Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Secretariat

Default Manners

i would expect that a certain amount of friendly name calling ang jabbing would be allowed.

but at what point does absolute disrespect and name calling go over the line.

is activly seeking to ruin another reputation
still considered correct behavior here.

disrespect at the personal level should be addressed and we should have some rules.

if not we are all just back to the same spot we started.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat
i would expect that a certain amount of friendly name calling ang jabbing would be allowed.

disrespect at the personal level should be addressed and we should have some rules.

I haven't called anyone names, but if I disagree on a topic, I'm entitled to my own opinion and can post it. I will never disrespect someone on a personal level on this message board.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Secretariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I haven't called anyone names, but if I disagree on a topic, I'm entitled to my own opinion and can post it. I will never disrespect someone on a personal level on this message board.
aren't you the one who has her picture on this board flipping someone else off ?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:20 PM
oracle80

Quote:

Look paul, I've said this before and i will say it again. I'm quiet sure that in your area of expertise(accounting) that you are quite knowlegable. I wouldn't question you on specifics of your job. If i had questions in that field and asked you one, I would take what you said at face value.
Now horses are different. WHo anyone thinks was best in a race, who anyone thinks will win a race, who anyone thinks was a better horse are all matters of debate that can't be proven. But certain things are factual and when you call those of us here who know about the game wrong on these factual issues then you make yoursel look like a raving idiot. So you make better figures than Brown and ragozin? Gee, thats great Paul. You shoudl quit the accounting gig and publish them. As far as raw times go, we have all patiently explained to you that raw times mean NOTHING!! Different surfaces, etc. you can't compare raw times on different days at diiferent tracks or even raw times at the same track on different days.
Until you learn to actually listen to what those who know as much about the game as you do about accounting, its hopeless.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
aren't you the one who has her picture on this board flipping someone else off ?
My SISTER took that picture and it was a JOKE. I didn't disrespect anyone on here by posting that since I was kidding around with the person I posted it to. You on the other hand have done nothing but DEGRADE women for the two and a half years that I have been posting on ESPN's board with your disgusting comments. That is what I would call disrespectful. The funny thing is... I have no problem with you whatsoever. I don't always agree with your posts, but I don't always disagree either. If I disagree, I have NEVER made a personal comment about you while posting in reply.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Gulfstream Park

call me a a$ $hole if ya wish, lol im sure some of yas do while reading my posts
Old 06-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappearingdan_akaplaya
call me a a$ $hole if ya wish, lol im sure some of yas do while reading my posts
LOL John.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Secretariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Look paul, I've said this before and i will say it again. I'm quiet sure that in your area of expertise(accounting) that you are quite knowlegable. I wouldn't question you on specifics of your job. If i had questions in that field and asked you one, I would take what you said at face value.
Now horses are different. WHo anyone thinks was best in a race, who anyone thinks will win a race, who anyone thinks was a better horse are all matters of debate that can't be proven. But certain things are factual and when you call those of us here who know about the game wrong on these factual issues then you make yoursel look like a raving idiot. So you make better figures than Brown and ragozin? Gee, thats great Paul. You shoudl quit the accounting gig and publish them. As far as raw times go, we have all patiently explained to you that raw times mean NOTHING!! Different surfaces, etc. you can't compare raw times on different days at diiferent tracks or even raw times at the same track on different days.
Until you learn to actually listen to what those who know as much about the game as you do about accounting, its hopeless.

you seem to think you have a degree in gambling.

he last time i looked your opinions are of no more value than anyone elses. what makes you tthink your opinions on any topic in this game are of any more value than anyone elses ?

what the hell are you raving on about times for ??
raw times have there place in handicapping,
there are websites devoted to just that.
if you feel in your handicapping methods they are worthless, than so be it, for you.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
LOL John.
lol see see i knew some did to be looooooved to be loooooooooooved
Old 06-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Secretariat

