Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2013, 10:56 AM
The Curragh

I guess I'm not so sure that Palace Malice was clearly better than WTC in this race?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Les Bois

i just do not see how anyone can justify that let em shine might have won yesterday with a better ride. if so, i guess every horse that ran yesterday could have won with a better ride. on as biased a track as you are going to see, let em shine absolutely had things his own way at belmont and was collared by the eighth pole. yesterday, a much superior animal in mentor crane ran him into the ground. as others have mentioned, was smith supposed to go into los alamitos 4.5 furlong mode and start whipping down the backside? logic leads anyone with a somewhat logical mnd that if you bet on let em shine it was a bad play, especially at his final odds.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrault Robbed View Post
i just do not see how anyone can justify that let em shine might have won yesterday with a better ride. if so, i guess every horse that ran yesterday could have won with a better ride. on as biased a track as you are going to see, let em shine absolutely had things his own way at belmont and was collared by the eighth pole. yesterday, a much superior animal in mentor crane ran him into the ground. as others have mentioned, was smith supposed to go into los alamitos 4.5 furlong mode and start whipping down the backside? logic leads anyone with a somewhat logical mnd that if you bet on let em shine it was a bad play, especially at his final odds.
How can you say that considering until this race Saratoga was a virtual no passing zone? Logic would dictate that Let Em Shine would not be passed like so many before him on the day.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrault Robbed View Post
I agree that Smith had a bad day, but I wonder if something went wrong with Let Em Shine. He is simply too fast early to have been outrun and packed in so quickly.

Paul
Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer View Post
I agree that Smith had a bad day, but I wonder if something went wrong with Let Em Shine. He is simply too fast early to have been outrun and packed in so quickly.

Paul
When do you ever see Mike Smith take it to anyone? He got out broke and decided to try and sit and pounce, only for him to learn that the horse is dead red and possibly over top