Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Steve Byk

Default 10/26: Breeders' Cup Friday

Breeders' Cup kicks off its' newest wrinkle Friday with the three divisional races added as an initial phase of an expected wide expansion plan. Poor weather threatens the entire event, with heavy rains expected...

MONMOUTH PARK - BREEDERS' CUP

Superfectas in all..

5th: 1st Inside Information BC, 3yo-F, 8.5f (P6, P3)

Best Value: #1 Talkin About Love 5-2 3rd
Most Likely: #3 Tessa Blue 9-5 WON
Exotics Use: #2 Boca Grande 2-1 4th
Super Add: #4 Lost Etiquette 7-2 2nd

6th: 1st Epitome BC, 2yo-F, 1m-T (P3)

Best Value: #2 Sea Chanter 9-2 WON
Most Likely: #5 LIFE IS SWEET 6-1 6th
Exotics Use: #4 Namaste's Wish 4-1 5th
Super Add: #8 Annie Skates 5-1 2nd

7th: 1st Favorite Trick BC, 2yo, 6f (P4, P3)

Utilizing #7 Officer Frank in multis as cover..

Best Value: #8 West Coast Coach 4-1 5th
Most Likely: #3 Lantana Mob 3-1 3rd
Exotics Use: #5 Law Enforcement 7-2 4th
Super Add: #1a (POE) Indy Joe 8-1 10th

8th: 1st BC FILLY AND MARE SPRINT, F&M-3+, 6f (P3, DD w/ BC Spr)

Best Value: #4 Maryfield 15-1: Overlaid price inviting on O'Neill off pace plugger who is 3/4 on wet tracks and appears to have ideal pace to close into; Cuts back from 7f and has plenty of time since thrilling Ballerina score.. WON

Most Likely: #7 LA TRAVIATA 5-2: Perhaps most likely Cup winner, $1MM Coolmore miss wisely opts for fair sex foes; Would happily like it wet, and has scintillated in a.m.'s since trio of facile wins.. 6th

Exotics Use: #1 Miss Macy Sue 6-1: Von Hemel overachiever 5/6 this annum including Gr. III Winning Colors score, and looks to parlay rail draw into ideal stalking trip; Signaled readiness with Chicago blowout 10/12 (:58.2).. 3rd

Super Add: #6 Oprah Winney 6-1: Dutrow's Royal Academy grey never out of superfecta career and regularly runs well fresh; Draws inside fave and could make turn access a challenge for that one; Contributes to anticpated pace battle and eligible to stay on in any slot in great Cup opener.. 8th

NOTES: Taking stand against Dream Rush who missed scheduled Gallant Bloom start and will be harassed early and often; Protecting in multis..

9th: 1st BC JUVENILE TURF, 2yo, 1m-T (DD)

Best Value: #11 Texas Fever 30-1: Victory Gallop bay from capable Stidham telegraphs turf aptitude with solid Poly form including classy KY Cup Juvenile score (Gr. III) at Cincy; Acquires services of Gomez who can draft off pair to his left from opening bell.. 6th

Most Likely: #9 Prussian 3-1: Superbly-bred Mott bay demollished Toga maidens in 8.5f lawn bow before professional Gr. III Summer score north of the border; Needs to progress from prior pair, but in hands of red hot J-T tandem should adjust to any scenario.. 10th

Exotics Use: #4 Cherokee Triangle 10-1: Maker bay most experienced sodhopper of the domestic players signed on; Bested twice by McPeek's 'Buck' who goes Saturday, and likely beat little in Bozier City blowout 9/22, but draws well for stalking voyage under Robby.. 11th

Super Add: #10 Preachin Man 50-1: NATC upsetter helmed by highly-skilled conditioner. owned by FL breeding bros: a group that wouldn't be here to get embarassed; Songandaprayer OK as turf pop, and Werner superb on lawn bows, stretchouts.. 12th

NOTES: Taking home run swing in curious new event, protecting the Euros (#'s 5-8-12) in multis and .10 Super keys with prices..

10/26: With liklihood now of serious rain Friday, the turf course is nearly guaranteed to be no better than yielding and possibly soft. ACHILL ISLAND becomes more and more prominant under those conditions and must be used in individual race wagers... 2nd

10th: 1st BC DIRT MILE, 3+, 1m-70y (DD w/ Turf Mile)

Best Value: #9 Xchanger 6-1: Exchange Rate grey has been solid plus when keeping to similar kind, and looked best of all at Meadowlands when falling short of Diamond Stripes/Magna Grad in Gr. II Cup; Shuman runner has displayed variety of pace adjustments and is bred to take to slop.. 6th

Most Likely: #1 DISCREET CAT 2-1: Taking positive view of maligned Godolphin bay that lays over these if anywhere close to form that made him 'next great thing' in '06; Dull Vosburgh may have been better than it looked, earning a figure that could serve as OK launch point 2nd off long break.. 3rd

Exotics Use: #7 Park Avenue Ball 15-1: Jersey-connected up and down, and pointed for this since announcement of race's inception; Never out of money this oval, 3/5 at trip and not averse to inclement weather.. 7th

Super Add: #3 Wanderin Boy 8-1: Square price on Zito 6yo who is tough when right and perfect at distance; Another with precip preferences, and threat if firing best shot off series of nice half mile drills.. 4th

P4 Play:

7: 1-3-5-7-8
8: 4-7
9: 4-5-9-11-12
10: 1

5x2x5x1 = $50

Good luck!
Steve

Last edited by Kasept : 10-26-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Sam Houston

Steve I especially like Shaggy Mane in the sprint and Nownownow in the juvenile turf as two potential longshots. I was wondering if you could share some insight on these two.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Aqueduct

i'm liking shaggy mane more & more.
texas fever as well, although i did not know they had moved TP to Cincy?!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I tossed the fav. Dream Rush also. I have always taken a stand against 7f horses in the BC Sprint. Hopefully the same applies to the psuedo BC Filly & Mare Sprint.

btw I do like #2 Miraculous Miss as a Trifecta include

Hate the Mile 70 and forget the Juv Turf. I don't have a strong opinion. I do like the euro #5 Strike The Deal

Good Luck
Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Coach Pants

I like West Coast Coach as well.

Sorry, Steve.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default wise guys cash in

hit the exacta
waitng for payoffs
and they are showing everything else

that payoff stinks
$374 for a $18 horse over a $37 place horse
and it's only $374

I guess if dumb old wingnut
can figure it out so can everyone else

still feel like I got hosed!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemaih
Steve I especially like Shaggy Mane in the sprint and Nownownow in the juvenile turf as two potential longshots. I was wondering if you could share some insight on these two.
Good catch there, Hemaih...
Old 10-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
hit the exacta
waitng for payoffs
and they are showing everything else

that payoff stinks
$374 for a $18 horse over a $37 place horse
and it's only $374

I guess if dumb old wingnut
can figure it out so can everyone else

still feel like I got hosed!
This really sucks when the Juv Turf had an $8,000 Tri...