Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Suffolk Downs

Default Oracle..IEAH buys Wild Desert?

I heard they bought him.Is this true? they must by flying high after yesterday.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:42 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3
I heard they bought him.Is this true? they must by flying high after yesterday.
I have absolutely no idea if they did or didn't. I only call IEAh when I have a horse they might be interested in and I don't ask Rick about his personal business with horses I have nothing to do with.
They have to excited about Kip not only because he won again, but because he finally rated kindly and finished well. It bodes well for his future as a horse to not be one dimensional.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I have absolutely no idea if they did or didn't. I only call IEAh when I have a horse they might be interested in and I don't ask Rick about his personal business with horses I have nothing to do with.
They have to excited about Kip not only because he won again, but because he finally rated kindly and finished well. It bodes well for his future as a horse to not be one dimensional.

What race did Kip win?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
What race did Kip win?
see keeneland
Old 10-16-2006, 10:47 AM
oracle80

Quote:
What race did Kip win?
He won the stakes race at Keeneland yesterday on the grass at a mile under Leparoux.
And I just went to the IEAh website and they have anounced on the site that they bought an interest in Wild Desert. He ran a very good 2nd in the Meadowlands Cup the other night, and looks like the type who if well spotted can earn a lotta dough. Hes also won close to a million bucks and is by a sire who was really starting to take off before dying an early death. Millionaires who are graded winners can usually find someplace to stand at stud.
I like going to their website a lot because of the stretch replay of a race that greets you when you log in.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
He won the stakes race at Keeneland yesterday on the grass at a mile under Leparoux.
And I just went to the IEAh website and they have anounced on the site that they bought an interest in Wild Desert. He ran a very good 2nd in the Meadowlands Cup the other night, and looks like the type who if well spotted can earn a lotta dough. Hes also won close to a million bucks and is by a sire who was really starting to take off before dying an early death. Millionaires who are graded winners can usually find someplace to stand at stud.
I like going to their website a lot because of the stretch replay of a race that greets you when you log in.

Thanks Mike. It is good they scratched him out of that Belmont race and put him in a real nice spot! It looks like their strategy paid off!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Thanks Mike. It is good they scratched him out of that Belmont race and put him in a real nice spot! It looks like their strategy paid off!
Finding the right spot is what its all about in this game. Ricky plays that game as well as anyone alive.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Flemington

Quote:
You forgot to mention that he is really awesome looking too.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:01 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
You forgot to mention that he is really awesome looking too.
You shoulda told me you were gonna be at that sale yesterday, I would have come over and said howdy. I live a mile from the place, but I stayed home and watched racing and football.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Finding the right spot is what its all about in this game. Ricky plays that game as well as anyone alive.
Pletcher does it just a little better. No knock on Dutrow but putting the horse in his previous race against Brilliant was moronic. You don't run speed horses in a swamp.

Kip was smart to avoid Showing Up. Showing Up put up another 107 beyer. Kip put up a nice 97.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution
Pletcher does it just a little better. No knock on Dutrow but putting the horse in his previous race against Brilliant was moronic. You don't run speed horses in a swamp.

Kip was smart to avoid Showing Up. Showing Up put up another 107 beyer. Kip put up a nice 97.

That swamp was unavoidable and noone knew when pointing to that race that conditions were going to be that bad.
Brilliant was dreadful on Saturday with a no excuse perfect trip.
And as Dutrow was smart to avoid Showing Up, so was Tagg smart to avoid the big boys again in the BC this year.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Flemington

Quote:
You shoulda told me you were gonna be at that sale yesterday, I would have come over and said howdy. I live a mile from the place, but I stayed home and watched racing and football.
Next time! I'm sure you were much more warm than I was though!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:06 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
Next time! I'm sure you were much more warm than I was though!
Yeah, the choice between standing in the cold watching em run 250 NY breds through a ring or watching racing and football in a warm house really wasn't a choice I had to struggle with.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
That swamp was unavoidable and noone knew when pointing to that race that conditions were going to be that bad.
Brilliant was dreadful on Saturday with a no excuse perfect trip.
And as Dutrow was smart to avoid Showing Up, so was Tagg smart to avoid the big boys again in the BC this year.
I lost money on Kip that day.

George Washington, the poster, says the Jacksons plan on speaking to Tagg about the Breeders Cup mile now that George Washington, the horse, is confirmed for the Breeders Cup Classic.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
What race did Kip win?
What race? What race? Why it was the 6th running of the famed Bryan Station.. They'll write songs about it! The one they were sure Showing Up wouldn't be in..
Old 10-16-2006, 11:10 AM
oracle80

Quote:
I lost money on Kip that day.

George Washington, the poster, says the Jacksons plan on speaking to Tagg about the Breeders Cup mile now that George Washington, the horse, is confirmed for the Breeders Cup Classic.
I would consider it as well if I were them. The Mile can always be won by any good horse. Its a race where the trip is the key to the whole thing, you get 12-14 horses trying to go around two turns in tight quarters and you are always going to need tremendous luck in order to win.
I guess they have to consider whether or not they wanna go there and skip the Hollywood derby, or just go to Hollywood where they would be heavily favored in a big purse. As sharp as Showing Up is right now, I really would think running him in the mile would be a good idea.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Yeah, the choice between standing in the cold watching em run 250 NY breds through a ring or watching racing and football in a warm house really wasn't a choice I had to struggle with.
LOL, I imagine not!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
I would consider it as well if I were them. The Mile can always be won by any good horse. Its a race where the trip is the key to the whole thing, you get 12-14 horses trying to go around two turns in tight quarters and you are always going to need tremendous luck in order to win.
I guess they have to consider whether or not they wanna go there and skip the Hollywood derby, or just go to Hollywood where they would be heavily favored in a big purse. As sharp as Showing Up is right now, I really would think running him in the mile would be a good idea.

They can run in both the Hollywood Derby and the Breeders Cup. They are 3 weeks apart.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:41 AM
oracle80

Quote:
They can run in both the Hollywood Derby and the Breeders Cup. They are 3 weeks apart.
Revolution, you know nothing, and I doubt the friends or brother know much more.
Tagg will not race this horse 3 times in 9 weeks, he will NOT do that.
Is it theoretically possible? yes, just about everything is.
But a responsible trainer like Tagg will not risk putting his horse through the grind of that schedule and all that shipping on a horse with a very bright future.
Its either gonna be BC or Hollywood, but not both.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:45 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Revolution, you know nothing, and I doubt the friends or brother know much more.
Tagg will not race this horse 3 times in 9 weeks, he will NOT do that.
Is it theoretically possible? yes, just about everything is.
But a responsible trainer like Tagg will not risk putting his horse through the grind of that schedule and all that shipping on a horse with a very bright future.
Its either gonna be BC or Hollywood, but not both.
plus if Mike watchmaker knows anything (which I happen to think he does) this is what he had to say...And last week, Tagg removed Showing Up from consideration for both the Breeders' Cup Turf and Breeders' Cup Mile,

I doubt showing up goes in the BC, it's just not Tagg's style.