Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Aqueduct

We have Raced a Woodbine For Several Years and One thing I thought Would Work Really Well If they Would Do it(But know they never Will).

1st IS too Stop Running Harness Races at Woodbine and Keep them Strictly at Mohawk, Most of the harness people hate the shipping part every day anyway.

2nd I would take the harness track which I believe is 7/8's of a mile and turn it into a dirt track that way you could race on all three surfaces (Dirt, Poly and turf) and when the Weather is good you could card races on all three.

THere also would be alot of options for a racing Secretary when you would have all 3 surfaces.

Like I said its just a thought I feel certain that it will never happen
Old 12-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Pen View Post
We have Raced a Woodbine For Several Years and One thing I thought Would Work Really Well If they Would Do it(But know they never Will).

1st IS too Stop Running Harness Races at Woodbine and Keep them Strictly at Mohawk, Most of the harness people hate the shipping part every day anyway.

2nd I would take the harness track which I believe is 7/8's of a mile and turn it into a dirt track that way you could race on all three surfaces (Dirt, Poly and turf) and when the Weather is good you could card races on all three.

THere also would be alot of options for a racing Secretary when you would have all 3 surfaces.

Like I said its just a thought I feel certain that it will never happen
Interesting idea making the 7/8 track as a third surface, didn't they use this track when they were in the process of installing the polytrack? They used to race at a 2nd track called Greenwood racetrack, it was a little bullring that was better suited for the standardbreds, unfortunately they did away with it and this forced Woodbine to become a multifaceted facility. I'm not a fan of standardbreds, Woodbine is probably the only major track that oversaturates itself with too many products. I think they would do better if they would just concentrate on the T breds, focus on turf racing as EP Taylor's vision was, and why not race in the winter or atleast extend the dates, they have that all weather track?