2 Galiana Lezcano A 122 L
3 Shesabronxbomber Ortiz J L 117 L
4 Kimmies Lucky Star Franco M 115 L
5 Cluster of Stars Castellano J J 124 L
6 Willet Rosario J 124 L
7 Here's Zealicious Velasquez C 117 L
8 Vicki's Dancer Maragh R 119 L

8th (4:05) Ticonderoga S.

1 1/16 Miles (Inner turf) | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $200,000

1 Effie Trinket Saez L 120 L
2 Sally's Dream Maragh R 117 L
3 Inimitable Romanee Velazquez J R 117 L
4 Lady's Lunar Luck Alvarado J 117 L
5 Shakeira Castellano J J 121 L
6 Harbor Mist Lezcano J 117 L
7 Dreaming of Cara Rosario J 117 L
8 Mystic City Rodriguez P A 117 L
9 Frosty Bay Ortiz J L 118 L
10 Wholelottashakin Ortiz I Jr 117 L
MTO Mischief Maker Castellano J J 123 L

9th (4:39) Hudson H.

6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $150,000

1 Palace Velasquez C 119 L
2 Night Maneuver Maragh R 118 L
3 Mine Over Matter Lezcano J 119 L
4 B Shanny Ortiz I Jr 117 L
5 Cay to Pomeroy Arroyo A S 113 L
6 Moonlight Song Ortiz J L 115 L
7 Readytodefer Velazquez J R 116 Blk-On L

10th (5:13) Mohawk S.

1 1/16 Miles (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $200,000

1 Hear the Footsteps Ortiz J L 119 L
2 Compliance Officer Solis A 119 Blk-On L
3 Idle American Teator P A 117 L
4 Mission Approved Arroyo A S 119 L
5 Barrel of Love Saez L 119 L
6 Lubash Alvarado J 123 L
7 Majestic Raffy Lezcano A 119 L
8 King Kreesa Ortiz I Jr 123 L
9 Fox Rules Rodriguez P A 117 L
10 Kharafa Castellano J J 123 L
11 Notacatbutallama Velazquez J R 120 L
12 Abilio Lezcano J 119 L
AE Jonrah Velasquez C 117 Blk-On L
AE Sandyinthesun Prado E S 117 L
AE Hidden Vow Alvarado J 117 L
MTO Most Happy Fella Solis A 118 L

11th (5:45) Empire Classic H.

1 1/8 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $250,000

1 Bigger Is Bettor Arroyo A S 120 L
2 Spa City Fever Cohen D 118 L
3 Moneyinyour Pocket Velazquez J R 115 L
4 Awesome Vision Ortiz I Jr 120 L
5 Zetterholm Saez L 116 L
6 Warrioroftheroses Castellano J J 117 L
7 Saratoga Snacks Rosario J 122 L
8 Readtheprospectus Alvarado J 124 L
Old 10-15-2013, 01:51 PM
The Curragh

There goes Galiana's undefeated record on dirt. There is no way she can defeat Cluster of Stars.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
There goes Galiana's undefeated record on dirt. There is no way she can defeat Cluster of Stars.
She was 5th two back against Willet, so she isn't undefeated on dirt.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:05 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Frederick View Post
She was 5th two back against Willet, so she isn't undefeated on dirt.
Oh you're right, I hadn't noticed. I bet her in the Aug. 8 race and haven't followed her since then.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Idlewild Airport

Snacks going long? Interesting
Old 10-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Flemington

Where is that Mott older NY bred? I believe he was a Juddmonte horse. I think he was a Speightstown.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Where is that Mott older NY bred? I believe he was a Juddmonte horse. I think he was a Speightstown.
Lunar Victory.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Lunar Victory is entered in the Keeneland November Sale as a racing or stallion prospect (hip 2829).
Old 10-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Santa Anita

