Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Santa Anita

http://www.fasigtipton.com/results/2...ults080806.asp

the results are up and 85, a fav on this thread i think, is rna.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balletto
Finally! Some pedigree discussion! I missed the sale while out on a date but I must say, looking over the results hip 4 Aldebaran-Appealing Kris and hip 56 Pulpit-Forever Rainbows went for lower than I thought.

Both those fillies are tremendous broodmare prospects and barring anything atrocious in the physical department we dont know about, just became very good buys.

Appealing Kris hails from one of the most consistent families around, that of Judy Rae. Judy Rae is responsible for the whole Courtly Dee clan and she was also a half-sister to the granddam of Swaps among others. I should also note Appealing Kris was a very useful racemare and is now a stakes producer and being bred very well.

Forever Rainbows has been an interesting mare to watch from a racing perspective. She's a Deputy Minister half to Winning Colors which makes Miss Carmie her 2nd dam. She's also had two stakes-quality colts win tough allowances at major tracks, such as Saratoga, and I would imagine its only a matter of time before she gets that major stakes winner that can make her daughters REAL valuable.
I was disappointed in that Pulpit filly's price, but when you think about it, it's not a surprise. Winning Colors has been a bust as a broodmare and that family just hasn't had much, if any, success lately. The filly must not be very good looking, though, to bring that low a price.

The Sky Mesa -Darling My Darling filly has a wonderful pedigree and the looks to match. I was happy with the full to Purge as well.....Tomorrow, I'm especially anxious to see how the AP Indy-Macoumba filly (full to Malibu Moon) and the Mineshaft-Unbridled Lassie sell. Lane's End wants to get the buzz going on Mineshaft and Bill Farish seems to be very high on this filly. I'm crossing my fingers!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Balletto

Never discount the Miss Carmie clan... but recently it has been a little quiet outside of Tatescreek, Sightseek, etc. On a side note, its not unusual for a top racemare to be a poor producer, but their daughters usually kick it on for them. Im hoping thats the case with Winning Colors. Saw one of her daughters foals and it was lovely.
Balletto

Never discount the Miss Carmie clan... but recently it has been a little quiet outside of Tatescreek, Sightseek, etc. On a side note, its not unusual for a top racemare to be a poor producer, but their daughters usually kick it on for them. Im hoping thats the case with Winning Colors. Saw one of her daughters foals and it was lovely.
Santa Anita

ahhh i found the hip that has 7 lines of La Troienne, 61. i like this ped on the filly. More Than Ready (bottom line to La Troienne)/Garvins Girl...
Old 08-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Balletto

Why do you think one of the best and most historic breeding families bought her?
Old 08-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Santa Anita

it pays to look deeper in the ped than the catalogue pages doesn't it ?
Old 08-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Washington Park

Hate to break up this hardcore pedigree chat, but have any Empire Makers gone through the ring yet? I remember hearing there were going to be some at this sale, correct? I think they were higher hip numbers or I'm waaaay off base here (wouldnt be the first time). And I know I could look this up, but to be quite frank I'm handicapping Saratoga tomorrow and I'm just too damn lazy to look that up as well. Plus I think my laptop can only handle 1 PDF at a time. Back to talking about stuff that is over my head now...

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian

Last edited by 1st_Saturday_in_May : 08-08-2006 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Balletto

I LIVE for the 8 gen pedigree! Im truly a dork... its official. lol
Old 08-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Saturday_in_May
Hate to break up this hardcore pedigree chat, but have any Empire Makers gone through the ring yet? I remember hearing there were going to be some at this sale, correct? Back to talking about stuff that is over my head now...
i posted the link to the results above...happy scanning

i'm a 5 gen guy referring to linebreeding charts for 9 gens...i think you might be a bigger dork than me...you win, LOL...
Old 08-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Balletto

Slightly off-topic, im shocked at how many extremely well-bred foals in the Sept sale are being pushed back into the 2000-4000 range due to shear numbers. There are going to be some really good deals to be had at the sale. Maybe its time for me to join one of the sheiks harems.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Balletto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Saturday_in_May
Hate to break up this hardcore pedigree chat, but have any Empire Makers gone through the ring yet? I remember hearing there were going to be some at this sale, correct? I think they were higher hip numbers or I'm waaaay off base here (wouldnt be the first time). And I know I could look this up, but to be quite frank I'm handicapping Saratoga tomorrow and I'm just too damn lazy to look that up as well. Plus I think my laptop can only handle 1 PDF at a time. Back to talking about stuff that is over my head now...
I'll help you out love... lol... the Empire Makers are tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
i posted the link to the results above...happy scanning

i'm a 5 gen guy referring to linebreeding charts for 9 gens...i think you might be a bigger dork than me...you win, LOL...
Lol, thanks. Doesnt look like any have gone through yet. Maybe tomorrow...

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balletto
I'll help you out love... lol... the Empire Makers are tomorrow.
Thank you much Miss Balletto. Might have to tune in to their live web video to check em out.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Santa Anita

Thumbs up

we still have the preferred and open session in Saratoga after tomorrow's final select session.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Balletto

Im going to try and check out the sale online tomorrow as well. Clearing my evening. Should be interesting what the Mineshaft filly goes for. Lane's End sent most the Missy Baba line mares to Came Home but this one is intriguing as hell.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Balletto

Sumitas, are you making a "wish list" for us in those sales too? There's actually two fillies that caught my eye in those sales. I'll have to check them out again to remember which ones.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Santa Anita

there should be some value in these sessions.

the 61 tonight...it's only the second More Than Ready/Seattle Slew cross i think. the other one i saw was Inverness. she was 3-2-0-0 before she died at 2.

the cross obviously holds promise. hope the foal fares better.

the 85 rna... the pedigree is impressive and the nick is A+ which can't hurt... http://www.fasigtipton.com/catalogs/2006/0808/85.pdf

this might be a good one for Oracle to take a look at for his clients.

Last edited by sumitas : 08-09-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:21 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Ok....I'm clearly out of my league here. Can some of you ladies (Bethany, AB,Gator) help me out with some of these on sale for last night and tonight?

Why did hip 81 not sell?
Help me with the pedigrees of the other Smart Strike babies? (#'s 116 and 172)

Thank you ladies and look forward to reading what ya'll have to say.

Oh yeah...and Cajun...who loves you baby??
Old 08-09-2006, 06:24 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Also....hasn't Point Given been one of the leading Sophmore sires this year?

Why did #48 go so cheap last night? $170K