Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Hialeah Park

I think Scavs and Quality Road are going to have something in common after today.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Arlington Park

Scav should be stripped of the title Mr. Chicago.
Being completely miserable throughout all of January and February is an essential part of living here, and if he is off playing golf in Florida all month....he clearly no longer deserves this prestigious honor.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
I think Scavs and Quality Road are going to have something in common after today.
I think he has a chance to at that number too. But I'm guessing it will be revised for the board, to something much more respectable.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Talked to Scavs earlier by phone. I will let him reveal his score, but I will say it was well into the triple digits. I will also say that he was not the high score in the foursome. I will not reveal the name of the individual he beat, but his initials are BigsMC
Old 02-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
112 100% legit, no lift/clean/place and counting every comedy stroke, but as always, I turned it on on the backside and was hitting the ball off the tee really good.

Bigs and I got smoked in the match play, we only won 3 holes, pushed 3 holes, and one of them was because I sunk what was probably a 20 footer for par, farthest I had ever hit.

When the driver worked, the putter didn't, and vice versa. While I had an absolutely great time today playing golf, my face and arms absolutely hate me right now. Red as Chuck Simon's saddle cloths...OUCH!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
112 100% legit, no lift/clean/place and counting every comedy stroke, but as always, I turned it on on the backside and was hitting the ball off the tee really good.

Bigs and I got smoked in the match play, we only won 3 holes, pushed 3 holes, and one of them was because I sunk what was probably a 20 footer for par, farthest I had ever hit.

When the driver worked, the putter didn't, and vice versa. While I had an absolutely great time today playing golf, my face and arms absolutely hate me right now. Red as Chuck Simon's saddle cloths...OUCH!
That's alright. I'm sure you guys got the best of them during the hot dog eating contest on the turn.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
That's alright. I'm sure you guys got the best of them during the hot dog eating contest on the turn.
Actually, I have done very little eating on this trip, about once a day, been too busy. I completely underestimated how far Ocala is from Tampa, and I have driven to Tampa from Ocala on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I will say this. I had a Cuban Sandwich for the first time ever at Tampa Bay Downs, and those were ridiculously awesome. I could have eaten 5 yesterday if I wasn't so consumed about getting smoked in the ass by a stranger named Jeremy Rose.

Couple highlights
-Richard Grunder picture
-'Golfer' aimming for the 9th hole green, while we were playing the 18th, hit an unbelievable shot, for the 9th hole
Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Talked to Scavs earlier by phone. I will let him reveal his score, but I will say it was well into the triple digits. I will also say that he was not the high score in the foursome. I will not reveal the name of the individual he beat, but his initials are BigsMC
Worst round of my life.

I suck.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Worst round of my life.

I suck.
I remember when I used to golf (and by no means was I any good), if I played with someone really good, I played better. As if that good person had a positive affect on my game. What I'm saying Bigs is, maybe your partner had the adverse affect on your game.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Worst round of my life.

I suck.
Blame it on the newly reshafted driver.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
I remember when I used to golf (and by no means was I any good), if I played with someone really good, I played better. As if that good person had a positive affect on my game. What I'm saying Bigs is, maybe your partner had the adverse affect on your game.
The ground was very tricky today. It looked like it was rock hard, but when you tried to hit a fairway shot the correct way, the ground gave out from under, very soft.

Both Bigs and I hit our fair share of chunks, which is normally not part of my game. I am usually doing comedy things like leaving a 10 ft putt 4 feet short, hitting a 5 iron 90 yards, or always playing from 2 inches from a tee because I have a boomarang tee shot to the right

Last edited by Scav : 02-21-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
The ground was very tricky today. It looked like it was rock hard, but when you tried to hit a fairway shot the correct way, the ground gave out from under, very soft.

Both Bigs and I hit our fair share of chunks, which is normally not part of my game. I am usually doing comedy things like leaving a 10 ft putt 4 feet short, hitting a 5 iron 90 yards, or always playing from 2 inches from a tee because I have a boomarang tee shot to the right
No excuses.

I suck.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
No excuses.

I suck.
At least you knew what hole we were on.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Old 02-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Beat his ass.
Yo Bigs, look at this mush job right here. Whoa....I didn't see this before. I knew you were better bro....
Old 02-21-2010, 07:46 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
First time ever playing the course, and from where I hit my tee shot, I couldn't even see the 18th green. Of course, in aiming for the 9th green accidently, I still missed IT 25 yards to the right But it was a GREAT recovery wedge to the proper green.

Ahem, you guys failed to mention it was DORMY after 9 holes!

I do give all the credit to Fulla Sheets. The kid was the MAN through the first 9 holes. After that, we both kinda felt sorry for you guys

Still, a great day, perfect weather, beautiful course, and outstanding company
Old 02-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Monmouth Park

I shot a "decent" 92, if there ever was such thing. But hitting 5 shots OB, and using my putter 40+ times didn't help the cause.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:30 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulla Sheets
I shot a "decent" 92, if there ever was such thing. But hitting 5 shots OB, and using my putter 40+ times didn't help the cause.
Kid, you suck worse than me with the putter. This game will drive you insane. Quit now while there is still hope for you. Stay away from girls too...they will drive you more insane than golf will.

Finish high school, move to Tampa and play the horses for a living. In another 5-8 years, Bigs will be retired and will need someone to drive his old ass around everywhere. You can make some side doing that.

My final piece of advice...ALWAYS, ALWAYS listen to the advice of Exacta Bob. He will never do you wrong.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Kid, you suck worse than me with the putter. This game will drive you insane. Quit now while there is still hope for you. Stay away from girls too...they will drive you more insane than golf will.

Finish high school, move to Tampa and play the horses for a living. In another 5-8 years, Bigs will be retired and will need someone to drive his old ass around everywhere. You can make some side doing that.

My final piece of advice...ALWAYS, ALWAYS listen to the advice of Exacta Bob. He will never do you wrong.
I am going to let Scav reply to this one.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulla Sheets
I am going to let Scav reply to this one.
Why? He your agent or something?

Only teenage kid I know shooting 92 with an agent