Disappointing seeing Cluster of Stars in here.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
Disappointing seeing Cluster of Stars in here.
I think Willet has a very good chance to beat her. I know I am betting against any horse that is odds on very much based on a win on the gold rail.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I think Willet has a very good chance to beat her. I know I am betting against any horse that is odds on very much based on a win on the gold rail.
I understand, but I think she has other good races too. I was hoping for the BC. This spot being chosen gives reservation by itself.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:02 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
I understand, but I think she has other good races too. I was hoping for the BC. This spot being chosen gives reservation by itself.
I think they had to pay like 200k to get her into the BC. If thats correct, I dont think it should give any reservation really. She clearly also had some physical issues, why rush her across country for her second time back?? If the 7 goes after her early clearly Willet can pick her off late. 2 horse race, should be a good one.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

SNACKS!!! Congrats to Gary and his team!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Old 10-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Indeed. Wide right for Parcells yet again.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Steve Byk

Congratulations to Gary & Paul and the Barn 60 team, Coach and Snacks. A terrific win for all involved and a great job with a difficult animal. Super G in NYC at this hour celebrating with Bobby Flay..
Old 10-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Congratulations to Gary & Paul and the Barn 60 team, Coach and Snacks. A terrific win for all involved and a great job with a difficult animal. Super G in NYC at this hour celebrating with Bobby Flay..
Old 10-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Steve Byk

Sciacca still on Cloud 9 after Snacks' Classic victory; Cigar Mile could be next

ELMONT, N.Y. - Trainer Gary Sciacca was still beaming with pride on Sunday morning after having successfully coached Saratoga Snacks from off the bench onto a three-quarter-length victory in the $250,000 Empire Classic at Belmont Park.

"We made the right decision going long," said Sciacca, who along with Saratoga Snacks' owner, NFL Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells, debated whether to run in the 1 1/8-mile Classic or the six-furlong Hudson Handicap on Empire Showcase Day presented by The Fund. "When I spoke with Bill, it was, 'Do we go long? Short?' It was a toss-up. He was dead-fit for the three-quarter race. He's a big horse, the question was, would he get up in time? In his last race [the John Morrissey], he was the best, but with the trouble, he was too big to overcome it. Yesterday, I didn't know they were going to go three quarters in 1:10, and he was engaging at that point. He's a fighter. He's an athlete. Bill says he's like getting a Lawrence Taylor."

Sciacca spoke glowingly of the experience of training for Parcells.

"It was a real team effort getting this horse ready to run, and having a guy like Bill, who was so understanding, was part of it," said Sciacca, who got to know Parcells through New York Giants Hall of Famer Sam Huff, also an owner. "Training for Bill, it's like training for him and the 10,000 people who are watching him. It's a thrill. We talk every day, maybe two or three times. He's in my corner. He showed me that when he took me to the Hall of Fame [induction ceremony]. They had a party for the seven inductees and their families, and I got to sit with them. He's got some following. Some people don't like him, some people love him, but they all respect him. Now with a horse, a different aspect of his life, they're all on top of it. They're all watching it. He said he got text after text after text last night. When they're winning, it's always great."

While Parcells was in Florida and unable to personally share in the victory, the trainer was able to celebrate in Manhattan with another of Saratoga Snacks' fans, celebrity chef Bobby Flay.

"Bobby wanted to watch the race at home before he had to go host the 'Tacos and Tequila' event [at the New York City Wine and Food Festival]," said Sciacca. "In fact, the first text I got after the race was from Bobby: 'Awesome!' But after having such a great day at the races, the traffic coming into the city at 8 p.m. destroyed me. I was going nuts. I left the car by a hydrant by where the ships come in. My wife said, 'They might take it' and I said, 'If they do, we'll get it out of the pound later.' We finally got there at 9 p.m. and had a quick couple of tacos and then Bobby had a limousine take us to this famous Chinese restaurant. At one o'clock, they were still partying and I said, 'The guy with the car, can he take me to my car? I have to get up in the morning.' Luckily, when we got there, the car was still there."

