Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Default farewell, pixie

we got a rat terrier years and years ago, and she just passed today in my daughters arms. she was a good dog, sweet to us, a terror to everyone else. poor sweetie. she'll be sorely missed.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Santa Anita

Sympathy to you and yours. It's tough to lose a canine friend/companion. They give us so much.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i'm just glad i have my ceinwyn here to keep me company. kelly just has a cat now-and cats aren't very warm and sympathetic.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I'm so sorry for your loss. Terriers- no matter the size, from tiny to big, they all have huge personalities and leave huge marks on our hearts. I'm glad she was with those who loved her when she passed over.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Saratoga

Zig.. So sorry to hear this...
Old 09-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Calder Race Course

sorry for your loss.
We have a Rat Terrier as well. Great dog.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Dee Tee Stables

pixie was something else. she knew what it meant when i said 'bath', and she would disappear.
so then we would stay time for a b-a-t-h. well, she figured that out, too. she moved in with kelly full time when kelly (our daughter) got her own place. until then, she would sleep in the bed with me and tony.
but she still loved her mother, and she and ceinwyn would 'argue' over who got to sit in my lap when pixie and kelly would come to visit. she had a full, long life and was spoiled rotten. she was fearless, and would even bark at and chase after the neighbors wolfhound. we'd take her on the boat, and when we'd jump in the water, well, she'd jump in, too...swim from person to person.

nothing better than a good dog.

as i read the other day:

if you want to know who loves you more....lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk. an hour later, open the trunk and see which one is happy to see you!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Ocala Mike

Default farewell, pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
kelly just has a cat now-and cats aren't very warm and sympathetic.
So sorry about pixie; don't sell cats short, however. They operate in their own world, but I've found they are often great pets.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
So sorry about pixie; don't sell cats short, however. They operate in their own world, but I've found they are often great pets.
oh, i had a cat for years who had a great character. i still miss him and when i see a white cat, i immediately think of simon.
well, when i see any cat i think of simon...
Old 09-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
pixie was something else. she knew what it meant when i said 'bath', and she would disappear.
so then we would stay time for a b-a-t-h. well, she figured that out, too. she moved in with kelly full time when kelly (our daughter) got her own place. until then, she would sleep in the bed with me and tony.
but she still loved her mother, and she and ceinwyn would 'argue' over who got to sit in my lap when pixie and kelly would come to visit. she had a full, long life and was spoiled rotten. she was fearless, and would even bark at and chase after the neighbors wolfhound. we'd take her on the boat, and when we'd jump in the water, well, she'd jump in, too...swim from person to person.

nothing better than a good dog.

as i read the other day:

if you want to know who loves you more....lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk. an hour later, open the trunk and see which one is happy to see you!
That's really sweet.

I'm very sorry for you and for your family. I hope your daughter is okay. I know she's an adult and all but still... it's a tough thing.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Dee Tee Stables

102_1547.JPG

pixie, in a rare snow
Old 09-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Dee Tee Stables

kelly had just bought a bag of food, so took it to the animal shelter. lady who runs it is a friend. kelly asked about fostering kittens, but they didn't have any. she said they did have a dog that looked like pixie, but half her size. she said i can't take her home, i'll kill the dog because i'll sit up all night holding it and crying.

right when she was leaving, a car pulled up with four kittens...so kelly is fostering four kittens until they find homes.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Hialeah Park

Zig when your pet's die...it really sucks!

So sorry.........

http://petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm
Old 09-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Washington Park

So sorry about Pixie. Clearly she was a great dog. One of the best.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:46 PM
The Curragh

“Oh Noble Creature"

“Oh Noble Creature the time has come for the two of us to part. And for you to go to a better place, a place deep inside my heart. A place where you’ll be be free to chase cars and balls and play. So go noble creature thru that doggy door. And fetch a stick that’s thrown by God. And wag thy tail forevermore while a friendly voice repeats, “Good dog, good dog.”—Author unknown
Old 09-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
“Oh Noble Creature"

“Oh Noble Creature the time has come for the two of us to part. And for you to go to a better place, a place deep inside my heart. A place where you’ll be be free to chase cars and balls and play. So go noble creature thru that doggy door. And fetch a stick that’s thrown by God. And wag thy tail forevermore while a friendly voice repeats, “Good dog, good dog.”—Author unknown
Old 09-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Saratoga

Sad to hear of your loss...dogs are very loyal animals, great companions....very tough time when we lose them.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackrat59 View Post
So sorry about Pixie. Clearly she was a great dog. One of the best.
yep, a good one. a huge, ferocious beast in a tiny package. there were two things that would absolutely set her off-raising a hand like you were going to hit me, and if you gave her a bone and then tried to take it away. the growls that would come from somewhere inside that dog sounded like they were coming from a 100 pd rottweiler.
she'd get under the bed covers, and lay at our feet. and if someone came in the house, you'd hear her growling from under all the blankets. so fierce! lol she thought she was a big dog.
she even figured out tony's schedule. if he was on graveyards, when i would come home she wouldn't make a sound but any other time she'd bark and carry on.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

"One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress. Whenever you visit my grave, say to yourselves with regret but also with happiness in your hearts at the remembrance of my long happy life with you: "Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved." No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you, and not all the power of death can keep my spirit from wagging a grateful tail."- Eugene O'Neil, from "The Last Will and Testament of Silverdene Emblem O'Neil"

http://www.eoneill.com/texts/blemie/contents.htm