Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Oriental Park

Default la game 5

not looking good
Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Thistley Downs

The Dodgers are getting their behinds whipped?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
not looking good

Marty...it aint even look BAD. It's looking awful...kinda like a certain AL game last night
Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

C
H
O
K
E
Old 10-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Thistley Downs

It's only 5-0.

You guys act like that's insurmountable.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Sha Tin

NBA preseason on ESPN 2, close game...
Old 10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Thistley Downs

The Dodgers being The Dodgers.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Flemington

Most Valuable Player = BILLINGSLEY(for PHILLY)
Old 10-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Thistley Downs

Uh-oh.

Lost in threads again.

Phooey.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Hialeah Park

WOW is all I can say....The local fan gathering (5 Points) went/is going ballistic tonight, bedlam ensuing.. Bunch of knuckleheads drinking Beast Ice had to ruin it for some on-drivers though...Can't imagine for the life of me why those people decided to drive through that section? It was friendly for the most part. Frankford and Cottman would have been the better choice.

Things bounced in the Phils favor this year that could've easily went the other way. I'm fully aware of that fact, and am humbled by it. I would love to see us rise victorious from the WS, but once again it is not an easily traveled road. Good to see the NL come down to Scuds/Anti-declan backed squadrons.

GO PHILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Thistley Downs

I posted a song link here.

I have no idea how it happened.

Something has been trying to tell me something for a long time now.

You know,SportyFans, I have been a ChattyCathy for too long .I also know this is stupid to put this here....but I'd probably just get lost in threads again and wind up putting it here any way.Now you can make all the animal noises you want. Go right ahead---be my guest.

The fact is I am leaving.

I cannot do this thing anymore; the scope of that statement is larger than you think. Maybe not....although I doubt it.I have developed insomnia and neuralgia in the past few weeks...as well as neuritis and newphoria.I also would bet those names will be in the Indians braindust starting line up next year.

Well there I go again..this time destroying my own post.

Back on topic.

I have done my best to enhance the lives of each and every one of you strange creatures.People like Coach SunDress make me realize most of you aren't worth enhancing.

I have given out horsey winners time after time...sometimes. I have spread the points for you...I have given quality music and quality yet worthless opinion about everything under SunKing.Many other things here that enhance your NerdyTrail experience have been furnished by myself.You girls may not have liked it,but tough.

I may stop back over to F...C-S...and/or SW.

But since I fucl<ed up here, I thought I may as well leave this notice...here.

Oh.

I should thank Steve ever so much for allowing us all to say whatever the fucl< we want.

But then I remember all the times Thebby saved my azz from his hair trigger finger.......

WHOA!!

That just don't sound right!

Let's just say I recall how she would not allow him to dart me. And now that I know it was STEEEEVE who hung up on me ...well then...uh...

...I forgot what the fucl< I was talking about!!

Oh that's it. See what this place has done to me?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Coach Pants

Old 10-16-2008, 03:02 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
I posted a song link here.

I have no idea how it happened.

Something has been trying to tell me something for a long time now.

You know,SportyFans, I have been a ChattyCathy for too long .I also know this is stupid to put this here....but I'd probably just get lost in threads again and wind up putting it here any way.Now you can make all the animal noises you want. Go right ahead---be my guest.

The fact is I am leaving.

I cannot do this thing anymore; the scope of that statement is larger than you think. Maybe not....although I doubt it.I have developed insomnia and neuralgia in the past few weeks...as well as neuritis and newphoria.I also would bet those names will be in the Indians braindust starting line up next year.

Well there I go again..this time destroying my own post.

Back on topic.

I have done my best to enhance the lives of each and every one of you strange creatures.People like Coach SunDress make me realize most of you aren't worth enhancing.

I have given out horsey winners time after time...sometimes. I have spread the points for you...I have given quality music and quality yet worthless opinion about everything under SunKing.Many other things here that enhance your NerdyTrail experience have been furnished by myself.You girls may not have liked it,but tough.