When Sciacca arrived at the barn, he said Saratoga Snacks was bright-eyed and full of energy after his first race in 2 ˝ months. By 11 a.m., the ridgling had his head deep in his feed tub.

"Joel [Rosario] said at the eighth pole, when he saw the other horse coming, he could feel him getting ready for the challenge and there was no way another horse was going to get by him," said Sciacca. "We'll see what's happening before we decide what's next for him. We may give him the winter off; maybe run him once or twice more. The Cigar Mile [Grade 1, November 30, Aqueduct Racetrack] is an option. He'll let us know."
Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Sciacca still on Cloud 9 after Snacks' Classic victory; Cigar Mile could be next

ELMONT, N.Y. - Trainer Gary Sciacca was still beaming with pride on Sunday morning after having successfully coached Saratoga Snacks from off the bench onto a three-quarter-length victory in the $250,000 Empire Classic at Belmont Park.

"We made the right decision going long," said Sciacca, who along with Saratoga Snacks' owner, NFL Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells, debated whether to run in the 1 1/8-mile Classic or the six-furlong Hudson Handicap on Empire Showcase Day presented by The Fund. "When I spoke with Bill, it was, 'Do we go long? Short?' It was a toss-up. He was dead-fit for the three-quarter race. He's a big horse, the question was, would he get up in time? In his last race [the John Morrissey], he was the best, but with the trouble, he was too big to overcome it. Yesterday, I didn't know they were going to go three quarters in 1:10, and he was engaging at that point. He's a fighter. He's an athlete. Bill says he's like getting a Lawrence Taylor."

Sciacca spoke glowingly of the experience of training for Parcells.

"It was a real team effort getting this horse ready to run, and having a guy like Bill, who was so understanding, was part of it," said Sciacca, who got to know Parcells through New York Giants Hall of Famer Sam Huff, also an owner. "Training for Bill, it's like training for him and the 10,000 people who are watching him. It's a thrill. We talk every day, maybe two or three times. He's in my corner. He showed me that when he took me to the Hall of Fame [induction ceremony]. They had a party for the seven inductees and their families, and I got to sit with them. He's got some following. Some people don't like him, some people love him, but they all respect him. Now with a horse, a different aspect of his life, they're all on top of it. They're all watching it. He said he got text after text after text last night. When they're winning, it's always great."

While Parcells was in Florida and unable to personally share in the victory, the trainer was able to celebrate in Manhattan with another of Saratoga Snacks' fans, celebrity chef Bobby Flay.

"Bobby wanted to watch the race at home before he had to go host the 'Tacos and Tequila' event [at the New York City Wine and Food Festival]," said Sciacca. "In fact, the first text I got after the race was from Bobby: 'Awesome!' But after having such a great day at the races, the traffic coming into the city at 8 p.m. destroyed me. I was going nuts. I left the car by a hydrant by where the ships come in. My wife said, 'They might take it' and I said, 'If they do, we'll get it out of the pound later.' We finally got there at 9 p.m. and had a quick couple of tacos and then Bobby had a limousine take us to this famous Chinese restaurant. At one o'clock, they were still partying and I said, 'The guy with the car, can he take me to my car? I have to get up in the morning.' Luckily, when we got there, the car was still there."

When Sciacca arrived at the barn, he said Saratoga Snacks was bright-eyed and full of energy after his first race in 2 ˝ months. By 11 a.m., the ridgling had his head deep in his feed tub.

"Joel [Rosario] said at the eighth pole, when he saw the other horse coming, he could feel him getting ready for the challenge and there was no way another horse was going to get by him," said Sciacca. "We'll see what's happening before we decide what's next for him. We may give him the winter off; maybe run him once or twice more. The Cigar Mile [Grade 1, November 30, Aqueduct Racetrack] is an option. He'll let us know."
Does Bobby Flay have horses with Sciacca?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:44 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Does Bobby Flay have horses with Sciacca?
Not right now. He's had 2-3 with him over the last several years.