Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
convicted and on trial? for what?
Google.com
Old 08-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants II View Post
I want Hillary to win. Then all they have is "b-b-but Congress".
She is "incredibly impressed" with brave victim Megyn Kelly.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hillary-d...rageous-trump/

Maybe by embracing Fox News' most attractive racist she thinks she can win over the right? Pretty smart, actually.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
She is "incredibly impressed" with brave victim Megyn Kelly.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hillary-d...rageous-trump/

Maybe by embracing Fox News' most attractive racist she thinks she can win over the right? Pretty smart, actually.
megan kelly a brave victim? ha!
i hope hilary doesn't win the nomination for the democrats, i can't stand her.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Santa Anita

Bubba wants an intro to Megyn.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
megan kelly a brave victim? ha!
i hope hilary doesn't win the nomination for the democrats, i can't stand her.
Unfortunately, Bernie can't even figure out when his stage gets over run by an extremist hate group.

You'd have to hope HRC would have better judgement - but then again, if you would take in her entire state department resume, maybe not
Old 08-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/disney-ja...ng-anniversary
Old 08-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Unfortunately, Bernie can't even figure out when his stage gets over run by an extremist hate group.

You'd have to hope HRC would have better judgement - but then again, if you would take in her entire state department resume, maybe not
i hate she was ever put in state, and i still can't believe the whole email thing..or that no one ever questioned her email the whole time she was in that dept.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.outsports.com/2015/8/12/9...lton-maldonado
Old 08-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/...rnor_just.html

In July, Wisconsin governor and presidential candidate Scott Walker signed a budget that slashed $250 million from his state's higher education system. Wednesday, he signed a bill that would spend $250 million of taxpayer funds on a new stadium for the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Santa Anita

Whether one agrees or disagrees with government financing of sports facilities, this was as bipartisan as it gets. Slate's senior business and economics correspondent (Democratic operative with a byline) seems to have missed that.

Quote:
Assembly Speaker Robin Vos has taken the floor to start debate on the Bucks financing deal, saying the current package is better than the original proposal.

He said the deal amounts to state taxpayers contributing $3.5 million annually, while the state takes in $6.5 million in revenue. On top of that, local governments will cover the majority of the cost, the Rochester Republican said.

"It is cheaper for us to pass this bill," Vos said, "than to defeat it and let the team leave."
Quote:
A steady stream of Dems are standing and speaking in support of the Bucks financing deal.

They also are repeatedly saying they had strong reservations about the original proposal but have since swing toward full support. Rep. Christine Sinicki, D-Milwaukee, was one of them.

"I could not justify spending millions of dollars on a sports arena," she said, "when in reality, the last budget we passed was the worst budget in the history of the state of Wisconsin."

Assembly Minority Leader Peter Barca, D-Kenosha, said it has become clear during discussions about the deal that it's a "total plus across the spectrum."

"When you analyze it, if nothing happens other than this great arena getting built," he said, "the taxpayers still win."
Quote:
So far, no one has spoken in opposition to the public financing deal for the Bucks arena.

One after another, Dems and Republicans are standing in support, stressing it would cost the state much more if the team leaves and it would be a black eye for Milwaukee.

Rep. Dale Kooyenga, R-Brookfield, spoke to those in the Assembly who might oppose the deal because they don't believe the public should subsidize a professional sports arena. He said as a CPA, the numbers just make sense.

"We've reached a point where if we do nothing," Kooyenga said, "we subsidize them to leave."
Quote:
The Bucks financing deal has passed the Assembly on a 52-34 bipartisan vote.

Thirty-five Republicans and 17 Dems voted in favor, while 20 Republicans and 14 Dems voted against.
http://quorumcall.wispolitics.com/
Old 08-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

the only thing that struck me is that if you don't have money for education...but you have it to build an arena for rich people? just seems skewed priorities to me.
and it doesn't matter to me that it's a bipartisan deal (see gore vidal quote for why), but that it doesn't seem to make sense.