Quote:
My SISTER took that picture and it was a JOKE. I didn't disrespect anyone on here by posting that since I was kidding around with the person I posted it to. You on the other hand have done nothing but DEGRADE women for the two and a half years that I have been posting on ESPN's board with your disgusting comments. That is what I would call disrespectful. The funny thing is... I have no problem with you whatsoever. I don't always agree with your posts, but I don't always disagree either. If I disagree, I have NEVER made a personal comment about you while posting in reply.
that simply isn't true.
i don't avoid responding to you and kevin because nothin ever happened.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Gulfstream Park

paul did you ever read any of dave feldmans(rip) colums in the sun times here when he was still alive. one of his famous lines was"difference of opinion makes a horserace" when you have people stating all different sorts of opinions obviously there are gonna be clashes and sometimes personal things said but most of the time i doubt any1 means them
Old 06-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Arlington Park

good grief

on another note, I really need the 2 in the last at Calder.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
that simply isn't true.
i don't avoid responding to you and kevin because nothin ever happened.
What are you talking about? Kevin and I have NEVER met in person for the record. He is a close friend because he was there for me when I was going through a divorce (as a friend) and he's still there for me when I'm going through rough times. You made some nasty comments towards me and never apologized because you have some underlying issue with women (which is your own problem.) If you throw out derogatory statements to someone, expect to get them back unless you apologize.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Hialeah Park

Paul,
Please allow me to respond.
I like you, and your enthusiasm.
When someone puts out ideas, or tries to "beat an arguement" to death...
you or I can only expect responses.
There really are times to just let others think what ever they want.
It's no skin off my nose.
I agree that good debate doesn't go to attacking ones credibility, or character.
Like all interactions with "human beings", especially some that need a comfortable place to dump some of their stress, just my opinion, if you're going to take a stand...you need to be prepared to defend the fort.

With that said, I hope that this thread goes to "esoteric", and that you'll continue to share your thoughts about something that all of us showed up here for...horse racing.
I don't like insults either. It took me a while to develop a "thicker skin".
Arrows bounce off much easier. However, when you're dealing with those that share the same passion, just take it with a "grain of salt".
We've all walked on torn tickets. Those with "hearts" invest, those that don't never show up.
OK?
Hope you catch my drift.
And I hope that this is respectful and shows good manners. Mom taught me right!
DTS
Old 06-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
What are you talking about? Kevin and I have NEVER met in person for the record. He is a close friend because he was there for me when I was going through a divorce (as a friend) and he's still there for me when I'm going through rough times. You made some nasty comments towards me and never apologized because you have some underlying issue with women (which is your own problem.) If you throw out derogatory statements to someone, expect to get them back unless you apologize.

very true! paul you were calling buffy names as well on the other board repeatedly. now to start this thread makes you kinda hyppocritcal doesnt it? just forget the BS and talk horses
Old 06-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Cajungator,
Don't feel obliged to explain anything to Sec/Paul/Blockhead. You're likely right on about his issues. He goes from calling the fastest horse ever (by many measures) average then gets his shorts all bunched up when people disagree with him. He seeks and needs the conflict. He looks to create animosity then cries as if he's been beaten like a baby seal.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Randwyck

Hey, I just signed on for the day ... have I missed anything good?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Hialeah Park

Pete,
Just ardent fans..Ghost Zapper..how dare they insult him? vs Pleasantly Perfect....the usual stuff. See the BC thread.
DTS
Old 06-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
Pete,
Just ardent fans..Ghost Zapper..how dare they insult him? vs Pleasantly Perfect....the usual stuff. See the BC thread.
DTS
DTS.. I don't think anyone except Blocky/Sec./the Mayor.. was comparing PP to GZ.. most were just trying to point out the flaws in blocky's arguments(which he didn't like, of course).. it was never about GZ v. PP.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyneedsawin
DTS.. I don't think anyone except Blocky/Sec./the Mayor.. was comparing PP to GZ.. most were just trying to point out the flaws in blocky's arguments(which he didn't like, of course).. it was never about GZ v. PP.
Both were amazing horses IMO for varying reasons. I didn't like the fact that he said that GZ was doped. How does he know he was doped? Why make a statement like that unless you can back it up with something factual?