Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2006, 10:37 AM
eurobounce

Default Cincinnati Reds and St Louis Cards

Can't believe MY REDS have caught the Cards. I know the Cards have struggled this year with their rotation and the Reds' rotation is a nice surprise. Picking up Lohse was HUGE. I am sure he will come back down to earth a little. But Harang, Arroyo, Milton, Lohse aren't that bad of a 4some. Certainly there are worse out there. Keep in mind that Claussen and Wilson are still on the DL. And they have that stud Homer Bailey in the minors. He is 6-0 with a 1.18 ERA or something like that in AA. The Reds can certainly slug with the Cards. But when Edmonds is healthy that is one potent line-up. Duncan (who is a stud), Puhols, Rolen, Edmonds is about as tough as there is in the national league. The Cards do have the luxury of Izzy in the closer role, something The Reds lack. But it should be a fun month watching these two team battle. Plus the Cards have the X Factor is Tony. He is about as good as manager there is. Huge edge there. Good luck to The Reds but my pick still is the Cards.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
BellamyRd.

I've been telling anybody who would listen for awhile now
that the Cardinals would not make the playoffs
there falling faster than k-mart stock
Chris Michalak was my favorite Bat, I miss him so
Old 08-25-2006, 11:17 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellamyRd.
I've been telling anybody who would listen for awhile now
that the Cardinals would not make the playoffs
there falling faster than k-mart stock
Chris Michalak was my favorite Bat, I miss him so
Michalak is doing pretty well. He is slotted in the 5th spot in the rotation. I think he is going to be a good one. He has stuff to get out left and right handers. His slider is deadly to lefties. I think the Cards and Reds will both make the playoffs. The rest of the NL isnt good at all.