I may stop back over to F...C-S...and/or SW.

But since I fucl<ed up here, I thought I may as well leave this notice...here.

Oh.

I should thank Steve ever so much for allowing us all to say whatever the fucl< we want.

But then I remember all the times Thebby saved my azz from his hair trigger finger.......

WHOA!!

That just don't sound right!

Let's just say I recall how she would not allow him to dart me. And now that I know it was STEEEEVE who hung up on me ...well then...uh...

...I forgot what the fucl< I was talking about!!

Oh that's it. See what this place has done to me?
Just take your damn SCHITZO pills.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:31 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
WOW is all I can say....The local fan gathering (5 Points) went/is going ballistic tonight, bedlam ensuing.. Bunch of knuckleheads drinking Beast Ice had to ruin it for some on-drivers though...Can't imagine for the life of me why those people decided to drive through that section? It was friendly for the most part. Frankford and Cottman would have been the better choice.

Things bounced in the Phils favor this year that could've easily went the other way. I'm fully aware of that fact, and am humbled by it. I would love to see us rise victorious from the WS, but once again it is not an easily traveled road. Good to see the NL come down to Scuds/Anti-declan backed squadrons.

GO PHILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you may end up wishing Billingsley hadn't been such a total woman for you guys. Next Wednesday is a long time away. When is the last time this team had to wait that long to play? ...Exactly....It's an issue. Ask Detroit n' Colorado about it. Obviously, we lost most belief in ourselves after Monday's game. Then, when Billygoat had nothing, they really lost any confidence, or tried too hard. Didn't help that the home ump called both Kent n' Martin out on balls, but evidentally they don't even grade these guys on balls n' strikes. Any Cub fan would tell ya that. I mean the balls I saw that idiot Ed Rapuano call strikes against Edmonds(the last week of the season) were really outrageous. Then, I saw him do it again. I don't remember when. Maybe in your last series? I don't like this Winters guy, but Rapuano is really bad. The guy calling Monday night's game called Utley out on a ball not even close to being a strike. I am certainly not ever gunna cry about anything bad happening to Kent, but that's a tough last at bat to have to end your career on. He would of whiffed on the next pitch, but he deserved to see another pitch. Seattle, Baltimore, or K.C. got any decent young pitchers we can unload Billingsley for? I want to send him to a s-h-i-t team in the other league. You can't keep a guy on your team that gave you no shot in 2 playoff games out of the 5 game series. There's no way. If he battled, and hung around down 3 runs into the 5th or 6th, then maybe. What he did was turn woman. If there's no undisclosed injury to help excuse it, then he must go. It's a results business. What are we supposed to do? Let him go 15-12 next year, and then leave him off the playoff roster? He has great stuff(LOL,) but he's a woman's private part. Can't keep him in that clubhouse. Sad thing is they probably will just bring him back as if nothing happened. He will have a decent year, and get raped again in the post. He only pitched good against the Cubs because we weren't suppose to be able to take the 1st two games in Chicago. The 2nd game there was house money for whatever Dodger started it. No pressure whatsoever. "Do the best not to get beat too badly" Then, when he was expected to have to go to war against Philly, he twice was a woman. That ain't gunna improve. Unless we are huge post season longshots, he is gunna be a woman in the post. That's just the way he is gunna be.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 10-16-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
not looking good
depends on who you ask!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I think you may end up wishing Billingsley hadn't been such a total woman for you guys. Next Wednesday is a long time away. When is the last time this team had to wait that long to play? ...Exactly....It's an issue. Ask Detroit n' Colorado about it. Obviously, we lost most belief in ourselves after Monday's game. Then, when Billygoat had nothing, they really lost any confidence, or tried too hard. Didn't help that the home ump called both Kent n' Martin out on balls, but evidentally they don't even grade these guys on balls n' strikes. Any Cub fan would tell ya that. I mean the balls I saw that idiot Ed Rapuano call strikes against Edmonds(the last week of the season) were really outrageous. Then, I saw him do it again. I don't remember when. Maybe in