Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2006, 12:06 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceller
Good luck if you own a piece of that horse. Although if you only own a piece you aren't a real owner. Didn't Oracle let you know that. I own a piece of 2 with West Point and it is a lot of fun waiting for them to hit the track. As for KD, his post is a little tough for me.
First of all I never said any such thing. Second of all the guy doesnt own a piece but has a friendship with someone who is associated with the owners so he is excited. I think thats great. The guy doesnt have to be an owner to be excited about the horse running and the possibility that he will have his picture taken in the winners circle of a huge race.
Please stop the lying.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:08 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
I will post it here. I have a picture with Barbaro and another with Showing Up. I just have to figure out how to make them electronic files. I used a disposable camera for them but I am buying a digital for my trips up to Saratoga.
I don't doubt that you will be there, that wasn't what I am inferring. Just meant it would be kinda funny to see the guy who has been talking about this race and this horse for two months in the winners circle. You certainly haven't been fickle about him. I have to give you that.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:17 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I don't doubt that you will be there, that wasn't what I am inferring. Just meant it would be kinda funny to see the guy who has been talking about this race and this horse for two months in the winners circle. You certainly haven't been fickle about him. I have to give you that.
I will visit the Tagg barn at Saratoga. He has a bunch of the Jackson's horses. Make no mistake, Showing Up is no Barbaro, but he has a great demeanor and is friendly. Barbaro had a little attitude to him that Showing Up doesn't have.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Del Mar

A lot of people like their horses in this spot, I am sure. Not doubting Kip Deville will be very competitive as he is one of among 6 or 7 who can win this, but lets be real, Dutrow said very confident words regarding Love of Money and some people (certainly not me) actually bet horses based on comments like that. That horse popped and stopped like he got attacked by a hord of wasps.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:20 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
A lot of people like their horses in this spot, I am sure. Not doubting Kip Deville will be very competitive as he is one of among 6 or 7 who can win this, but lets be real, Dutrow said very confident words regarding Love of Money and some people (certainly not me) actually bet horses based on comments like that. That horse popped and stopped like he got attacked by a hord of wasps.
People who bet hosrse based on comments like that deserve to lose money. How many trainers ever say that they don't like their horse in a stakes race? You can't have owners reading that stuff. They all say they like their horse. Anyone who best a horse based on that really does deserve to lose.