Eurobounce shouldn't be saying GW is going to the mile because no decision has been made. He knew that because he knows that guy Tim over there.

Facts, Oracle. Show me facts. Provide the link if you say somebody said something.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:58 AM
oracle80

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5439
Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Cute Oracle, throw up a thread and people will think it is somewhere in there. This thread has eurobounce saying he is going to the mile and Chris saying eurobounce doesn't know what he is talking about.

Why don't you pull the language from this thread where he says what you claimed he said.

I love you phonies that go around saying how you never lie and you are above everyone. 99% of the time you guys are the biggest liars.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Keeneland

"George Washington is going to run in the Classic? Thanks for the tip. First I heard of it. A couple weeks ago the people here told me the guys at ballydoyle would never do that. I guess you guys know better than the people who train the horse and the people that bred him. I will let them know it is ok with derbytrail.

Just to let you know, Dylan Thomas had nothing to do with the decision. It has to do with his future stallion career."

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
Aussie Rules doesnt stand a chance in the Mile. GW needs to be in the Mile.

"Yes. I believe you told us this weeks ago. Put it at 74% or something. I think Ballydoyle knows what they are doing, but I will let Corballis know.

Oracle, still waiting for you to tell me who your friend is that knows Dr. O'Byrne."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, he sounds conflicted... he can't make his mind up whether or not he's going in the mile or the BCC.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
10-08-2006, 11:37 PM
georgewashington
Sunshine Park Join Date: Aug 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Washington is going to run in the Classic? Thanks for the tip. First I heard of it. A couple weeks ago the people here told me the guys at ballydoyle would never do that. I guess you guys know better than the people who train the horse and the people that bred him. I will let them know it is ok with derbytrail.

Just to let you know, Dylan Thomas had nothing to do with the decision. It has to do with his future stallion career.

It is. And you left out the eyewink.

Oracle claimed to know somebody at Ballydoyle and Chris gave him his friends name there and Oracle was going to tell him who he knew there. Oracle never produced a name. He is a liar. I went with Chris to Belmont one morning and we waited for Oracle to show up at the Vet Village and he never showed. The guy loves to call everyone liars and is the biggest liar here.

There was an original post before this where eurobounce said GW was going to the BCM and Chris said he shouldn't post that because GW might not be coming at all or he might go to the Classic.

Last edited by Revolution : 10-17-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Oracle claimed to know somebody at Ballydoyle and Chris gave him his friends name there and Oracle was going to tell him who he knew there. Oracle never produced a name. He is a liar. I went with Chris to Belmont one morning and we waited for Oracle to show up at the Vet Village and he never showed. The guy loves to call everyone liars and is the biggest liar here.
I find it comical that you're calling him a liar, yet when Scav posted this as fact that your buddy "georgewashington" was saying he WASN'T going in the BCC, you can't just accept that...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
"George Washington is going to run in the Classic? Thanks for the tip. First I heard of it. A couple weeks ago the people here told me the guys at ballydoyle would never do that. I guess you guys know better than the people who train the horse and the people that bred him. I will let them know it is ok with derbytrail.

Just to let you know, Dylan Thomas had nothing to do with the decision. It has to do with his future stallion career."

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
Aussie Rules doesnt stand a chance in the Mile. GW needs to be in the Mile.

"Yes. I believe you told us this weeks ago. Put it at 74% or something. I think Ballydoyle knows what they are doing, but I will let Corballis know.

Oracle, still waiting for you to tell me who your friend is that knows Dr. O'Byrne."

IMO, he sounds conflicted... he can't make his mind up whether or not he's going in the mile or the BCC.
The thread says it right in it. He is 51-49 to go in the Classic. They originally were saying here he was going in the mile and he was saying they didn't know that.

Oracle then shot off his mouth about who he knew at Ballydoyle and Chris called him on it. He couldn't provide a name. What a surprise.

I don't trust anything my housemate, Nostradamus, says, but his brother is in the business. He doesn't lie either. He doesn't even gamble, which was shocking to me.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I find it comical that you're calling him a liar, yet when Scav posted this as fact that your buddy "georgewashington" was saying he WASN'T going in the BCC, you can't just accept that...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
What did Scav post as fact? Provide the language. Also provide where it says he WASN'T going to the BCC.