"It makes no difference who you vote for — the two parties are really one party representing four percent of the people."or, if you prefer his slightly longer take:

There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party … and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt — until recently … and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties.

or, finally:

“With modern technology it is the easiest of tasks for a media, guided by a narrow group of political manipulators, to speak constantly of democracy and freedom while urging regime changes everywhere on earth but at home. A curious condition of a republic based roughly on
the original Roman model is that it cannot allow true political parties to share in government. What then is a true political party: one that is based firmly in the interest of a class be it workers or fox hunters. Officially we have two parties which are in fact wings of a common
party of property with two right wings. Corporate wealth finances each. Since the property party controls every aspect of media they have had decades to create a false reality for a citizenry largely uneducated by public schools that teach conformity with an occasional advanced degree in consumerism.”
― Gore Vidal

Last edited by Danzig : 08-12-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Out Sports didn't look very hard for a comment. Or maybe if they had published it, the story might not have been picked up with as much furor by Vox, Advocate, HuffyPo...

Quote:
Floyd County Schools Superintendent Dr. Henry Webb, who only learned of Maldonado’s omission Wednesday morning, told USA TODAY High School Sports that the information his office has been able to determine indicates the omission was “sheer human error.”

“First off, the Floyd County School System holistically supports Dalton Maldonado just as we do all our students,” Webb said. “He is a great athlete and a great person. We are one of the only school districts in the country who put out a yearbook-style annual that covers every school in the system. That’s where this came up, and Dalton was featured in 15 photos throughout the book. We counted. He’s featured in the most spirited section and the school pride section and in multiple cases he’s pictured playing basketball, which makes sense because he was a great player for us. He was a very popular student, and we support him.

“After I learned of his omission this morning, I launched a full investigation. At this point, what I’ve been able to glean is that he was left out by sheer human error. There were other students left out of other activities as well, which happens in a district-wide publication like this. It’s unfortunate. If the investigation determines that the student was taken out of the section for some other reason, whoever is responsible will face swift and serious consequences.”
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/dalton-m...yearbook-photo
Old 08-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Out Sports didn't look very hard for a comment. Or maybe if they had published it, the story might not have been picked up with as much furor by Vox, Advocate, HuffyPo...

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/dalton-m...yearbook-photo
good!
Old 08-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Saratoga

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0QO1I520150819

"Under the deal, Fogle would serve between five and 12 years in prison, pay $1.4 million in restitution to 14 minor victims, register as a sex offender and meet other conditions."

never will look at a Subway the same again.......
Old 08-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0QO1I520150819

"Under the deal, Fogle would serve between five and 12 years in prison, pay $1.4 million in restitution to 14 minor victims, register as a sex offender and meet other conditions."

never will look at a Subway the same again.......
That jerk had the nerve to make a statement about being shocked when his buddy got busted. What a creep.

Worse than a creep...paying for sex with minors.

Last edited by Danzig : 08-19-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
That jerk had the nerve to make a statement about being shocked when his buddy got busted. What a creep.

Worse than a creep...paying for sex with minors.
They must have had the dope on this POS and more for hime to plea for this deal...and yes, what a creep. I hope this doesnt affect Subway, they have a good product and it would be a shame for the franchise owners to take a hit for this criminal
Old 08-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
They must have had the dope on this POS and more for hime to plea for this deal...and yes, what a creep. I hope this doesnt affect Subway, they have a good product and it would be a shame for the franchise owners to take a hit for this criminal
I agree that the franchise owners shouldn't pay for his depravity...gotta wonder who does the background checks for the company though...
Old 08-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I say no deal! Keep him locked up and away from kids for the rest of his life.
bastard.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Wonder if he offered folks a six inch or a foot long....sorry, couldn't resist the obvious!
Old 08-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
Wonder if he offered folks a six inch or a foot long....sorry, couldn't resist the obvious!

Oooooo...maybe too soon?

Nah, never too soon for a joke