Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Randwyck

Great job everyone. Yep.....well placed.

Follow me with the Rays grounds crew at
https://twitter.com/TripleCrown59
www.facebook.com/TripleCrown59

K&S pics-
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BYtWrhw2csXLA
Old 09-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaReason
Just wanted to give everyone an update on Oriana Rossi, who was supposed to ride KNS before a spill...

She is okay, out of the hospital and is very sore and bruised up. Somewhat similar to me (thank you, Missus Mayflower)...
That's good to hear. Amazing that all the charts that I've looked at show her as riding KnS . I guess communication out of KD is slow.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Sha Tin

Aldeb just hated the soft ground. She is nervous by nature and just didnt feel confident enough to extend herself on that track. Draw a line through the race. We will try Hoosier dirt with her and add blinkers to eliminate as many distractions as possible and maybe get her a little closer to the pace.

Kickin ran great. Simply outrun by a horse that is very sharp and who loves the course. Will probably give her a short break (though she isnt a very good vacationer) and try her on the dirt at CD, later in the meet, maybe in one of those 1 turn mile races that seem to have favorable pace setups for her. She may also ship to Philly later this Fall and run up there this Winter if she can handle the dirt well enough. There is also a chance that she will go to Ocala this Winter and compete at Tampa/Gulfstream. We will see.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Just wanted to give everyone an update on Oriana Rossi, who was supposed to ride KNS before a spill...

She is okay, out of the hospital and is very sore and bruised up. Somewhat similar to me (thank you, Missus Mayflower)...
I'm glad Oriana is okay. It looked like she sat up immediately and got up a little later.

So, are you going to tell the story about you and M&M (Missus Mayflower)? Or do I have to wait until late next week when I am in Louisville?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
Steve I bet she is back pacing in her stall as we type. I've never seen a more maniacal horse in my life. If she were human she'd be in the padded cell for sure.
She was pacing in her stall after the race... the only time she wasn't pacing is when they let her graze in the grassy area near the stable. Yes, she is a nut case, but she's our nut case.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Bowie

Missus Mayflower decided to throw one of her famous temper tantrums and decided to back up quickly into the stall of Redboard King. When her butt hit the cross bar she decided to try to duck under (throwing her front end down) it pile driving Ryan on her head into the ground.....She can be a charmer some days
Old 09-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll0608
Missus Mayflower decided to throw one of her famous temper tantrums and decided to back up quickly into the stall of Redboard King. When her butt hit the cross bar she decided to try to duck under (throwing her front end down) it pile driving Ryan on her head into the ground.....She can be a charmer some days
she'll fit right in with this crew then...
Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll0608
Wow! Is Ryan okay?

I think we need to put an equine psychiatrist on the payroll....
Old 09-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Kickin ran great. Simply outrun by a horse that is very sharp and who loves the course. Will probably give her a short break (though she isnt a very good vacationer) and try her on the dirt at CD, later in the meet, maybe in one of those 1 turn mile races that seem to have favorable pace setups for her. She may also ship to Philly later this Fall and run up there this Winter if she can handle the dirt well enough. There is also a chance that she will go to Ocala this Winter and compete at Tampa/Gulfstream. We will see.
Haven't been to Philly Park since I stood in line to see Smarty work This would be a good excuse to give the place another chance. By the way, congrats and thanks Team Simon for another fine job.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
Wow! Is Ryan okay?

Maybe the girls need their favorite German Colonel back?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Wow! Is Ryan okay?

Guiness in the feed is probably cheaper and tastier! Or maybe we need to get MM a goat!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Pimlico

I would LOVE for her to run at Churchill. What a great place to have a horse!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfbridled
I would LOVE for her to run at Churchill. What a great place to have a horse!
Great Memories. Sumwon from a few years ago

Old 10-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Wow! Is Ryan okay?

Jonathon! You are coming to visit?! YAY!!

Haha, Cherie gave a very good account of what happened. I landed hard on my head and shoulder...still can't rotate my shoulder or lift anything heavy...but I've been riding. Missy has been an angel since the incident...naturally. Haha.

Maybe KNS told her to do it. They are neighbors.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
Great Memories. Sumwon from a few years ago

I just noticed something extremely creepy about this picture.

Ashley (PerfectMillion) and I are in the background. We didn't even work for Chuck then. What a coincidence.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Jonathon! You are coming to visit?! YAY!!

Haha, Cherie gave a very good account of what happened. I landed hard on my head and shoulder...still can't rotate my shoulder or lift anything heavy...but I've been riding. Missy has been an angel since the incident...naturally. Haha.

Maybe KNS told her to do it. They are neighbors.
Yep, flying in Thursday at noon.

Sorry Missy messed with you. But I think the only thing she picked up from KNS is the desire to graze whenever possible.

Last edited by Unstable : 10-03-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

Ashley (PerfectMillion) and I are in the background. We didn't even work for Chuck then. What a coincidence.
I swear I was looking at Sumwon. LOL
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Detroit Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Aldeb just hated the soft ground. She is nervous by nature and just didnt feel confident enough to extend herself on that track. Draw a line through the race. We will try Hoosier dirt with her and add blinkers to eliminate as many distractions as possible and maybe get her a little closer to the pace.

If I'm not mistaken KnS has a decent 2nd place finish on the CD dirt going 7f early on in her career. Maybe before she broke her maiden? Knowing Jazzy she would give you a good effort if you ran her on The Watterson.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Leger

If I'm not mistaken KnS has a decent 2nd place finish on the CD dirt going 7f early on in her career. Maybe before she broke her maiden? Knowing Jazzy she would give you a good effort if you ran her on The Watterson.
Yes you are correct. I think it was a maiden claiming for 50k. She left this morning for a short break at the farm as reward for her effort.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Les Bois

Quote:

Ummm, not only that, we're RIGHT above her saddle towel.