Do you people all just defend Oracle as your savior? Now I see why Nostradamus loved it here. You all are full of it, he fits right in.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
What did Scav post as fact? Provide the language. Also provide where it says he WASN'T going to the BCC.

Do you people all just defend Oracle as your savior? Now I see why Nostradamus loved it here. You all are full of it, he fits right in.
Believe me, I don't defend Oracle all the time, but I'm sorry... he is right in this case. You were called out on a blatant lie and now you can't handle it. It was posted already by myself and Scav. COMEDY!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Hawthorne

Chris was right, this board is full of crap. People twist facts. I guess that is what type of board you should expect when the "leader" of the board is someone who can't get along with a person like Michael Dickinson.

This is a very Dutrow-like board. I think I am going to stick to the boards where people aren't lunatics.

I didn't think Oracle was some guy with low self-esteem who is nobody in the business, but I should have listened to the guys who know what they are talking about.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
oracle80

Quote:

There was an original post before this where eurobounce said GW was going to the BCM and Chris said he shouldn't post that because GW might not be coming at all or he might go to the Classic.
More outright lies. Show me the post where I said I knew someone from Ballydoyle.
Its pretty sad that every other word out of your mouth is an outright lie.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Monmouth Park

so is Wild Desert running in the BC Classic?
Volponi angle.

Repent
Old 10-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by repent
so is Wild Desert running in the BC Classic?
Volponi angle.

Repent
Reported in Thoroughbred Times TODAY, he will either go to the Classic or the Clark.

Rebel Rebel to the Morvich on the 29th then to the Hong Kong Mile.

They are still 'on the fence' with Kip Devill who is not nominated to the program.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:18 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
Reported in Thoroughbred Times TODAY, he will either go to the Classic or the Clark.

Rebel Rebel to the Morvich on the 29th then to the Hong Kong Mile.

They are still 'on the fence' with Kip Devill who is not nominated to the program.
Seek,
I talk to Mike Sherack now and then on the phone and am friendly with him, I'll ask him about Desert.
I just now got off the phone with good friend and client Sanford Robbins who is a partner in both Kip Deville and Rebel Rebel, he just had some surgery and was calling to tell he "made it", lol. He said they hadn't decided on Kip yet and he is looking forward to Rebel Rebel's races.
Hes also a partner in Wonder Lady Anne L(he originally owned all of her) and said he will be running soon and that they had made a decision to race on with her instead of retiring her.
I don't know how people can talk out of one side of their mouths that retiring horses is killing the game, then out of the other side of their mouths bash guys who take a crack with a longshot and keep their horses in training and running. Obviously they aren't Bernadini type horses, but nonetheless these guys are real gamers and love to race their horses.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Seek,
I talk to Mike Sherack now and then on the phone and am friendly with him, I'll ask him about Desert.
I just now got off the phone with good friend and client Sanford Robbins who is a partner in both Kip Deville and Rebel Rebel, he just had some surgery and was calling to tell he "made it", lol. He said they hadn't decided on Kip yet and he is looking forward to Rebel Rebel's races.
Hes also a partner in Wonder Lady Anne L(he originally owned all of her) and said he will be running soon and that they had made a decision to race on with her instead of retiring her.
I don't know how people can talk out of one side of their mouths that retiring horses is killing the game, then out of the other side of their mouths bash guys who take a crack with a longshot and keep their horses in training and running. Obviously they aren't Bernadini type horses, but nonetheless these guys are real gamers and love to race their horses.
Tell him to give Wild Desert lots of kisses and peppermints and send him my best with whatever they decide. (I'm very fond of this good looking horse if you haven't noticed)

I FULLY agree with your bolded statement.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Monmouth Park

thanks for the info Sightseek and Oracle.

forget the peppermints,
tell them to run the horse in the BC Classic.
ran just fine at CD earlier in the year in the Alysheba Stakes(I think that was the name of the race).

take a shot,
he will not embarrass himself.

Repent