your last series? I don't like this Winters guy, but Rapuano is really bad. The guy calling Monday night's game called Utley out on a ball not even close to being a strike. I am certainly not ever gunna cry about anything bad happening to Kent, but that's a tough last at bat to have to end your career on. He would of whiffed on the next pitch, but he deserved to see another pitch. Seattle, Baltimore, or K.C. got any decent young pitchers we can unload Billingsley for? I want to send him to a s-h-i-t team in the other league. You can't keep a guy on your team that gave you no shot in 2 playoff games out of the 5 game series. There's no way. If he battled, and hung around down 3 runs into the 5th or 6th, then maybe. What he did was turn woman. If there's no undisclosed injury to help excuse it, then he must go. It's a results business. What are we supposed to do? Let him go 15-12 next year, and then leave him off the playoff roster? He has great stuff(LOL,) but he's a woman's private part. Can't keep him in that clubhouse. Sad thing is they probably will just bring him back as if nothing happened. He will have a decent year, and get raped again in the post. He only pitched good against the Cubs because we weren't suppose to be able to take the 1st two games in Chicago. The 2nd game there was house money for whatever Dodger started it. No pressure whatsoever. "Do the best not to get beat too badly" Then, when he was expected to have to go to war against Philly, he twice was a woman. That ain't gunna improve. Unless we are huge post season longshots, he is gunna be a woman in the post. That's just the way he is gunna be.
I agree about waiting til next wednesday.. throws ya off rythm. Here's hoping the rays win tonight so they have a similar wait.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I'm pretty sure 29 other teams will be interested in acquiring Mr. Billingsley.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club
I'm pretty sure 29 other teams will be interested in acquiring Mr. Billingsley.
Well, I think he will be available. Wouldn't be surprised if the steering in his car fails before the trade goes down. We won 1 game. We lost 2 close games. This cntface destroyed the other 2 games early on. To be honest, I wouldn't be that upset to see both Billygoat n' Broxton be part of somebody's f'n pizza toppings. They are women in a man's game. Billygoat blew 2 games of a 5 game series. Broxton atleast pitched well in one game in the series. Billygoat will never be welcomed in this park again by these fans. It would be a mistake to underestimate the anger that will be unleashed on this woman if they don't trade her. Look at the game in Pittsburgh in September. Think that wasn't a big game? It was a big loss at the time. If we didn't get Loney to bail us out the next day, then we probably would have lost the division. This is 3 big important games where she totally let this team down(not 2.) Cntface got to be gone. She will only repeat this. Btch has got very bad habits that can't be corrected. She couldn't even protect Manny last Friday. That's right. Myers threw behind Manny, and Billygirl was so f'n tight she couldn't get the ball inside enough to retaliate. That's why Manny was so upset. Said he wanted a guy like Myers on his club(in a direct dig at Billygirl for not throwing inside to retaliate.) That's how bad her control was. I think both times she tried, the pitches got called strikes. The other players aren't a bit happy about that. Not only that, but she then blamed last Friday on Martin's pitch selection. She's the btch who's fkn control was so off that she couldn't get inside enough to retaliate for Myers throwing at Manny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=280917123

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=280917123

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=281015119

There isn't gunna be a 4th big game ho-lay-down here. She is gone.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 10-16-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Randwyck

Well LA has done some stupid things, but I doubt they get rid of a minimum salary starting pitcher, who is not even arbitration elgible until 2010.

Broxton - maybe - since he's arbitration elgible, but I doubt it.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club
Well LA has done some stupid things, but I doubt they get rid of a minimum salary starting pitcher, who is not even arbitration elgible until 2010.

Broxton - maybe - since he's arbitration elgible, but I doubt it.
What are you gunna do in the post? Huh? We are never gunna give her the ball again in a playoff game. You can forget about that happening. I guarantee you somebody will do whatever it takes to make sure she never pitches in another playoff game here. There is no way.