Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-21-2021, 02:39 PM
Keeneland

Default Worst DQ of All Time?

Tampa 7th today. I get the DQ’d horse came out but there was no contact.

As a bettor I have no faith in really anything anymore as it pertains to horse racing. Dramatic? Yeah. Honest? Hell yeah
Old 04-21-2021, 05:12 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post

As a bettor I have no faith in really anything anymore as it pertains to horse racing. Dramatic? Yeah. Honest? Hell yeah
Can you post the head on and pan for the incident?
Old 04-21-2021, 06:00 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Can you post the head on and pan for the incident?
It was the 7th at Tampa today.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:57 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:

What a gross way to lose a race. IMO if the inside had just maintained a straight course outside would have never gotten by.

However, I believe inside did in fact clearly initiate and make contact. You can clearly see outside moved off it's path by about a half lane.

All horses are entitled to a clear and unobstructed path. Given the desperately small margin of victory IMO the Stewards had no choice in the matter and correctly DQ'ed.

In the long and storied history of horse racing there has NEVER been a horse taken down that ran straight.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:24 PM
Oaklawn

For a brief few minutes coming up on 17 years ago, I thought the worst DQ of all time was going to be Better Talk Now in the BC Turf. Instead it became one of my favorite races of all time and solidified my love of that horse and Dominguez. Just had to watch it again for old times sake!
Old 04-22-2021, 05:35 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
What a gross way to lose a race. IMO if the inside had just maintained a straight course outside would have never gotten by.

However, I believe inside did in fact clearly initiate and make contact. You can clearly see outside moved off it's path by about a half lane.

All horses are entitled to a clear and unobstructed path. Given the desperately small margin of victory IMO the Stewards had no choice in the matter and correctly DQ'ed.

In the long and storied history of horse racing there has NEVER been a horse taken down that ran straight.
I respectfully disagree. I saw no contact. Sure the rider moved out but it was race riding.

I’ve seen horses carry other horses 5-6 paths before with no DQ. The eventual winner was carried out maybe a path, probably less, with no contact.

Bush league call at a bush league track.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:01 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. I saw no contact. Sure the rider moved out but it was race riding.

I’ve seen horses carry other horses 5-6 paths before with no DQ. The eventual winner was carried out maybe a path, probably less, with no contact.

Bush league call at a bush league track.
The DRF chart calling termed it slight contact. If there was NO contact I think you would always be able to see light between the two horses. Which clearly wasn't there.

You might want to slow it down to super slow mo or even frame by frame. I've seen a whole lot of stretch runs looking for contact. In that race there most definitely was.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:10 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
The DRF chart calling termed it slight contact. If there was NO contact I think you would always be able to see light between the two horses. Which clearly wasn't there.

You might want to slow it down to super slow mo or even frame by frame. I've seen a whole lot of stretch runs looking for contact. In that race there most definitely was.
Who cares what the chart says? The Tampa chart caller is horrible. Anyone that does replay work will attest that he’s horrible at his job. Chart caller LMAO...

The optics were bad, I get that, but the rider on the runner up didn’t flinch, he just rode all the way through. Wouldn’t he at least have reacted if he was bumped in to?

Either way, no one here can say they haven’t seen MUCH worse stay up almost daily. This was a bad rider getting taken down because the leasing rider claimed foul.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:11 PM
Keeneland

I’m going to compliment you though Vic. You’ve managed to not make this all about you...yet.

Congrats!
Old 04-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:

All horses are entitled to a clear and unobstructed path. Given the desperately small margin of victory IMO the Stewards had no choice in the matterand correctly DQ'ed.

I know that you’ve seen enough races to know that this isn’t true.