Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-30-2006, 02:30 AM
Flemington

Default Too late for Vin,and Grady

Dodgers/Cincy kept old farts Vin Scully and Grady Little up way past their bedtime.Took until a minute or so after midnite for Los Dodgers to win it.1st career walk off homer for veteran utility infielder Ramon Martinez.Gander,it gets better each time they interview Furcal.The guy is hilarious.I think part of it is because he is a little guy with this real deep rough voice.Doesn't sound like what you expect to come out of that guy.Then he says stuff like

"it's a long gang........."

He has done a good job this year.Started out poorly,but really turned it around both on offense,and defense. The guy doesn't like to miss games either.One of the few guys earning his pay.

BTW ..Vlade damn near took a reliever's head off in Seattle.I mean he hit a pitch flush upside this guy's head(Soriano.)I couldn't believe the guy was concious,but I think he was.The ball ended up way into foul territory(by one of the dugouts.)

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-30-2006 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:59 AM
Havre de Grace

At the change of inning starting the 15th, Vinnie said " It's 5-5 in the bottom of the 5th" I like this team's chances, even to beat the Mets into the Series! They just started to click after GM showed up....Great job by Lowe tonite,too
Old 08-30-2006, 03:49 AM
Flemington

I am gunna try to make it out(when my Dad comes back from vacation) to one of the games against San Diego.God, I hate that scum more than I hate spiders.More than the wind my btch passes.What's up with the yellow seats with the metal separators around them? They tried to make actual box seats like at the Hollywood Bowl?